Looking for ebay sellers! (Recycled BMW parts) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 10-17-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Send a message via Skype™ to PROJECT EURO
Default Looking for ebay sellers! (Recycled BMW parts)

Hey, I'm looking for ebay sellers in Europe or the UK.

The item's I sell are used BMW auto parts. All parts have been inspected physically and electronic parts have been scanned with a BMW Service Computer to be in good working condition.
I dismantled a few BMW's here (BME e65's, e39's, e46's) and I have a whole shipping container filled with parts.

I will supply the pictures, all necessary part numbers and item identifiers, and provide an item description.
I need a person, or persons to list the items for me, and upon completion of sale, I will ship the items within 2 days with a tracking number.

Looking for persons in the EU or UK, I am located in Poland. I wouldn't mind working with someone out of the USA, but shipping from Poland to the USA is either very expensive ( air frieght) or slow (sea frieght).

I plan on providing items that can fit in a box and ship easily.

For more details, send me a private message or here.

The holidays are around the corner and November December and January are the best months for selling and to bring in revenue from my experience from when I used to sell on ebay when I used to live in the United States before moving to Poland.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-17-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Looking for ebay sellers! (Recycled BMW parts)

you can list from Poland unless you have been suspended by EBAY.
Old 10-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

There are several sellers who do this type of service but you would need to be able to persuade them that it would be worth them risking a solid account for you. Total dropshipping is fraught with problems - not least cross border money transfers

If you let a customer down it is the seller who would pay the price and not you

I assume you are not looking for fulfillment, just listing and clearing the funds. I assume you will not be using a UK bank account - all of this can create complications.

As an example I list and sell for someone in China. They send me 3 units and I sell and despatch and account back to them - the send 3 units because of UK customs limits stretching the CN22 figure as far as is credible - it has been running successfully for many months - there is always more stock in the pipeline to enable continuous sales

In January it is possible that there will be tariffs on motor parts from the EU to the UK and this will be an added complication for you

A better solution for you would be to buy a UK Ebay/Paypal combination and find someone in the UK to run it for you using a mobile hotspot for IP - listing and answering queries - and you pay them for their work. That leaves you in control of the money and your operator in the UK is not at risk

I am sure one of the account sellers will be able to advise you further on that

You will of course need a UK bank account but that is not an insurmountable problem
Old 10-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Selling BMW parts is account suicide due to rampant counterfeit auto parts. Especially because of phaked luxury brands like BMW.

Good luck with whatever you're trying to do OP, but I think you'd be better off selling your own items.

Your post reads like you're trying to get somebody else to sell your items which you know for certain would cause problems if you tried selling them on your own account.
Old 10-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Selling BMW parts is account suicide due to rampant counterfeit auto parts. Especially because of phaked luxury brands like BMW.

Good luck with whatever you're trying to do OP, but I think you'd be better off selling your own items.

Your post reads like you're trying to get somebody else to sell your items which you know for certain would cause problems if you tried selling them on your own account.
That's how I read it too - but to be fair to the OP the whole issue of PLAY in Poland has been dealt with in another thread
Old 10-18-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Buyers will have the account suspended within weeks ...

Returns of their own faulty parts in place of the one you send.
Buyers buying the wrong part for the wrong car model so opening returns and then the item getting damaged in transit due to being repacked inappropriately or being returned incomplete.

The list is endless. It's a nightmare.

I know because I have a friend that did this. He gave up very quickly.

Probably explains why you want others to risk their account and have the headache while you just pay them a small cut / fee. Makes sense and good luck to you.
Old 10-18-2020

worse,sellers have to pay for return shipping if it is a case of INAD
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies and the information.

So to clarify, Actually I moved to Poland recently and opened a new ebay account and paypal account. Everything was fine at first, I made a few listings, and even made 2 sales within a couple days of posting the items. Ebay temporarily suspended my account and asked for a verification phone call. After the phone call, they reinstated my account, and even lited my limits. They said it could take up to 24 hours to reinstate my account. When I log in the next morning, I get an email from ebay stating they permanaltey restricted my account. I didn't understand what was happenning. I called ebay, talked to a representative in the phillipines, and all she could say was my account is permantley restricted, and there is no more information she could share with me. She coulnd't tell me why, she didn't want to transfer me to a supervisor, nothing. I was pretty pissed and also confused.

I started searching for answers on the internet and came across aspkin and bought the course, read it, and know I understand what I did wrong.

Its not that my items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or broken, its just that I started selling too soon, after making the account.

FYI, I started selling on ebay back in 2014, but i started with an ebay account i made back in 2005 and had already made some purchases with it. I started selling on ebay in 2014, upgraded to an ebay business account, and was making pretty good money dismantling sportbikes and selling used motorcycle parts, things i had around the house, items I would find at garage sales, and selling things on consignment.

If I lived in the United States, i would make an eBay Stealth account no problem. Thing is I moved to poland, and things are a little bit different here as far as banking is concerned. I'm afraid paypal or ebay will block me again. You can't buy a prepaid phone here or a prepaid as easily as you can in the united states, everything has to be linked to my PESEL.

So at this point, I just would rather just share my profits with somebody to move the items I have instead of sitting on them. The market in poland is alot smaller than the united states market.

I don't sell garbage or items that are broken, they go in the trash heap or to the scrap yard. I have a suite of bmw tools on my laptop (INPA, ISTA+, DIS V57) etc. and I scanned each module on the car for issues before dismantling, and also tested the items physically.

Also, people don't make that much money here, so the things I do have, sell for alot less locally than they would on ebay. For example, a BMW e46 3 spoke multifunction steering wheel with airbag sells for double on ebay than it does locally. Some other items I have sell for 3x to 4x more than I can get here locally.

Also selling on ebay means a bigger marketplace, and things will sell alot faster.

I've been selling things locally, but it just isn't cutting it. I have not had one buyer complain locally here, and even get repeat customers, but my whole business plan was to sell it on ebay, for alot more than I can get here.

So if anyone is willing to work with me, I appreciate it.
Old 10-29-2020

You may want to try Craigslist and see if there are car guys who want to sell for you.
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Buyers will have the account suspended within weeks ...

Returns of their own faulty parts in place of the one you send.
Buyers buying the wrong part for the wrong car model so opening returns and then the item getting damaged in transit due to being repacked inappropriately or being returned incomplete.

The list is endless. It's a nightmare.

I know because I have a friend that did this. He gave up very quickly.

Probably explains why you want others to risk their account and have the headache while you just pay them a small cut / fee. Makes sense and good luck to you.
First of all, I don't want to risk anyones account, and I don't think what I'm offering is a "small cut/ fee". I think its reasonable compensation for the amount of work they will have to put in vs the amount of work and money I already put in, and have yet to put in.

#2 what do you define as a small cut / fee? I think that is open to interpration.

#3 I never had a problem with returns.
All parts I send are marked. When I used sell in the USA, I only had one instance when I shipped a crankshaft to a mexican buyer to texas. He swapped the crankshaft and sent me his broken one back and made a claim on paypal. We quickly resolved it because his crankshaft was scored and the one we advertised on ebay obviously wasn't. Also the casting numbers on his crankshaft were different than the one we listed, It didn't cause me any issues because I had a ebay business account and I kept on trucking. Paypal actually closed the case in our favor and I never heard from the mexican scam artist again.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend but I do a pretty good job of listing my items and doing a little research as to whether or not they fit a particular car or not. For bmw parts I used realoem.com and sportbikes I would call the dealer if I had any questions about fitment. I very rarely had a return, or someone make a paypal claim against me. I also stated in my listing for buyers to contact me if they had any questions regarging fitment before purchasing.

In the case of the Mexican scam artist, I learned to accept purchases from ebay buyers that had thier account for a little longer than a year or actually recieved feedback. The mexican scam artist had his account for 4 months and no feedback.

The only other return I had was a Suzuki GSXR 600 motor that was damaged by UPS in shipping. After that is avoided using UPS becasue I learned the Saddle Brook NJ UPS shipping warehouse employees toss around packages. One of my buddies actually said to avoid UPS because he worked in that location and said they throw packages around like basketballs, and don't really care. After that I found a frieght broker and started shipping motorcyle engines by truck frieght, and would have the buyer pick up the engine from the warehouse or have it shipped to a commercial location with a shipping dock.

Returns and scam artists do happen. I do my best to make sure the package is packed tight, the customer knows what he's buying, the package is insured and that the customer signs for the package instead of it being left on the front door. The world is getting crazier by the day, I do my best to "Cover my Ass"
Old 10-29-2020

It is not you,it is the buyers,they could order the wrong item,they dont know how to install the item,they could have a case of buyer remorse,or they just want to scam.
When they open a case of INAD item not as described,the seller would have to give them a return shipping label and refund in full,so the seller is not only losing money on original shipping but return shipping as well.
have you tried looking up the car parts sellers on Ebay and contact them ,look under Ebay motor seller forum
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
You may want to try Craigslist and see if there are car guys who want to sell for you.
Nobody in Poland uses craigslist, back when I lived in New Jersey, everyone used craigslist. If it didn't sell on ebay, it would sell on craigslist. The best part of craigslist, is once people get to know you, you get alot of repeat customers. But here in poland, no one uses craigslist. Theres a couple of ads, here and there, but people here use other services. I use the other services (OLX, Allegro, sprzedajemy, gumtree, lento.pl, otomoto) some are free, some you have to pay for, some have restriction in the auto parts category (allegro local allows 10 items per user in the auto parts category, OLX allows 1 or 2, after that you have to pay for every 30 days the ad is up)

Also you have keep in mind I live in a country that people don't make that much money compared to around the world. The average earnings here are 3x to 4x less than someone would make in the same position in the USA or lets say france. I know a office manager in REGUS in warsaw makes 5,000 zł brutto (before taxes) 3,800 zł netto (after taxes) a month. The same position in NJ would pay about 4,000 USD to 5,000 USD a month.

So lets do the math, $1 = 4 zł (roughly). So for the same amount of work the office manager in the USA makes 4x more money and has 4x more buying power than the office manager in Poland.

Same thing goes for most other positions. So it just means that people have less money to spend here, less buying power, so products are alot cheaper here than they are lets say in USA. a liter of milk is 2 zł which is .50 cents usd. So I used buy a gallon of milk for about $4 in NJ. I can buy the same gallon of milk here for $2. Housing per sq meter is cheaper here than in NJ. Eggs are more cheaper here, and the list goes on. The only thing that isn't cheaper is New cars and new name brand electronics ( For example samsung TV's.) If anything they are more expensive here cuz you have to pay 23% VAT, whereas I could order the same TV from New york and have it shipped to NJ, and I avoid paying sales tax because I bought it out of state.

Any questions?
Old 10-29-2020

so cheaper goods come with cheaper labor.
what I mean is to find a reseller for your parts on ebay seller forum-ebay motors where they chat and ask questions,you may have to email them privately.
or go to Criagslist USA/CANADA/Germany to find resellers
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It is not you,it is the buyers,they could order the wrong item,they dont know how to install the item,they could have a case of buyer remorse,or they just want to scam.
When they open a case of INAD item not as described,the seller would have to give them a return shipping label and refund in full,so the seller is not only losing money on original shipping but return shipping as well.
have you tried looking up the car parts sellers on Ebay and contact them ,look under Ebay motor seller forum
In my listings, I always state that the buyer has to pay for return shipping. It weens out any unnessecary purchases, buyers remorse, etc. As far as scam artists go, it comes with the territory, Ive been fortunate enought to only been scammed once when selling on ebay, but you gotta use your noggin and avoid new users, make sure they made some purchases, etc. Scams can happen to anyone. You just need to take the right precautions to make sure scam artists stay away from you, (mark your parts, take clear pictures of part numbers, and production dates). BMW pretty does a good job of putting a production date on most of thier parts and labels. Plus most parts have a serial number and bar code on them that are unique to that part. The part number might be the same, but the production date and serial number will be off. Like I said, I never got many returns, but in the case of the Mexican scam artist, I recorded myself opening the package, unpacking the package, and I made sure that the camera got the shipping label before opening the package. You do that and send it off to paypal or ebay, and someone on thier team reviews it, its a no brainer for them and like i said, within a month I had the funds back in my account.

And good idea, i did think about contacting other people on ebay to work with them, and that was my next move if I couldn't get any traction here.
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
so cheaper goods come with cheaper labor.
what I mean is to find a reseller for your parts on ebay seller forum-ebay motors where they chat and ask questions,you may have to email them privately.
or go to Criagslist USA/CANADA/Germany to find resellers
Thanks for the advice, I will try that next
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

I don't think it will cause problems for someone elses account. It's not what I'm trying to do here. The parts I sell are Genuine BMW OE parts. With original labels and markings from the factory. I don't know which BMW parts can be ⊗⊗⊗⊗d, maybe aftermarket suspension parts, ok, I see it, aftermarket floor mats with the BMW logo on them, ok. I haven't anyone try to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ a used idrive controller or comfort seats out of a 7 series. I haven't seen any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ GETRAG transmissions on the market. I haven't seen any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ BMW instrument clusters.

I just can't wrap my head around opening a eBay Stealth account in Poland. I don't even know of good IP provider her than can provide good clean IP addresses from Poland. I got shut down by ebay because either my IP address jumped around alot from town to town (warsaw, krakow, gdansk) its becuase of my internet provider (4g wireless internet), or because I started selling too early from the account creation date, or a combination of both.

Plus it the holiday season, and sales usually pickup around this time. I would make a killing November through January because everyone is buying stuff either for themselves or for someone else as presents. Plus after christmas, some buyers get that christmas money or christmas bonuses from thier work, and they usually spend it on stuff for themselves, or for thier cars or motorcycles. I don't think I can get a eBay Stealth account going in that amount of time. I'm having issues wrapping my head around the details of making a stealth account here and not getting caught by ebay in poland.

The ebay stealth guide is really more focused for USA ebay sellers than it is for us in Europe. Everyone on this forum is selling USA or UK stealth accounts. I don't live in the UK, I have no idea on business practice and business laws there, I'm bound to mess up. As far as traveling to the UK and getting affairs in order during these times of the COVID pandemic, forget about it. The whole world is a mess right now. I'm afraid I'm gonna buy an eBay Stealth account, and get blocked again because I'm "dropshipping" from a UK account from Poland. I really don't know what do to other than move back to the USA. But I'm not trying to do that, I'm already settled in here, I have a house, 3 cars (all BMW's ) , a dog, a gf, and i'm trying to start a business in the next few month's.

Last edited by PROJECT EURO; 10-29-2020 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
There are several sellers who do this type of service but you would need to be able to persuade them that it would be worth them risking a solid account for you. Total dropshipping is fraught with problems - not least cross border money transfers

I assume you are not looking for fulfillment, just listing and clearing the funds. I assume you will not be using a UK bank account - all of this can create complications.

As an example I list and sell for someone in China. They send me 3 units and I sell and despatch and account back to them - the send 3 units because of UK customs limits stretching the CN22 figure as far as is credible - it has been running successfully for many months - there is always more stock in the pipeline to enable continuous sales

In January it is possible that there will be tariffs on motor parts from the EU to the UK and this will be an added complication for you

A better solution for you would be to buy a UK Ebay/Paypal combination and find someone in the UK to run it for you using a mobile hotspot for IP - listing and answering queries - and you pay them for their work. That leaves you in control of the money and your operator in the UK is not at risk

You will of course need a UK bank account but that is not an insurmountable problem
I understand the risk the seller is taking.

I'm also trying to target the european market, not just UK. The cars I dismantled are European Market cars, certain parts are not for the UK market (headlights, steering columns, dashboard parts), as for the rest of the car, its plug and play.

And yes I'm looking for listing and clearing funds, I will be taking care of fulfillment myself, because I have the parts. I don't see an issue sending money paypal to paypal. I have a multi currency account at my bank and I transfer money every single time my paycheck clears from my USA chase account to my account here in Poland so I can pay the bills. I've never had an issue.

I'd love to get some sales in the USA, the only thing is shipping by air is more expensive and can take a cut out of profits, and shipping by sea container can be a little slower, but its cost effective. I'm still looking for a shipping courier that can get packages over to the USA for a affordable sum and in a timely manner. When I lived in the USA, I would ship parts to France and Germany and using USPS (United States Postal Service). The buyer would obviously pay a little more for shipping, but it wasn't much more and it usually arrived to thier front door within 7 to 10 days. USPS was good like that becauses they had the best international shipping rates compared to FedEX AIR and USPS AIR.

But then again, i ordered parts for my BMW from Estonia to the USA and they used DHL. It got to my front door within 7 days and the shipping fee was around 10 to 15 dollars. So I'm sure If I look hard enought I'll find somebody that can get the parts over to the USA cheap enough where it'll attract buyers from North America, except Mexico, no more sales from Mexico. I learned my lesson selling to Mexico already.

Also I will be shipping the parts to the buyer. So it looks like any other package. Its a used item, for all customs knows, I could be shipping it to my best friend or a family member. And buyers are responsible for customs fee's.

I had a similar issue, I had a buyer from south america wanting to buy a stator and a rectifier, and certain south american countries has certain tariffs and restrictions from buying used auto parts from outside thier trade agreement. I did a little research for the customer and found a loophole. And found a few excpetions to the rules, and my buyer got his part with no problems at all.

Last edited by PROJECT EURO; 10-29-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your inputs and also for your advice.

I know some of you had some concerns about my the way I plan on doing things and I think I addressed them all. If I get to work with any of you, I plan on it being prosperous and fulfilling. Thank you again!
Old 11-08-2020

Longevity: 54%

Hi, im intersted im from Croatia, send me your contact infor and we talk
Old 11-08-2020

Have you checked to see if there is an American expatriate community in your country where they have ways to ship items to USA cheaper? by combining multiple packages into one big one,shipped to an US company,which will then ship individual packages to its recipient in US.
I know in US,there are such arrangements in Japanese,Chinese and Vietnamese communities,not just packages but money transfer as well.
As for Mexico,there is an outfit in Brownsville,Tx,Mexicans in Mexico with AMZN prime account will buy on AMZN with free domestic shipping,have the items shipped to Brownsville,and a driver will cross into Mexico,clear customs and turn them over to a local carrier in Mexico,there is a small fee involved for their efforts and buyers prepaid Mexican customs duty and local shipping charge.
Consumer electronics are expensive in Mexico,this is how Mexicans buy them cheaper .
Old 11-15-2020

Longevity: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post

It sounds great. I know a good Chinese supplier and I have worked with him many times
Old 11-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by granazg View Post
Hi, im intersted im from Croatia, send me your contact infor and we talk
I added my skype info in my profile. Send me a message on skype, and we will talk more on there....

thanks for responding