PLEASE Help With BUYER TRYING TO SCAM/STEAL $4600 FROM ME NEED SOME SOLID ADVICE!!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Angry PLEASE Help With BUYER TRYING TO SCAM/STEAL $4600 FROM ME NEED SOME SOLID ADVICE!!!!!

I have a customer I made a sale to in the UK. He received his product left me positive feedback and wanted to buy more out of Ebay. So I sent him an invoice and he paid it.
3 Days ago when I was reading my email I saw that this guy followed 2 disputes.
Both order international orders I am US of course he is in UK. 1 was an Ebay Fixed Price Auction the other was a Sale Outside Of Ebay.

ORDER (1) EBAY BUY IT NOW AUCTION SHIPPED TO UK
(1) On the product he bought 1st time in an Ebay Auction he is claiming in his dispute almost 1 month later that it is significantly different then description. Even though he left me positive feedback and based on this order made the 2nd order outside of Ebay.
-The buy it now was about $850.00
-He placed and received the order almost 1 month ago.
- He left me positive feedback

ORDER 2 HIS PAYPAL Dispute Status Larger Order $4000
HIS PAYPAL Dispute Status
The buyer reported that they didn't received their merchandise

Order (2) was outside of Ebay and substantially larger almost $4000.00.
This order was placed by me about 7 days ago he know that delivery would be around 10-14 days. I sent Paypal the tracking and purchase information so they can see when I ordered and and see it was shipped and track it.

-Do I have any chance at winning these disputes?
-Should I send PayPal anything else?
-Does it make any difference that the 2nd order the larger one was outside of an Ebay auction?
-Both order are out of the country does that help me in any way?
-I know he is trying to rip me off I sold him software I am sure all he is doing is taking the COA numbers and now that he has those files the disputes.

The total amount of the claims is close to $4600.….I could really us some good advice. This is my 1st claim with the software I have been selling, I have 100% feedback and both my Ebay and Paypal accouts are 3 years old……

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

ASPIKIN I WISH YOU WOULD DO A HOW TO WIN A PAYPAL DISPUTE GUIDE!! YOUR stealth guide IS GREAT!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

You have a few options. If you used tracking+signature confirmation which you should have for that amount. Its an open and shut case once received and signed for. You win.

If you didnt. Odds are still in your favor for a merch not received. Be thankful he did that instead of not as described.
Old 12-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Burst what about the 1st one he received it left me positive feedback then claimed 3 weeks later in his dispute item not as described?
Old 12-12-2009

Per Ebay,"For "item not as described" claims, sellers may be protected from losing a claim if they provide clear documentation that the item was described properly. For example, claims may be resolved in the seller's favor when the seller provides documentation that:
the buyer complains that the item is used, not new, and the listing clearly describes the item as used, or
a defect in the item was correctly described by the seller, or
the item was properly described, but the buyer didn't want it after they received it, or
the item was properly described but did not meet buyers' expectations, or
the item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition."

He has 45 days to file this. He left good feedback already. I think you're okay by what he said in it. It's software. How can it not be as described? You said what it was. He could claim counterfeit. Then you prove it's not. Be prepared.

For order #2. If he signs for it, it's a done deal. You win.
You provide the invoice and signature confirmation.

Per Ebay,"What if the item is still in transit when the buyer claims the item was not received?
If tracking shows that the item was sent within the seller's handling time window, but has not yet arrived, we may ask the buyer to wait. We also may extend the amount of time buyers should wait depending on circumstances-for example, if the item was sent using a slower shipping service, or was sent internationally."

If he refuses to sign, that's a different story. You have to refund without a signature. I would guess if he were doing this to keep and dispute. You will win. Prove it's real though. Software Supplier might not be so bad to provide and invoices for a large dollar amount like that.

Old 12-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Justin Case,
The my UK customer is telling me is going to refuse the package, Isnt the fact that he refuses continue at minimum proof of the package?

Are the laws/rules any different for OUT OF EBAY and INTERNATIONAL transactions?
I thought they handled International and Out of Ebay transactions different?

Thanks for the Info its a good start
Old 12-13-2009

Yes, it is proof of the package. Seeing he filed a dispute for not received so soon, they would tell him to wait... and you've already provided the tracking to Paypal. If he refuses delivery, there's not much you can do. Why refuse is the real wonder. It's invoiced, but is there a return policy stated, such as restocking fee, or partial refund for product minus shipping... there may not be a foot to stand on in a Dispute if not. Why did he order more if it wasn't good for the first order? You say he wants the COA's, which if anything he's a reseller. Does he have anything listed in Ebay? You can check and see. Why doesn't he want them? Are you saying this software is $850 a pop. What is it? Take the return and relist... At least if it's a clean refusal, it's fast. Instead of waiting for a return and worrying how he will ship it.

You say you placed an order for them, does that mean your supplier shipped the software to him? Will it be returned there if refused delivery? Will you have to pay a restocking fee? Shipping fees? That is probably what you're out if you can't do a partial refund to cover it all. It has to be stated like I said in the invoice or on a website. Since no Ebay, you would of been okay if signature confirmation... but refusing delivery means he doesn't want the COA's and your kinda having to accept a failed transaction is my opinion. What can you really say to the dispute... He has no product, you have no proof of delivery.

The fact that he jumped to 2 Disputes instead of contacting you first is bad and even puts your account in under Paypal scrutiny. He's an axxhole. What can you do? Win the first one (he used the software) and left good feedback, refund the 2nd when you get it back. You lost the sale. They'll side with him and if anything he will probably just do a chargeback if he used a CC in Paypal. Paypal will want it returned to you for whatever reason he gives. He knows to just refuse it to win. Shipping has to be pretty high though, see if you can get that covered. You have proof he ordered it, with hopefully a seperate shipping charge.

All he can do is claim it's pirated software for the 1st order. He'd win if you don't prove otherwise to Paypal for the dispute.
Old 12-13-2009

Um, well I read about imported software in one of your other post... You might be out of luck even on the first order. Sorry, but you may not be allowed to sell it in other countries. Imported software to Paypal... a no no. Especially Microsoft and Adobe. They already want your vendor information. Does it update with that COA and register? That might be why he's cancelling the second order.