180 DAYS and CLAIM "not as described" !!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-14-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default 180 DAYS and CLAIM "not as described" !!!!

Hi All,

I need some good advice for handling a claim that has been placed by a buyer.

A few days back my PayPal account got limited, this also linked to my eBay account which also got suspended. All my listings were removed by eBay, and also the listings that were already sold. And to make things worse PayPal has given me the 180 days.

A buyer that already received the item, has filed a claim that the item is not as described (the buyer did not leave any feedback yet). Strangely I only see the claim in PayPal, I do not see any messages from this buyer, as to why he/she filed this claim. Normally a buyer can first file a dispute and leave messages about why he/she find the item not as described. But since my PayPal is limited (and the 180 days) only immediate claims can be filed. The item I sold is really authentic.

Oh yes, this is the second claim (on the same item) this buyer has filed. The first one was about not receiving it, but she/he then cancelled the claim because I could prove a delivery through the tracking information. The buyer then closed the claim, and gave as information to PayPal that we settled the claim personally. This buyer canceled "Item Not Received" & opens up "Not As Described".

However, how am I going to get this claim handled, there is no listing anymore, because EBay removed this because of the suspension. I'm considering two options:

1) Do not agree with this claim, because item is really like as described.
2) Let the buyer return the item for a refund.

I really find it hard to make a decision because the listing information is not there anymore, so I do not really have clear view of what Paypal is going to decide. I really need some advice.

Is Paypal going to vote in favor of the buyer, since there's no listing information anymore, and I got the 180 days from Paypal (Paypal is stopping all services for me)?

Or do you think that they are going to handle the claim properly?

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2009

Longevity: 85%

As far as I am aware once a claim is closed another one cannot be opened on the same item so I suspect it won't come to anything! But anything is possible with paypal.

I suggest you ring them and ask why another claim has been allowed on the same item.

And yes the bell has tolled for your account. Time to go stealth.

CaptainJack
Old 12-14-2009

Longevity: 85%

They done a cheap shot and didnt communicate at all and went straight on to a Paypal claim. Things like this is why i hardly bother any more since i opened my own online dvd store - no more worrying about listings getting pulled . good luck
Old 12-14-2009

Longevity: 91%

Word "properly" we don't associate with PayPal around here, lol.
Looks to me like you are done with this Ebay and PayPal accounts. Were those accounts with real info? How old accounts, and would it be worth fighting for it since you claim your item was indeed authentic? If so, do you have the means to prove it? It all depends, but I'd say save yourself some time and just move on, start all over. Fighting back is long and excruciating process with uncertain outcome.

After you made this decision, than you can decide weather to refund or not. I thought once the claim is filed and closed you could not reopen the same claim again? Both PayPal and Ebay will side with the buyer - most likely,so even if you don't refund, they might from the funds that are limited.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyda For This Useful Post:
birti (12-15-2009)
Old 12-15-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all responses....

The item sold is authentic and I can prove this with the receipt. Also is real info used for this account (Paypal/Ebay), so a return would also be possible.

But I contacted Paypal about this matter (emailed them espec. about a second claim that has been filed by the same buyer). I also told that it was ridiculous that a buyer could file a claim twice without previous contact. I also told them that the claim from this buyer was incorrect.

I got a response today from Paypal, They replied that this buyer has filed a claim because of a SNAD, and the buyer claims that this item is not authentic. And to make things worse, they have made a decision for me regarding this claim. They have selected “do not agree” so now I cannot make a choice anymore.

They did not tell me anything about the fact that a second claim has been filed. So I think if you’re in the 180 days trajectory a buyer can file a claim twice without any resistance. I also noticed, from the claim information, that this buyer emailed Paypal before opening a second claim. The buyer could probably not open a second claim so she/he contacted Paypal in advance, and Paypal then opened the second claim.

Looks like Paypal has made a decision for me, let’s see if they handle this claim properly. The value of this item is 150 GBP.

So let’s hope for a good outcome, will keep you updated….
Old 12-15-2009

Let me just give you my brief experience when something similar happened to me.

When I was on ebay/paypal under my legitimate name I was suspended because of a situation that dealt with an international scam that I was hit with. When I was suspended from ebay they wrote letters to the buyers that practically had me as one of the terrorists of 9/11 and told the buyers NOT to pay for any items. My funds were confiscated by paypal for 180 days. ($1100). Some buyers who already HAD the items then proceeded to file "not rec'd/not described/gimme my money" claims FRAUDULENTLY with paypal. I have a record of every item and the tracking number. I use signature confirmation. I disputed the 8 fraudulent claims and showed PROOF to paypal VIA THEIR OWN LABEL GENERATION (as I used paypal shipping) to show that the 5 who said "never rec'd) did in fact get the item and signed for it.

I must have called them 20 times and gotten 20 different idiots and about 7 brain damaged supervisors. The last one told me "never to call again as they will not talk to me EVER).

The bottom line, they REFUNDED the money to the fraudulent buyers who were easily proven via paypals OWN system that they had the item. I lost the $1100 and some greed mongers who know how stupid paypal is got their money back AND my item.

So, my advice to you is NOT to think that paypal is going to do the right thing. If they can refund on an item that is visible in their own records as rec'd WITH SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION it shows that they are incapable of honesty, integrity or humanity.

My lawyer said I could sue paypal. Sure, and spend the next two lifetimes and a million dollars to fight with their monopoloy. Can't be done alone.

I was out $1,100 and $1,100 of merchandise because they CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT.

Sorry for this bad news.
Old 12-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi Unceuponatime,

Thanks for your message, this type of business is what gives Gaypal a Bad name.
Did they even refund the "not received" claims? Their customer service really sucks; they won't answer any difficult questions etc. It's always easy to lay off "difficult customers" through email and telephone, these f**kers do not have a physical office, or else there would be a daily queue of angry customers.……

Looks like they won't do anything for you when you're on the 180 days period!!!!!
This employee from Paypal, just decided for me that I was going to dispute this claim. I only told this employee (through email) that I have proof the claim from this buyer is incorrect. I never told this employee I wanted to file a dispute, I still could have chosen for the return option.
If they aren't going to handle this accordingly, this guy from the customer service just stole 150 GBP from me. He probably knew that I was on the 180 days period.