MC011: eBay Account Update -- Action Needed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-08-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default MC011: eBay Account Update -- Action Needed

We've noticed some activity on your account, and we need your help in verifying some information. We're sorry for this inconvenience, but while we're working things out with you, you'll have limited access to your eBay account.

Depending on the situation, some of your listings may have been removed. Also, you may not be able to create new listings for certain items while this is being resolved.

Please look for a follow-up email in eBay messages; it should be arriving soon. That email will contain information on what you need to do next to help us remove the restriction on your account,

We appreciate your help in getting this resolved as quickly as we can.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

I received this email tonight while I was sending invoices to my completed auctions. It's only been 2 hours but I am having trouble getting my head around this.

is this MC011 ALWAYS for the same "issue"?
as of now none of my auctions have ended. I am sure they will be ended by morning but I am hoping there is a chance they wont cancel them all.

BTW I seen a thread with an identical first email but I have not gotten the 2nd email and my main question is this ALWAYS for the digitally delivered goods policy?

any chance they wont cancel the auctions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Well it's been nearly 2 days and everything is still live but I can not revise listings or start new ones.

if this is for the digital delivery policy am I going to have to fax them my ID?

I am not sure if I had even faxed my ID to Ebay before.
If I did it would have been an actual ID and atleast 6 years ago but i think it was paypal i faxed my ID too.

If I was to fax the info now it would be a drivers license instead of an ID and a different address.
Old 11-12-2009
Threadstarter  

I still need help with this. it's been days and noting from ebay. I have even emailed them twice. all auctions are still up i just can not revise or list.
Old 11-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

What did you do in the hours before this happened?
Old 11-12-2009

Longevity: 90%

Me too,I got same message from ebay,but my listings were removed by them...
Anyone can help??
Old 11-12-2009
Threadstarter  

I listed a large number of auctions. that's about all
Old 11-19-2009
Threadstarter  

2 wees and still nothing from Ebay. I was invited to join the power sellers program and did successfully.
Old 01-23-2010

Longevity: 87%

Any follow up with this thread. I have a Canada ebay id with over 280 positive, and was invited to powerseller program. I have another five linked id ( I did this purposefully. They share same infomation and ip).

I received MC011 ebay account update all of a sudden for all six ids, and they are restricted to sell. I didn't get any follow up email from ebay. What is this about? I haven't sold any digital products. The only issue is my sales jumped a little bit in one ebay id that is quite new. I thougt ebay would treat them as old ones as they are all linked to a powerseller id and will not put a verification cage on me.

Anyway, will I have to wait for ever? Do I have to call? If it is just sending them ids and bank statement, that will be easy. But should I send them six times for six id, or just do it once for the major id first?

THANKS!
Old 01-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroline View Post
Any follow up with this thread. I have a Canada ebay id with over 280 positive, and was invited to powerseller program. I have another five linked id ( I did this purposefully. They share same infomation and ip).

I received MC011 ebay account update all of a sudden for all six ids, and they are restricted to sell. I didn't get any follow up email from ebay. What is this about? I haven't sold any digital products. The only issue is my sales jumped a little bit in one ebay id that is quite new. I thougt ebay would treat them as old ones as they are all linked to a powerseller id and will not put a verification cage on me.

Anyway, will I have to wait for ever? Do I have to call? If it is just sending them ids and bank statement, that will be easy. But should I send them six times for six id, or just do it once for the major id first?

THANKS!
Like you said the spike in sales trigger that. Each account has a selling limit per month. If you go over that cause a ref flag which a rep then trys to call and find out more information on your business, etc. Just call and fax them the crap they need and you done.
Old 01-23-2010

I have written to them on two main ids, and leave the others open. Not sure if they will respond as in previous threads others said that ebay never replies to such inquiry.

Another thing I belive is that it is ok to open new ebay accounts and link them to the old pp as my ohter ids are not suspended buy just limited from selling. Is this correct?
Old 01-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I have written to them on two main ids, and leave the others open. Not sure if they will respond as in previous threads others said that ebay never replies to such inquiry.

Another thing I belive is that it is ok to open new ebay accounts and link them to the old pp as my ohter ids are not suspended buy just limited from selling. Is this correct?
They told me I had to fax something in with a stealth account I had in my name. Which I did and receive an answer from them in 2 days.
Old 01-24-2010

Longevity: 88%

im in the same situation, is it ok to just open a new ebay and link it to the old paypal since the old ebay is only restricted from llisting, not suspended? if you dont want to go through the process of turning in docs.
Old 01-24-2010

Longevity: 85%

It really isn't a good idea to create a new ebay account and link it in with the old paypal - it will just make things worse!

Best to deal with the issue at hand first. Last time I had this I never had the follow-up email either and after contacting CS I had to re-do the phone verification before I could sell again.

CaptainJack
Old 01-24-2010

I have written to ebay. Hope they will respond and ask for documents. I don't want to call them, as I always get very nervous on the phone.
Old 01-24-2010

I emailed took them 48 hours message me back and then all it took was a quick automated phone call to the number I had on file and I was good to go. Not had any problems with the account since.

CaptainJack
Old 01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
I emailed took them 48 hours message me back and then all it took was a quick automated phone call to the number I had on file and I was good to go. Not had any problems with the account since.

CaptainJack
I thought they would ask for photo ID, bank statement, invoice. Why only a phone call verification in your case?
Old 01-24-2010

I guess it depends. If it's a listing spike they probably just want to verify the account hasn't been hacked.

I have never had to send documents to ebay. It's PP who request Docs.

CaptainJack
Old 01-27-2010

I called ebay yesterday. They said the MC011 is sent from some internal xxx department, whichi will not take calls. They just left them a message, telling them I am waiting anxiously for the reply.

more than 24 hours passed, and still no response. What is going on?
Old 02-17-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
I called ebay yesterday. They said the MC011 is sent from some internal xxx department, whichi will not take calls. They just left them a message, telling them I am waiting anxiously for the reply.

more than 24 hours passed, and still no response. What is going on?
I have the same issue here expect that I have to fax in my ID and credit statment. Please let me know how things go. =)
Old 02-18-2010
Threadstarter  

I can't get Ebay to even reply to me other then please refer to the email sent to you and follow the directions.
Old 02-18-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeff4321 View Post
I can't get Ebay to even reply to me other then please refer to the email sent to you and follow the directions.
From your first post, it has been more then 2 months, right?
Did you call them?
Old 02-19-2010
Threadstarter  

no I have not.