Shipping? How do you go about it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-16-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Shipping? How do you go about it?

Hi,
This is my first post in the forums, i made sure i read the eBay Stealth 3.0 and almost all sections of the forums before i ask any questions. I am new at stealth, havent created one account but i have completed all the steps to create one, last one is just to go to paypal.com and ebay.com to make one .... So my question was, i been using ShipWorks/stamps.com for my regular account (i had since 2001) to print shipping labels on zebra label printer.

What are you guys using to print shipping labels for all of your accounts? For example if you have 5 stealth accounts, how would you go about printing labels? manually entering every label into software you use?

Be nice since its my first post
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I copy/paste from my sold items directly into Endicia with a Zebra label printer.

I have been thinking about going to stamps.com since they have released their new software that dumps the USPS Delivery Confirmation back into eBay or Amazon.
I just have not done it yet.

Shipworks is a great program. I love it.
They only bad thing about it is trying to write the emails and invoices for customers since I do not know the code you have to write it in.
Old 12-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

I just simply copy the address from ebay, paste in microsoft word, add what the item is and then post it at the local post office.

Minimum details, works for me.
Old 12-17-2009

Longevity: 85%

i copy the shipping info from paypal then paste it to the program for my brother QL printer.. I have the usps take care of the postage
Old 12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
I copy/paste from my sold items directly into Endicia with a Zebra label printer.

I have been thinking about going to stamps.com since they have released their new software that dumps the USPS Delivery Confirmation back into eBay or Amazon.
I just have not done it yet.

Shipworks is a great program. I love it.
They only bad thing about it is trying to write the emails and invoices for customers since I do not know the code you have to write it in.
i've been using endicia, what's the advantage of using stamps.com?
Old 12-17-2009

Longevity: 84%

I think he already gave the advantage of stamps.com here:

"I have been thinking about going to stamps.com since they have released their new software that dumps the USPS Delivery Confirmation back into eBay or Amazon."

Me I still use a bic pen and a label since I only sell 5-10 a day it only take a few minutes but will be looking for a good label writer soon.
Old 12-17-2009

Longevity: 85%

I'm with you there - I do about 50 per day and hand write them all. I have all the equipment but I find it easier and quicker to use a pen and the post office - let them use their labels and printer ink, postage is expensive enough without adding the cost of consumables.

CaptainJack
The Following User Says Thank You to captainjack1980 For This Useful Post:
holyhell (05-10-2010)
Old 12-17-2009
Threadstarter  

I have heard of endicia but i have never looked over their pricing and their system, first i ever tried was stamps.com and just stuck with it, they do post tracking to ebay but i wish it would get attached to paypal too since they like tracking number attached to transactions. Also since you use ebay stamps.com is free now, i emailed them about not getting monthly charge but they told me to call their customer support and i never got around calling them. I only used shipworks when it was on trial basis, it was easy to ship and import transactions and leave feedbacks. I wonder if you use shipworks it connects to the account i assume, does it track ip address too ?
Old 12-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Yes Im with you Jack, I always believe keeping it simple is the best way. I know in the past I have done a lot of things in the most complex manner and all one can do is confuse themself.

simple = beautiful
Old 12-19-2009

Longevity: 84%

I stopped writing out labels forever ago especially with the international labels...

We use some HP toner style printers they are about $300 plus each but you can get packages of adhesive backed 8x11 perforated peel label sheets off ebay and print them all day long. The toner cartridge can cost anywhere from $50-$120 depending on name brand or off brand ink and will usually shoot out 2500 labels before refill plus the printer is fast not like a cheap ink cartridge printer. We log onto the paypal accounts and then use usps through paypal. Everyone gets a tracking number automatically emailed to them plus it is stored in ebay and paypals system automatically. Peel the top label off slap it on package and keep the bottom half of the page so we know it has been shipped out that day for sure.
Old 05-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

I just get the perforated peel label covers and print my labels on my HP printer. I just have to buy paper and black ink, which will last me a few months. I like using paypal to print my labels b/c the tracking goes directly into paypal and ebay.

I just use my ebay profits to get my bubble wraps, bubble envelopes, tape, ink and paper. Works well for me.
Old 05-10-2010

Longevity: 97%

I print from paypal and tape it to the package. Im a pretty low volume seller so its pretty simple for me.
Old 05-10-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
I'm with you there - I do about 50 per day and hand write them all. I have all the equipment but I find it easier and quicker to use a pen and the post office - let them use their labels and printer ink, postage is expensive enough without adding the cost of consumables.

CaptainJack
Right there with you buddy, I kick it old school and write everything out. I do have return address lables, though. F**k all those printers and ink and all that extra money. Your losing money just to look pretty.
Old 05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhell View Post
Right there with you buddy, I kick it old school and write everything out. I do have return address lables, though. F**k all those printers and ink and all that extra money. Your losing money just to look pretty.
time is money , and it defintely takes a lot of time to hand write everything....
Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I just search google images for "paypal shipping label" and then use a sharpy to draw it freehand on my packages. It saves me almost as much money as switching to Geico did.

For a quick package, I just Paypal print. For a few, I use Click N Ship software from USPS and plain paper and scotch tape. For large volume, I use my inkjet and some Avery two-part shipping labels and the Click N Ship.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-10-2010)
Old 05-10-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

I use Paypal and print it right off my printer. I use the free packaging from USPS.