Be careful with your banned bidders list - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Be careful with your banned bidders list

Well I was on messenger with someone tonight that told me they were off an running on ebay with all new info, no issues, no problems until someone bid on his items that he has issues with in the past. He cancelled his bids and added the bidder and many others to his blocked bidder list and whamoooo
within about 4 hours he is a goner.

The dummy copied his previous blocked bidder list to his new ebay account.

Of course the buyer he cancelled out initiated it and ebay freaks got ahold of it and pushed the red button.

What are they going to do next?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I was thinking about started a website that will allow sellers to list all the bad buyers so they can add them to their block list.
Old 09-20-2007

Longevity: 99%

The problem with that is that there are also plenty of "on occasion" bad buyers who are just that if things aren't 100% to their likin or circumstances aren't right. I've had buyers give me no problems and then turn around and be horrible to someone else. Since we're dealing with people, you just never can tell.
Old 09-20-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
What are they going to do next?
What do you mean? eBay doesn't link you by your blocked bidders list. Otherwise you'd probably have a ton of accounts mistakenly banned when you have a couple of bad bidders in certain categories going after sellers in that category who've banned them.

What most likely happened is your friend created a new account and started selling the same crap. The bidder he blocked previously probably suspected this, bid on his auction and got banned. The blocked bidder then probably reported his suspicions to ebay who investigated, found your friend's old account and suspended him. It's pretty straight forward stuff.
Old 09-20-2007
Executive [VIP]

That's what I think happened. The #1 source outside of bots busting you on ebay is your enemies squealing on you and bringing you to ebay's attention.

I found out the hard way through trial and error. Good thing is that I sell so much different stuff that I can eliminate the stuff my enemies know me by, and have it not affect my inventory much. They can't find me, and I'm still selling without getting suspended.

It's funny, too, because most of them are stupid enough to admit it eventually. They are SO proud of themselves they have to brag. This one a$$ had me running for a couple of months. I had it down to 3 things and BOOM he emails that he's going to track me forever. So I eliminated the item related to his "ask seller a question email" It's been 4 nice unsuspended months, buddy. Thanks for the help!

(Except of course for the paypal linkage, that was the only hiccup I've had)
Old 09-20-2007
Threadstarter  

I asked him and he said he was not selling the same thing at all.
The only thing he did was copy and paste the blocked bidder list.
Nothing else matched what so ever.

Tcho- Do you mean ebay even watches the item you are selling? Or does a former buyer have to rat on you?

Chris, what a heck of an idea !!
A master list so that people can add crappy buyers on a list that sellers can look at. The only thing you will have to dig into is the protection from lawsuits and of course ebay will send their lawyers after you for using what they think is their users.
Old 09-20-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

It will be easy to work around that.. Ebay doesnt owns user names..
Old 09-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Try telling them that. They think they own the world, kinda like wal mart does.

Great idea !
Old 09-22-2007

Longevity: 98%

I had a buyer who went around buying lots of stuff and then saying he won't pay. He got suspended from unpaid disputes from others.

Then he came back on the same name and I think address and did it again and I emailed ebay a couple times over several days and they've done nothing.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2007

Longevity: 99%

Like I said, it won't work. All you'll succeed in doing is eliminating a few bad buyers and other good buyers that just slipped up a couple times. Plus you always have those that are committed to ruining feedback by saying "so and so didn't deliver" or "so and so didn't pay" when they really did.