Question about sending funds from one Paypal account to another?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Question about sending funds from one Paypal account to another??

Hey Guys,

So far...so good 'stealthing'.

Anyway, I have a quick question that I need to ask regarding two paypal accounts.

Under a different IP and user account I have changed the business name and primary e-mail address, which I did have to confirm CC and bank account number. This is also my linked/suspended paypal account from 8 months ago. This is also a legitimate account with NO stealthing.

Can I send about $200 from that account to my new stealth paypal account, which is also under a different user account and will be under a different IP?

Or can I go into my paypal stealth account and 'request funds' that way?

If I would be in ANY danger of linkage, I thought a safe route would be to just transfer funds from that 'linked' paypal to its bank account. Go withdraw the money and drive 3 miles down the road and deposit that money in my new bank which is my confirmed stealth paypal bank account and then transfer into my stealth account.

If I can transfer to the new account I would rather because its much faster, but if chances are to be taken then I, of course, would rather drive and do everything myself and take a bit longer.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

waterproof
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2009

Longevity: 85%

Some do it and report no problems on the forums. Personally I have always resisted the urge.

Whilst it is unlikely one transfer would create any sort of link I prefer my accounts don't commnicate between themselves in any way. I would do it through the bank.

CaptainJack
The Following User Says Thank You to captainjack1980 For This Useful Post:
waterproof (12-12-2009)
Old 12-12-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you CaptainJack for your reply! Useful opinion! And between this and PM's it seems more common sence to just go to the bank, however I do appreciate and welcome any and all feedback recieved because I have until next Friday(Dec.18th, 09) to make my decision of what to do.

Thank you!!!
Old 12-12-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Because I had a very useful and helpful PM, I wanted to try to simplify my question in hopes of more feedback. Sometimes I tend to drag my questions on...and on..without a point until the end. So I hope this helps.

Thanks everyone!

Under my new Stealth accounts I have one new Paypal and one new Ebay and one G-mail.
As far as my old accounts go...there is no Ebay at all...only my one Paypal. It is as honest and legitimate of an account as they come. Period. I could transfer 1 million to that account and if it became limited, then it could be taken care of in no time.
So with this old(suspended) account, I changed the Business name & I changed the e-mail address, but in order to do that I had to confirm(which ended up being that I had to enter a new credit card to keep a card updated) and had to confirm my checking account(the entire account number).

So having said that, altering a few things on my old Paypal account was very easy.

What I need to know now is can I either send funds from my old(suspended) Paypal to my new Stealth...?? OR... can I request funds from my new Stealth Paypal to my old Paypal, given information is new?

Waterproof!
Old 12-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Sighs. On paper this looks reasonable. A transfer of funds from paypal A to paypal B. But it is actually something other than that.

One paypal is new. It has no great amount of monies put thro' it. The nasty 'limit message' may be there, waiting waiting.

The other paypal is older. It is a fine upstanding account which had info changed. Has there been a reaction from paypal about this? An unknown factor at this point.
So we come to the proposed scenario: transfer of funds. If this is the time the alarms go because of a seemingly ordinary transaction, this is the time for troubles. Risk of x2 paypal accounts under limitation not nice
Old paypal account left alone nice because it stays safe.
Bank transfer & short drive nice: only one paypal account used.
You need to keep in the back of your mind the chance of linking
Not for me if it was my accounts
waterproof (12-13-2009)
Old 12-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

You could buy something from yourself via ebay for $100, leave it a few days then do it again if there are no issues. Leave the money in the new paypal account for at least 3 days, if there are no limitations by then you are likely OK. That's what I would do.
A $200 transfer to a new a/c directly is quite risky.
Old 12-13-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks boondoggle, but I only have 1 Ebay(stealth) with my 2(paypals= 1 stealth & 1 legitimate) accounts. So I could not buy from myself.

If perhaps I had the 2 Ebay accounts, then I could see your point, and I thank you for that.

So with your your reply and the other replies that I have had with PM's...it seems too risky to transfer.

With everyones advise I believe I will take the longer road and transfer funds manually myself from bank to bank.

So having said that...and especially if you are new to the FORUM and run across this similar question, then the best advise would be to take care of business yourself instead of taking the "easier" OR "faster" way out, NO MATTER how bad you need your money to buy or what.

Thanks again Forum!

waterproof
Old 12-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

The best way to get established on both ebay and Paypal is to buy a couple of bits of junk and then sell about 120 bits of crap.

I have just made a nice new gleaming account by selling all household junk that is frankly not worth the effort. In some cases it costs to sell these items and send.

BUT if you spend £50-£80 and get a nice ebay account with 110 positive feedback then you can start doing the proper selling.

I have never tried the idea of sending money between my own paypal account for 2 reasons. The first is the fact that you then link these two accounts, the second is that you pay paypal for sending this money. Out of principle I would never do this.