Help I was scammed on Ebay and I am refusing to give up my money! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Help I was scammed on Ebay and I am refusing to give up my money!

Ok, so I have an Ebay account (Stealth) that I made about 6 months ago. I have been selling great and have over 100 positive feedback. 2 weeks ago I sold my last valuable baseball card on Ebay to a new buyer, he only had 15 feedback but he contacted me before hand. Everything seemed legit, I mailed him the Sandy Koufax rookie card and I thought we were good to go. I withdrew the money from my paypal account to my bank account and that was that. Well, all of a sudden I get an item not as described dispute opened? The guy claimed the card wasn't real? I offered a full money back guarantee obviously because I don't sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items. I said he could feel free to send the card back to me ( I emailed him a valid address to send the card back to) and he mailed it back. I went and picked the card up and BOOM! The little ******* mailed me back a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ rookie card!!!!!! My original card NOWHERE to be found!!! The claim was closed due to the fact that the card was returned and now my paypal account is in red $-495.00!! Well, to be quiet frankly honestly paypal has screwed me out of hundreds of dollars so I am in no reason to ever give them any money. If they want to give the guy his money back they can go for it but I will just let the Ebay account get suspended due to a negative balance and then start a new account later on. This is like the 4th time I have been scammed on items so I am just not going to take it anymore. My question is, the paypal and ebay account is under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ credit card, and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone number. I withdrew the money from my bank account and closed the account as well. Is there any way ebay or paypal could track it back to me? Could they ever find out the real name under a bank account? I don't want to wind up getting in trouble but I mean I am NOT giving up $500.00 to paypal.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Oh and the little dotts that are getting bleeped out we will say they stand for not real.
Old 11-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

I wouldnt worry about it.
In order to get your name from the bank Ebay/Paypal needs a court order.
No way will they go to the trouble or expense (more than what they lost on this account) of doing this. They have soooo many accounts in a similar status that the only thing theyll be inclined to do is send it to a collection agency AFTER they verify the info you gave them is legit (by calling the number you gave them) - which is not the case. Since it is not the case theyll simply write it off.
God knows they have PLENTY of locked up accounts with PLENTY of money in them to more than offset this tiny little loss.
Bottom line - dont worry about it. Open a new ebay/paypal account - following the Stealth guidelines of course.
Old 11-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

it that a stealth paypal account or a paypal in ya name with your current address and ssn attached. If that is a stealth paypal account close the bank account and move on. Also is against the law for a bank to give out your information. Mostly likely you should be fine, but you may want to hear what the experts has to say.

Last edited by shoot2kill; 11-19-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 11-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hate hate hate buyers like this. IF everything is as you said, then walk away free.

feel free to pm me if you have any more concerns.
Old 11-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2kill View Post
it that a stealth paypal account or a paypal in ya name with your current address and ssn attached. If that is a stealth paypal account close the bank account and move on. Also is against the law for a bank to give out your information. Mostly likely you should be fine, but you may want to hear what the experts has to say.
It is a stealth Ebay account. The only real thing on it is the bank account, which I am closing now.
Old 11-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

What about the paypal account? If you use your real information then PayPal will get a bill collector on you!
Old 11-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

shoot: read the OP. This is what was said:
My question is, the paypal and ebay account is under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ credit card, and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone number. I withdrew the money from my bank account and closed the account as well. Is there any way ebay or paypal could track it back to me? Could they ever find out the real name under a bank account? I don't want to wind up getting in trouble but I mean I am NOT giving up $500.00 to paypal.
Old 11-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Right, the only thing that is real is the bank account. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ everything else. I just wanted to make sure because I don't want to wind up getting in trouble for screwing paypal but pardon me if I don't really care if they lose any money.
Old 11-19-2009

Longevity: 87%

You are perfectly fine Dont worry about it
Old 12-09-2009

Longevity: 83%

Very sorry that happened. Hope I'm not headed down the same road...
Old 12-10-2009

Longevity: 85%

So does paypal issue refunds to all buyer disputes? It just seems if a buyer files a dispute, and claims that the item was not as described they automatically get there money back.
Old 12-10-2009

Longevity: 85%

I recently had to file a NAS dispute with paypal - It was for a large lot and I only wanted a partial refund because some of the stuff was good to resell.

The seller never responded so I escaleted. On Paypals request I returned the stuff that wasn't as described (about 25% of the total lot) and low and behold I get an email from paypal a week later saying my partial refund had been granted.

I checked the card the refund went to today and Paypal has actually refunded the entire amount! so I still have 75% of the original lot (I have in fact sold it on) and essentially paid nothing for it apart from what I paid for the return postage.

I have heard nothing from the seller yet but if they do contact me I will return some of the funds to them as I do like to be fair. But I was pretty shocked.

CaptainJack
Old 12-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

I hate buyers like this. Then are even worse than the Nigerian con artists. I suppose in order I hate

1) The ebay con artist as described above
2) Nigerian Con artists
3) Stupid ebayers. EG. I pay £1.50 for postage and it only came to £1.35 what about my 15p

And of course we all have a love /hate relationship with ebay and paypal
Old 12-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

I seethe with anger whenever I read stuff like this...
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL