Wow!! Look At This!!!!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Wow!! Look At This!!!!!!!

Can you believe this! We cant buy penny items but this 1 seller has 450penny items for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he/she just registered on Ebay.. This is why I hate Ebay!

450 penny feedback items for sale by 1 person!

But as tcho says, we are weeding out fraudsters, scammers,etc..Looks like Ebay is alittle slow at this today

I would like to hear what everyone think of this??

eBay Seller: axulk: Everything Else, Blueberry Pie Recipe - 1 Cent Penny Auction - Free Ship items on eBay.com

eBay My World - axulk

Aslo this other person built over 800 feedback over 2 months from penny
items eBay Feedback Profile for jpbrokers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 96%

Like I said in my PM to you, there's no actual policy against selling ebooks. It's just not a fraud threat, at the moment. As soon as the guy switches to selling something bigger (if he does), he'll most probably be suspended pretty quick.
Old 09-19-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
Like I said in my PM to you, there's no actual policy against selling ebooks. It's just not a fraud threat, at the moment. As soon as the guy switches to selling something bigger (if he does), he'll most probably be suspended pretty quick.
Not a fraud threat?? So why is it a threat when we buy a ton of penny books but its not a threat to sell it??? Hummm contradiction
Old 09-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

It goes against any kind of common sense to allow something to be sold that is not supposed to be bought. I've countered ebay on this many times, and I have yet to be given anything more than a nonsensical response.

tcho - want to take a stab at it?
Old 09-19-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I didn't examine the link (Chris Hanson has a tendency to post links that transmit your IP address to him when you click on them - beware), but maybe this guy's business is selling ebooks? So what would the problem be with that?
uhmm, Ip means nothing remember?? Anyone can get a Ip from a email, or just by visiting my website...

Business selling penny ebooks???? Suspect. It will take 100 or more ebooks just to make a buck
Old 09-19-2007

Thanks Modee, for the info.

Chris, Is Ip really means nothing to you?? But you will even post links that transmit IP address to you.
Old 09-19-2007

As some of you already know from a post in another area here, I had my feedbacks canceled after someone turned me in for 1 cent to .99 cent auctions. I purchased some and I sold some. I did not know this was against ebay policy, but ebay removed ALL the feedback, sales and purchases, so I don't think it matters if you are buying or selling, they remove them.
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Just to provide some clarification on my previous post. I was a little misinformed about the ebook thing. Like I said before, I'm more in the SH side of TnS, and ebooks falls under CW. Oops

I asked a CW rep and they informed me that there is infact a policy about ebooks, but it's fairly new and not very well established at the moment. Basically, if it looks like someone's padding their feedback just using cheap Buy It Now ebook listings, they'll remove all the ebooks and feedback related to it. Who knew!

I passed on that account to the CW peeps so it should get removed/suspended soon hopefully.
Old 09-19-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

tcho, what does CW,and SH stands for??

Also I hope your not logging into this website from work??? A Paypal employee got fired because she logging in from work on top PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system!

Glad you passed on the account, but don't you mean accounts. Their was a power seller too that was listed, or does the power seller has special powers???
Old 09-19-2007

And what was the policy on e-books?
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Community Watch and Safe Harbor, sub divisions of Trust and Safety.

CW deals with Listing Practices, VeRO, Infringement, Banned/Prohibited Items, etc. More listing violation things. SH deals with account violation things, such as PSUs (Previously Suspended Users), ATOs (Account Takeovers), High Risk accounts, Fraud accounts, suspicious activity, etc.

I passed on the one account, I missed that other one, but whatever, I'm not at work so I don't really care That's not a PSer btw. Just because they have 800 feedback and a purple star doesn't make 'em ****. They're probably going to start scamming soon and get picked up automatically anyways.
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasies View Post
And what was the policy on e-books?
Just as I described it. Details I couldn't get, mainly because the friend I asked didn't know himself. Another team deals with it, and like I said it's fairly new so I bet the team that does deal with it hardly knows! lol.
Old 09-19-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

That ebook policy is kind of iffy. I mean I guess Ebay should allow sellers to sell ebooks but I don't think they should be allowed to sell a gang of Ebooks then start selling(high end) right after they get tons of feedback.But that i

Now maybe if they sell the ebooks and sale their main product at the same time that could fly.
Old 09-19-2007

I don't understand why e-books are even allowed. Ebay doesn't seem to like them and they have no problems showing that when you purchase them. There really is good information out there, and so what if it serves a dual purpose. Ebay has become the "look but don't touch" e-commerce provider.
Old 09-19-2007

Ebay needs to write their own e-book on how to screw up a good thing and how to really scam people and get away with it.
If anyone is running a scam session it is ebay.

I would love to see someone file a class action multi billion dollar lawsuit against ebay and name the employees in the lawsuit so we can all see the names of the people on the lawsuit. Now that would be cool to see who the jackass was that pushed the red button on you and me and a court ordered documentation of why and how they did it.

That would open some eyes up.
Old 09-20-2007
Banned

Oh goodie, more "class action lawsuit" talk. Well I'm one of those employees who suspends people, possibly even you!

How: Well we have this program (a few different ones actually depending on the task). We compile the necessary evidence and/or links to other accounts, check them off on a list or type them manually if necessary, input the proofs and build the suspension note, and hit the red suspend button. There is also the other program in which we just check the flagged auctions to make sure they are in violation, copy the proof required from the listing or check off the list to say what the violations are, submit them to the program and agree with the recommended action (except in very rare cases which require management approval to deviate from the recommended action).

Why: Well, it should be fairly obvious, you violated the policies and/or are suspected of being a scammer or potentially not being able to fulfill your obligations. Could also be member/feedback reports, unpaid items, links to other suspended accounts, etc etc. There is always a fairly legitimate reason however.

Anyhow, sarcasm aside, stop hating on the ebay employees who suspend you. Hate on eBay Inc. I've said it before and I'll say it again. We're just doing what we're paid to do. If we don't, we get fired! Saying things like you want to take the individual employee who suspended you to court makes YOU sound like the jackass. Besides, I don't believe you'd ever be able to take the individual employee to court, you'd sue eBay Inc, not Mr or Mrs CSR who's just following the company's policies.
Old 09-20-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

How does Ebay have the manpower to handle all of those accounts? How many people work on it at 1 time???
Old 09-20-2007
Banned

What is "it" exactly? There are around 3000 eBay CSRs employed in 3 major centers in North America, plus a few hundred to 'maybe' a thousand at various outsourcing groups around the world. This includes GS and TnS though. I don't know the breakdown from there. This doesn't include PayPal either, just eBay GS and TnS.
Old 09-20-2007
Executive [VIP]

well well looks like he went bye bye >=]
Old 09-20-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

I guess Tcho wiped him out even though this person is till doing it...

eBay My World - jpbrokers
Old 09-20-2007
Banned

I told you I didn't pass that account on, only the other one
Old 09-21-2007

tcho - I have a couple of questions for you. You mentioned in a previous post that a person's account may be suspended due to poor feedback. There is someone I have been watching on ebay who clearly rips people off left and right, he pulled a scam on a friend. Bad feedback is left, this person obviously leaves a negative in return just to get get even, and I am guessing to give himself some leverage to have the feedback mutually withdrawn. He has sold 3,000 - 4,000 items, has about 150 negatives, plus the mutually withdrawn feedbacks, which total to around 300 together, and around 125 neutrals. His negative feedbacks are the same complaint (he promises money back guarantee and doesn't honor it). Yet he still lives and thrives on ebay, how is this possible? Even with 3,000 positives, 150 negatives is not a good rating. Where does ebay draw the line? Other people are getting their accounts suspended because they forget to update a phone number. But this guy is clearly ripping people off and he sails right on by. And yes, he has been reported to ebay, yet he still lives. Is it based on the high dollar amount he brings to ebay by having so many listings in such a short period of time?