buyer open complaint after over 45 days,how come? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-18-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Question buyer open complaint after over 45 days,how come?

my paypal is limited and im waiting the 180 days to get my money. today i received 2 emails from paypal saying that a buyer opened complaint against me for 2 transactions which are more than 45 days old and paypal gave me 2 case number. i logged into my paypal but the 2 cases are not in the resolution center as usual disputes. how come buyers can do this after 45 days and why paypal still accepted it. it has been so long since the initial purchase, and he claimed now that item not as described, who know whether it is true or not. im just wondering if i do not contact the buyer, will paypal reverse the funds to him? will this cause me lose all the frozen funds in the account?

part of the paypal email is as below:

We are contacting you to let you know that we will not be continuing this
investigation because this complaint was filed 45 or more days after the
original transaction date. However, we reserve the right for the next 180
days to begin an investigation if we later determine that this complaint
should be examined.

We are committed to providing our community a safe environment in which to
transact. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, we reserve the right to
close or limit an account in response to excessive complaints received
about failure to ship merchandise, non-delivery of services, merchandise
not as described, or problems with merchandise shipped.

You do not need to contact PayPal at this time, however, we encourage you
to work directly with the buyer to amicably resolve this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-18-2009

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by de2009 View Post
my paypal is limited and im waiting the 180 days to get my money. today i received 2 emails from paypal saying that a buyer opened complaint against me for 2 transactions which are more than 45 days old and paypal gave me 2 case number. i logged into my paypal but the 2 cases are not in the resolution center as usual disputes. how come buyers can do this after 45 days and why paypal still accepted it. it has been so long since the initial purchase, and he claimed now that item not as described, who know whether it is true or not. im just wondering if i do not contact the buyer, will paypal reverse the funds to him? will this cause me lose all the frozen funds in the account?

part of the paypal email is as below:

We are contacting you to let you know that we will not be continuing this
investigation because this complaint was filed 45 or more days after the
original transaction date. However, we reserve the right for the next 180
days to begin an investigation if we later determine that this complaint
should be examined.

We are committed to providing our community a safe environment in which to
transact. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, we reserve the right to
close or limit an account in response to excessive complaints received
about failure to ship merchandise, non-delivery of services, merchandise
not as described, or problems with merchandise shipped.

You do not need to contact PayPal at this time, however, we encourage you
to work directly with the buyer to amicably resolve this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Don't worry about it...its a general email but you better turn the grill down if your selling hot items.

Also mark this persons info down in case there is a future puchase from them on another screen name...refund them immediately.
Old 12-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE View Post
Don't worry about it...its a general email but you better turn the grill down if your selling hot items.

Also mark this persons info down in case there is a future puchase from them on another screen name...refund them immediately.
i've already stopped selling on this account as my paypal is limited forever. im just waiting the 180 days to pass to get my funds. thank you so much for your reply.
Old 12-18-2009

I'd also add this buyer to your blocked bidders list for any account still going. Stop the headache before it begins!
Old 12-18-2009

Longevity: 85%

Paypal won't reverse the funds unless the buyer initiates a chargeback with their credit card provider (assuming that is how they funded the purchase).

If the buyer does that then PP will claw the amount back from your funds - that is why they make you wait 180 days!

CaptainJack
Old 12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyPockets View Post
I'd also add this buyer to your blocked bidders list for any account still going. Stop the headache before it begins!

I disagree...

I never add them cause if they are trying to troll for problems and are domestic trollers when they see a screen name has blocked them they will use another one causing the problem again sometimes. I usually give automatic refunds as soon as their payments come in if we notice repeat problematic ebayers...yeah it might be an auto negative but you can fight it with a non payment dispute at least it does not register as a paypal dispute which is where the flags are most important if you are running multiple ebay accounts to 1 paypal account.

Everyones situation is different of course this is just a suggestion we stick by when lightly rotating accounts.
Old 12-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
Paypal won't reverse the funds unless the buyer initiates a chargeback with their credit card provider (assuming that is how they funded the purchase).

If the buyer does that then PP will claw the amount back from your funds - that is why they make you wait 180 days!

CaptainJack
i've already emailed this guy, but he didnt respond. i'll just wait and see. thank you!
Old 05-08-2010
MU

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE View Post
I disagree...

I never add them cause if they are trying to troll for problems and are domestic trollers when they see a screen name has blocked them they will use another one causing the problem again sometimes. I usually give automatic refunds as soon as their payments come in if we notice repeat problematic ebayers...yeah it might be an auto negative but you can fight it with a non payment dispute at least it does not register as a paypal dispute which is where the flags are most important if you are running multiple ebay accounts to 1 paypal account.

Everyones situation is different of course this is just a suggestion we stick by when lightly rotating accounts.
And we disagree with you, by not blocking them, and refunding them , they are still allowed to leave you negative feedback. And surely enough by refunding them and continuing to sell the same item, they will surely leave you a negative.
Old 05-09-2010

Longevity: 86%

Sometimes when you have had problems with an account (say you got suspended) for non delivery or not as described and you get kicked off ebay....EVERYONE that has done business with you in an X amount of time will get an email from ebay/paypal asking if they had any issue and will allow them to open a dispute even AFTER the normal time period and grant that buyer back their funds EVEN if they got the item. MESSED up I know, but that is paypal! Especially if your paypal account is now all messed up and basically inaccessable......then really there is nothing you can do that I know of. Good Luck!