Most Epic story ever of getting my money back from Paypal claim!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Most Epic story ever of getting my money back from Paypal claim!!

I'm going to simplify the details to get to the main story -

Guy in Canada buys item from me via Paypal, I ship via USPS Priority Intl, he says he didn't get it, I ship another via USPS Priority, says he still didn't get it and files a PP claim, I send a 3rd package via Fedex Ground Intl so I can track it, it gets delivered after the Paypal claim is closed and PP gives his money back, I appeal the claim with the Fedex tracking showing it delivered, PP takes my account off hold and out of the negative but does not give all the money back, PP tells me they "requested" the buyer to give my money back, I contact the buyer and he denies ever receiving any of the 3 packages and refuses to give my money back. So at this point I know he is lying about everything and most likely got all 3 packages I sent.

Ok, now the EPIC part...

So earlier this week I decide to Google the guy. I find out he has ripped off other people this way, he is married, what his wife's name is, he attends a Baptist Church, and most importantly HE IS CHEATING ON HIS WIFE!!

Some gossip obsessed women in his town started a Facebook group about married men cheating in that town and sets up stings and crap. Really all I found was that this woman had his email address in a list of email addresses of men who replied to an add for "married woman looking for married man to fool around with".

I tried emailing this woman and contacting through Facebook and pretend to be his wife and ask for info she had gotten from his email address, but got no replies, so I decided to just run with what I had.

I emailed him and told him I had detailed emails of him hooking up and fooling around with women in his town. I named his wife and reverend by name, gave him a deadline, and told him I would tell both of them everything I know unless he sends me my money back.

He tries to play stupid at first and call my bluff, and tells me I'm a computer hacker (which only confirms what I know about him), but I stick to my guns and stick to my deadline. Then he tries to tell me he just told his wife about the whole thing, I still stick to my guns. Then he says he has talked to my local law enforcement as well as the Federal branches of both our governments and tries to scare. Fortunately, I'm not a complete moron and know he's full of crap and still stick to my guns.

Finally today, just 4 hours from the deadline I gave him, he gives in and sends me my money back!

I'm still laughing over the whole thing!! Now he wants to know "how I got the smack on him", lol, thinks I'm a computer hacker or some crap, lol.

Last edited by Caseywan; 11-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2009

Longevity: 90%

Great story, glad it all worked out. I never send an item 3 times. I send it once, and iIf a buyer says he never got it, I show the receipt saying it was shipped and see if he opens a paypal dispute or admits to receiving it. Just wait it out. I have stopped selling to Canada. If I do its for $10 items.
Old 11-28-2009

Longevity: 84%

this is great......

Should still call his wife regardless....just say hello from

On a serious note I would contact her if at all possible... some woman is being hurt....hell she may thank you....if she doesn't then I bet he never messes with anyone online again after he changes that email....

Glad you got your money back.

Shoot.... post his email on here so when she does google it she will find this post!
Old 11-28-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Very nice!

It goes to show you... be careful what you put on the internet... you never know when it can come back and bite you in the ass.

Last edited by aspkin; 11-28-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

You did what you had to do so good for you! That is a great idea by ONE. If you could post his e-mail on here and she were to Google it...oh boy! Cool story to say the least!
Old 11-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Very nice!

It goes to show you... be careful what you put on the internet... you never know when it can come back and bite you in the ass.
Yeah, I google myself and my email frequently to see whats out there, cause I do a lot of business with my real info and I'm sure potential customers and stuff google me to see if theres dirt on me anywhere.
Old 11-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Well done,Caseywan. One for the good guys. I am pleased you were successful

Karma will find that man. No extra steps needed