When is a Paypal deposit truly safe? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-21-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default When is a Paypal deposit truly safe?

At what point in the process between transferring from Paypal, Google, Bidpay or any other number of payment processors is the money truly no longer in that processor's hands and cannot be held up by that payment processor? Typically, I will see "completed" next to a paypal to bank deposit a day or two before it actually hits the bank. Does that mean as soon as it shows "completed" they can't freeze the money--it's yours? Or is it never really safe until it actually shows up IN your bank account?

Of course, it's debatable whether it's ever truly safe as there's always chargebacks. But this question is just for the deposit. Is there anyone here who has worked for one of these companies and/or is experienced in this kind of thing?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I found nothing.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2007

Longevity: 96%

i called paypal and asked about chargebacks and other things.

When someone files a chargeback they can go through paypal or through their own bank, if they go through their own bank paypal cant do a thing about it and they take it out of your account. Even if the money is no longer there they will charge you that amount. They will try to dispute it with proof, but in the end it depends on the buyer own bank. Which is really scary because ive searched the ebay help forums and people get scammed like this all the time and they cant do a thing about it. So im considering making a payment rule for myself that states anything over 1k must be paid via bank-bank
Old 09-21-2007
Threadstarter  

It's a mix of one part curiosity, two parts wanting to avoid a limitation for no good reason. And a sprinkle of "where the heck does the money go when it's in limbo? Who has it?"

Know thine enemy. Paypal aren't the anti-christ, but they're no saints either.
Old 09-21-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Jack, if PP is going to reverse an outgoing withdrawal, it usually does it that same day.

BUT in certain cases - and they make their justifications very loosely - they can reverse a deposit into your bank account weeks later.

Jack if your business is legitimate and you ship your goods to PP or Googlecheckout confirmed addresses, you do not have much to worry about. After all this I am not certain whether you are just plain curious or trying to figure out how to defraud PayPal!
I was thinking the same thing ever since Jack joined this forum..Suspect
Old 09-21-2007
Threadstarter  

LOL

Pot meet kettle doesn't even begin to cover the irony here.
Old 09-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Yeah, not like putting one past Ebay.
Old 09-21-2007

Jack, if you're so worried about pp withdrawing from your bank for chargebacks, just open another account.

withdraw from pp into bank A

Transfer money from bank A to bank B

if there is no money in bank A, they can't take it back..
Old 09-22-2007
Threadstarter  

aaa1 -- It's not that part that concerns me as like you said you just switch banks. It's the point from point A (paypal) to point B (bank) and the travel therein you don't have control over.

Modee - Who me? Never! Wait. Look. What's that over there? No that. Doesn't that look like...No? oh silly me. No that's nothing. Well I must be going now. La La La La La...

:D
Old 09-22-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I understand that Chris sells or has sold some counterfeits but the questions he asks don't seem to be directed at how to put one past PayPal, or Googlecheckout, etc.
Anyone cam scam Paypal if your the buyer. Just buy a laptop and do a chargeback then resell the laptop.. I would never do that that though
Old 09-22-2007
Banned

Thats BS. it shouldnt be our fault becuause the card holder couldn't safeguard their info.

And who knows, cardholder buys a expensive item and have it shipped different state to their family, they do a charge back claiming they didn't purchase it and wins.

I had a customer do a chargeback and say he didnt order it. Boy did I have him. He had the item ship to his job which was a bank and even signed for it. When I got the chargeback I called the bank and asked to speak to him. He answered, so I knew he did indeed work there.lol I foward all the info to my bank and I got my money back asap..

What a fool he was..