Paypal Dispute - Posible outcome ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Paypal Dispute - Posible outcome ?

Hello,

First of all a big HI to everyone, with this being my first post.

Ive been up and running with the New stealth guide for about a month now. All is good

Just a question regarding a dispute i have with a customer and i wondered if anyone had any experience who could advise me.

My customer complains that what he's bought is #### and wants a full refund, but is refusing to return item.
I politely offer full refund and even his return shipping costs upon receipt of item.
Again he refuses and says hes going to report me to Ebay, Paypal and the relevant authorities. To top it off he then leaves me bad neg. feedback and then bangs a "item not as described" dispute with Paypal wanting a full refund.

I have 10days to respond to Paypal
I now have 2 days left to decide what to do. Offer full refund and he gets to keep item. Or let paypal decide ?

In the meantime he has taken close up pictures of item which he has sent to me via email and probably Paypal too.

I have switched to selling on another account to let this one cool as im sure hes been flagging my listings

Obviously I’m thinking of cutting my losses and just refunding my customer, without Paypal getting to decide and looking too closely at me and maybe limiting my account.

If i let it ride with Paypal making the decision has anyone had any experience of what the posible outcome may be ?

I don’t know of any retail establishment that would refund a customer without receiving the faulty/wrong/#### back first. I know Ebay is on the buyers side, what about Paypal ?

Your thoughts and valuable experience appreciated.

Kull Dee Sak
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you get buyers like that, they go the extra mile..I agree, instant refund would get rid of them somewhat, save the returns situation for more straightforward customers..block their ID, possible they knew they would do this to keep item, but those buyers are rare, most buyers accept a return and refund. Also, do you really want this buyer having your return address, they could make more trouble for you...just let em keep it..try and stipulate, a full refund as long as transaction is cancelled, after refund, send them a cancellation through ebay, so you can get your fees back, and that way they are less likely to be able to neg you..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-23-2009 at 06:07 AM.
Old 12-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanx oompaloopa,

Yes im going to refund and put it down to "seasonal goodwill gesture,Merry Xmas,etc"
But really im grinding my teeth, baa humbug !!

Cheers
Old 12-23-2009

Wow can they really do that?

i need more detail to watch out for these types of buyers

btw : how much money did u lose?
Old 12-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi nkwatch,

Not a great loss around £30 (about $50). Its the principle more than anything but sometimes you have to bite your teeth and write it off as a loss. Its goes with the business we are in.
Still been a good Xmas all in all for sales.

Thanx