After 3 days I got this message ( verify id ) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default After 3 days I got this message ( verify id )

I was wondering if anyone knows how I get by this before I open another ebay?

Attention!

Thank you for selling on eBay. In order to maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can speak with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact an eBay representative within the next 48 hours by following these steps:

Step 1: Go to Contact Us here:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...s%20account%3F

Step 2: Please sign in

Step 3: Click on “Call Us” – You will be given a phone number and a 6 digit PIN number. Please call the number and enter the PIN when prompted to do so. You may also be asked to verify the phone number registered on the account.

Step 4: You will then be transferred to a live agent who will take you through the verification process.

Our offices are open: Monday - Friday 5am to 10pm PST & Saturday - Sunday 6am to 6pm PST

We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Did you follow all the stealth steps? looks like theyve linked you straight away
Old 11-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ebay is doing this a lot with new sellers. Have you a working phone number? Can you do what ebay asks you? If you can not do this, then the account is not really made correctly.

What exactly did you do? from the top, give me the steps you did to make the account...then we can check and help you
Old 11-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Well
I first started out by getting a new isp ( dial up usb modem ) so I can start fresh with the ip.

I deleted all browser cookies on all accounts . deleted flash on adobe and a cleaner.

I opened a new never used user account

Then I started a new ebay and paypal.

**** adress ( maybe thats the prob )

Got to be a seller by buying a vcc on this site ( awsome )

I then bought about 10- 15 ebooks so I can list 24 hours.

Then I listed 16 items in 1 day ( not so stealth )

Sold all then listed 2 more for the next day then ebay sent message.

Obviously I cant give them what they want.

On that day I did unplug the phone cable and walked over to my other internet connection cable modem with different provider. ( think somehow maybe that way with ip )

I never went into past accounts.

Also If my ip changes the last three numbers every time am I good or does it all have to change?
Old 11-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Yes I had a forwarding service for the phone. Do they call first then send that message when you dont awnswer?
Old 11-28-2009

Longevity: 84%

I think they have a selling limit of 10 per day for new users also buying 10 -15 ebooks in 1 or 2 days doesn't look good either. I usualy take about 2 weeks to buy 10 eboks and then I start out selling 1 item unil I get feedback and work my way up to about 5 a day. You gotta start out small, wait for that feedback and work your way up little by little.
Old 11-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Wow! I was going to begin listing tonight for the first Stealth time. I sell Sports Memorabilia and should probably keep it under 8 items or less.

GreenBean and Lakeman have given me great advise lately on selling in certain quantities. Thank you for your post and I'll definately take it slow.

I'm really in no position to give advise on your situation, but I am very sorry to hear your story and will have to say again...and again...and again that Ebay & Paypal are becoming even more discouraging to even want to do business with.

Even if your honest and having fun at what you are doing...THEY SUSPEND YOU!
Old 11-28-2009

Longevity: 95%

I had account going for maybe 2 weeks then i listed like 20 items one day and i got hit with this crap to! I started off saleing 3 items then 5 items then 10 items then 20 items all 3 day listing and then 20 got removed and they want to speak to me.
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

It seems you have to start of slow. Im just haveing a problem with the vcc. I like to sell 24 hour listing . How many feedback do you need to do that?
Old 11-29-2009

You need 10, that's all I ever list is 1 day auctions and 1 buy it now and never list more then about 5 a day until I get about 100 feedback. You can still list 100 a day with 10 to 20 accounts, patient people win and greedy people almost always lose.
Old 11-29-2009

Just went through the same exact thing on a new account that is legit. It was created for a friend of mine who wanted to sell a non-vero low risk item for extra cash for bills.

The account was 2 days old 1 item was posted and got mc010 little after 24hrs of auction being up....

made phone call to ebay for the friend ebay rep said its to prevent identity theft. They then said they were going to pull information from a database and ask some questions...

Well they asked a multiple choice question asking what address have you lived at in the past....then they names 5 addresses and said pick....I knew what address it was so no other further questions were asked. The restriction was lifted on the 1 auction listed....the auction never got completely taken down they just pulled it from the search engine but the watchers and anyone knowing the item number could search it and bid on it.

Here is the kicker...my friend just moved to another state 2 months ago. eBay somehow by just the name and this new address was able to find the previous address. I altered the birthday when creating the account just enough to make it look like maybe a simple typo and they still found the person's information. The phone number to the account was a 3 day old landline too just turned on at their home in their name.

All the account info was created on dial-up...with new windows user.

They are cracking down girls and boys....

I don't sell on amazon for the moment but it's starting to sound like ebay is getting more and more like them.....

I think this is a real indicator of how much money ebay and paypal are loosing to scammers to where they have to tighten the vise this much....it's not that they are restricting cause they are jerks they are restricting cause they are trying to stay ahead of the scammers.
The Following User Says Thank You to ONE For This Useful Post:
waterproof (11-29-2009)
Old 11-29-2009

Longevity: 88%

I had an account taken down recently. I didn't bother calling because someone on here had mentioned the questions asked. It was completely stealth - so there was no way I could answer the questions correctly. There were some other reasons that I let it go. Sometimes working stealth accounts can be exhausting and I need a break from it.
Old 12-01-2009

Longevity: 95%

It really depeneds on what your saleing and how u list it! I got one account made saleing VeRO consdiered items and its lasted so far so good and i made a 2nd one and listed same items started off slow then it was going good till i got greedy and listed 20 items and i got hit with the verfaction BS. If you have to make 20 ids and sell 20 items 1 on each id get some feedback and you will be alright cause ebays not going to verfiy every newer user on ebay. Theres certin things that sets off the flags.

and to ONE theres no way they could get that personal info just by your firends name unless he had a one of the kind name. It had to be the name and address or phone # and name matching to get such info or they some how got your freinds social.
Old 12-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

People, this isn't that difficult. This is something they do now for ALL NEW ACCOUNTS (an eBay rep told me on the phone that there is a certain amount of sales you hit and you automatically have to go through this verification). I have successfully bypassed this suspension almost every time. 20% of the time they will just clear you over the phone. Otherwise, they ask for a drivers license and a utility bill. Why is this a big issue? We all know how to do for Paypal so why can't we do it for eBay without acting so lost?

If anyone needs help making creating utility bills or IDs that will pass eBay verification just send me a PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alphaversa For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (03-07-2011)
Old 12-16-2009

Longevity: 98%

Did you use imaginary name or name from w pages? The person form ebay on phone told me they use some kind of government database..He sad he could not find the name i told him so he sent me info to fax I didn't want to bother to send that info.. What do they see? DO they mach date of birth or just name and address? or maybe just name ?
Old 12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid5000 View Post
Did you use imaginary name or name from w pages? The person form ebay on phone told me they use some kind of government database..He sad he could not find the name i told him so he sent me info to fax I didn't want to bother to send that info.. What do they see? DO they mach date of birth or just name and address? or maybe just name ?
name and address.

This won't even link you if you have been suspended before its just to verify who is who and where are you.....its a scammer filter imo.
Old 12-16-2009

Longevity: 98%

20% of the time they will just clear you over the phone? so 80% you will have to spend time in Photoshop again? What IDs do they like?
Old 12-18-2009

I think this suspension is nothing to do with linkning accounts. They usually don't ask that kind of things or even give you a choise of appeal if they link you. You'r just gone then...
Old 12-20-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchef2777 View Post
Well
I first started out by getting a new isp ( dial up usb modem ) so I can start fresh with the ip.

I deleted all browser cookies on all accounts . deleted flash on adobe and a cleaner.

I opened a new never used user account

Then I started a new ebay and paypal.

**** adress ( maybe thats the prob )

Got to be a seller by buying a vcc on this site ( awsome )

I then bought about 10- 15 ebooks so I can list 24 hours.

Then I listed 16 items in 1 day ( not so stealth )

Sold all then listed 2 more for the next day then ebay sent message.

Obviously I cant give them what they want.

On that day I did unplug the phone cable and walked over to my other internet connection cable modem with different provider. ( think somehow maybe that way with ip )

I never went into past accounts.

Also If my ip changes the last three numbers every time am I good or does it all have to change?
HI
You should call them
They will ask you some private information
Everything will be allright
Old 12-23-2009
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

"I then bought about 10- 15 ebooks so I can list 24 hours.".........

wow..... yeah, don't do that!