Newbie in a pickle =o( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-07-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Newbie in a pickle =o(

Hello everyone,

I really am at my wits end. Set up ebay and paypal and everything been ok, even though ive got the reandom payment holds etc.. Today i go and log on and theres this messgae on ebay..

Your item(s) have been ended due to concerns we have for the safety of the eBay community. Any fees associated with these listings have been credited to your account.

As a precautionary measure, we have also restricted selling activity on your account. We will send you a separate email containing further details of the action taken against your account and instructions on how to have your selling limit increased.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Now i log into Paypal and see what they require which is tracking numbers (no problem) ID which i only have a birth certificate but believe thats suitable, utility bill (no problem) AND THEN.......

They want reciepts of my goods and or invoices!. The only problem is, i dropship goods so i don't have them physically and i am new to ebay and Paypal. I don't have invoices, proof of goods or any massive relationship with the dropshipper i use. What can i do??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2009
Threadstarter  

I should also mention there is nearly £600 in there. I ordered a courier to come collect the goods i have here that i was selling, for today, although i dont think i should send them off now as paypal can be really bad so ive heard.
Old 12-07-2009

Longevity: 85%

Hi ya, it is frustrating I know....

Things with PayPal are quite a bit worse than usual due to the time of year - I have had numerous problems in the last couple of weeks.

Your problem is the volume of sales on a new account. Now you have two options:

1. Refund all your buyers, cancel the home delivery collection...

2. Honour the sales and provide PayPal with what they require...

It sounds like this is not a stealth account but one registered with your real details. In this case I would go with option 2... if your dropshipper is any good they will provide you with the invoices you require.

Have you placed your current Ebay orders with the dropshipper? If not (and you can't afford to with the PayPal hold on your funds) you could refund these and just ship the physical stock you have.

As long as you can provide what PayPal ask for it will be worth it in the long run to preserve your account.

The problem with refunding your current orders is you leave yourself open to negative feedback.

CaptainJack
Old 12-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes it is a normal account under proper details it is not a stealth account. I did have a problem with Paypal years ago where they did this and i lost a bit of money. They also closed my account, i'm worried that there will be a repeat and i am going to loose my orders. I have refunded the orders from the dropshipper stating that i am having problems with Paypal, the physical items that i have you advise sending them out and supplying Paypal with tracking numbers? I don't want negative feedback to be honest.

I will also just for added security if this happens again contact my supplier and ask for receipts invoices etc.
Old 12-07-2009

Hiya, it is a risk but you should get your money one way or another... if they decide to close your account it will be after 180 days.

If you can afford to take the risk I personally would ship the items and get all the ID verfication over and done with then you will be more or less free to get on with making money. However this is just my opinion.

When you say you had a previous paypal account closed is it possible your current account has been linked with your old one? This would put a different spin on things. What were the circumstances of the account closure and does your current Paypal account share any details with your closed one?

CaptainJack
Old 12-07-2009
Threadstarter  

June 11:30:09
HI, need any help?

I 11:30:25
Hi June, yes i do

June 11:30:41
ok

I 11:32:09
I have decided i want to dropship with your company so i listed some of your items on ebay, i have been advised to contact you to get an invoice to prove to paypal that these items are available for order, can you do this so that i can go ahead and forward to ebay? I need an invoice or a receipt to show that im purchasing 40 units from you.

June 11:34:03
we could provide the invoice u wanna.but could u tell me what kind of invoice u need?could u show me a formate?

I 11:35:18
This is the situation http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...-pickle-o.html i posted it in here for some advice. Just an invoice from your company or some kinda proof that i can purchase the goods from you..

June 11:37:35
how about the commercial invoice?

June 11:37:39
i will show its formate to u.

June 11:37:51
would u like to offer me ur email address?

I 11:38:14
Thank you - I'm sure that will be fine. Yes of course its

This is the conversation i am having with my supplier.

My other account was closed ages ago due to selling high risk items. I got real arsey with Paypal and Ebay and didnt provide the information they needed which resulted in account closure. My account will no way have been linked because since then i have moved house, have a new IP, new bank details etc.

Also can you confirm that a birth certificate will be sufficient ID?
Old 12-07-2009

I'm not sure about birth cert... Paypal usually request photo ID of some form! You will need to contact them directly to find out what alternatives they will accept.

In the cricumstances you may wish to consider going full stealth - If it were me I would be concerned about being linked on name and DOB!

CaptainJack