what happen if buyer police report - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default what happen if buyer police report

Hi everyone

I was wondering what happen if the buyer do a police report for fraud sales activates on ebay item or do a microsoft report regarding to faud microsoft product

Any one had experiences with this
Please give advise
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What has happened that you ask this?
Old 11-19-2009
Threadstarter  

I bought the microsoft office 2007 from an oversea supplier,they told me it's genuine
but after i sold 1 on ebay and received payment into my bank account,then the buyer claim to me that he can activate it but can't register with microsoft and ask me for a full refund
I asked him to post the item back,then i'll give him the full refund
and i also make a claim with my supplier,and ofcourse never get response from them any more

After 1 week discuss with the buyer,i don't want to have any problem which could effect to my ebay acc so i accept to refund him the payment and deposit into his acc
Then today i receive his email telling me that: he already did a report with police regarding to internet fraud and they are going through,he also did a report with microsoft and tell me microsoft will contact me and may take action against me.

Im really afraid what gonna happen to me if the police and microsoft get involved even i had refund his money back,about the oversea supplier i can't even contact them regarding this issue

Im not sure how much australia police will get involved for an item cost under $200?
and does microsoft take action against me?

Any one had experiences with it, please advise me what to do?
thanks so much

I
Old 11-19-2009

Longevity: 85%

Neither the police nor mircosoft will be interested in taking any sort of action against you over a single sale.

The buyer is just blowing hot air. Sounds like you handled things correctly.

In the unlikely event you are contacted all you will need do is explain the situation and hand over the suppliers details.

CaptainJack
Old 11-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Thankyou for your kindly advise
The detail im using to registered with eBay is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ detail but the bank detail which i gave buyer to deposit in is real
does the microsoft can find out where im living according to that information and take legal action against me
The buyer threat me that,can get a charge up to $65000

However,if i get contacted from them,the best way is to provide my supplier details? is that right?
Old 11-19-2009

They have to get a court order to get your bank info, in the mean I'm sure they will have more fun examining your fingerprints on the package lol
Old 11-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Do you think the OP will understand that?
Old 11-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

Neither the police nor microsoft is going to waste time investigating an ebay sale gone wrong, there's way more important things going on in the world, lol.
Old 11-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
^^^Do you think the OP will understand that?
Sorry what does it means OP? i don't get that
Old 11-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Neither the police nor microsoft is going to waste time investigating an ebay sale gone wrong, there's way more important things going on in the world, lol.
Yeahh but who know they may do something
However,i hope that they don't take any action against me
Im actually also a victim of fraud product,but my supplier had ran away,im sure that they can't catch them, yeahh they may turn to me and treat me as guilty person,it just meant that they want a person who could responsible
Old 11-20-2009

I think OP means original poster which would be you, and I think he was refering to me when he wrote that. I was trying to be sarcastic, it's kind of hard to do that with a keyboard lol.
Now back to the topic, unless you're doing serious volume you could sell one of those hack boxes right in front of Mr. Big ol Bob the police officer while he's sucking on a big fat dohnut(did i spell that right?).

And if you are into volume then don't forget your gloves lol

oh and almost forgot don't forget about the bank account, even more so lol

oh and one more thing, oops for some reason I can't rememer, oh well maybe next time I'll think of it.
Old 11-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
I think OP means original poster which would be you, and I think he was refering to me when he wrote that. I was trying to be sarcastic, it's kind of hard to do that with a keyboard lol.
Now back to the topic, unless you're doing serious volume you could sell one of those hack boxes right in front of Mr. Big ol Bob the police officer while he's sucking on a big fat dohnut(did i spell that right?).

And if you are into volume then don't forget your gloves lol

oh and almost forgot don't forget about the bank account, even more so lol

oh and one more thing, oops for some reason I can't rememer, oh well maybe next time I'll think of it.
what the other thing you cant remember?
nope, that is the first one i sold,but the only im worried about i don't have any details of the supplier,only have the name of the website he listed the item.
I read some document from microsoft,some people get caught by microsoft and they have to pay the damage infringement,it's horrible man
I wish i'll not be one,hope that they understand im also a victim
Old 11-20-2009

Microsoft was cracking down on people selling there stuff on ioffer but I don't think they're doing much on ebay right now, most of the microsoft software on ebay is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I sold a copy of windows xp and the guy told me to give him the last 5 numbers of the key to verify because he said the last 5 copies he bought on ebay were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. So then I traced the sellers he bought from through his feedback and they were selling tons of microsoft. So would not be concerned about 1 copy.
Old 11-20-2009

Longevity: 83%

Same thing happened to me through dhgate. I contacted Microsoft and I contacted the police myself to cover my ass. I have all the details from the sale on dhgate as I paid supplier though paypal and dhgate escrow. One day paypal is going to have to answer to all the sales through the likes of dhgate and alibaba. Anyway your issue and your stress is wasted. Worst case senario is that you are charged with piracy. The amount is $200 so you go to local magistrates court for a fine or good bahvaior bond. This will never happen and is the absolute worst that would happen if it did. I sold 50 products before I had any ideas they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Nothing ever happened dont stress
Old 11-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
Microsoft was cracking down on people selling there stuff on ioffer but I don't think they're doing much on ebay right now, most of the microsoft software on ebay is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I sold a copy of windows xp and the guy told me to give him the last 5 numbers of the key to verify because he said the last 5 copies he bought on ebay were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. So then I traced the sellers he bought from through his feedback and they were selling tons of microsoft. So would not be concerned about 1 copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazbids View Post
Same thing happened to me through dhgate. I contacted Microsoft and I contacted the police myself to cover my ass. I have all the details from the sale on dhgate as I paid supplier though paypal and dhgate escrow. One day paypal is going to have to answer to all the sales through the likes of dhgate and alibaba. Anyway your issue and your stress is wasted. Worst case senario is that you are charged with piracy. The amount is $200 so you go to local magistrates court for a fine or good bahvaior bond. This will never happen and is the absolute worst that would happen if it did. I sold 50 products before I had any ideas they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Nothing ever happened dont stress
Thanks very much you guys, really appreciate for your advise
The only thing im worry about the fine, in the worst case scenario
because i read in the microsoft report, so many ebay user got caught by microsoft investigator or through a buyer report around australia and america
But if the seller in china,nothing they can as you all know china is communist country

Firstly: microsoft will send a letter to the seller and force them to admit they sold non-genuine product
Secondly: the seller contacted microsoft and admit they selling non-genuine,microsoft will book an appointment with them
If the seller agree to pay the fine: i saw usually over $1000-$6000
if the seller don't agree,then going to magistrates court, THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM,the judgement always do on favor of microsoft and the lowest fine i seen in 10 case, guess $29000 ,the highest is $150000

Although i sold only 1,it scared and make me so stressed

I think you guys better very carefully if you are selling non-genui on eBay
Some of buyer is spy from microsoft trying to **** you up

Last edited by meanhh; 11-21-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 11-21-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

if you used a stealth account why do you care lol?
Old 11-21-2009

But if you used a stealth account and forgot to wear gloves when packaging then you might care a little lol. Also when using a stealth account, how do you read all those letters from microsoft when the're being sent to a fictitious adress lol. I think we're talking about 2 different topics here. 1 is people that sell vero using thier real info and 2 is people selling vero using stealth info along with a nice pair of gloves lol. I can just imagine somebody thinking they got everything covered: new name, adress etc. and then their fingerprints are all over the package lol. That's how alot of stores like Target catch shoplifters who sell their stuff on ebay.
Old 11-21-2009

Longevity: 83%

Ok this is close to stupidity. Microsoft can't fine you LOL they might try but don't sign anything. Second magistrates do not hand out fines of 29,000 let alone 150,000. This is petty very petty mate maybe 400 bux and it will never happen. 400 bux you go and hand yourself into the police station at 10pm and they let you out at 12.30 pm that is 2 days prison and your fine is wiped.
Old 11-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

fingerprints? ok know you are tripping
Old 11-21-2009

I'm always tripping...
Closed Thread