Having problem please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 01-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Having problem please help

ok so im new here and have this problem im hoping possibly someone could help? ok so i have multiple ebay and paypal accounts set up, all with legitimate and different information. I have various items im selling which are all high end items. the information on the paypal and ebay accounts match and check out. however it seems they are cracking down very quickly on auctions and are requesting additional information much more so then previously. mainly for new accounts. these are all new accounts. I have never really encountered this problem and always managed to fly under the radar. now if i need to sell these high end items which is the best way in going about it so i can do it as fast as possible? do i need to purchase feedback from people on ebay to build feedback or buy small 1 dollar items to get good feedback , and then sell my high end items which are in the 1-5k price range? if so, how high or how many feedbacks do you think i would have to have before ill successfully be able to sell my item without having the ebay account suspended? also how do i avoid the 21 day withdrawal hold on my money from paypal if the paypal account and ebay seller accounts are fairly new? do i just simply have to have the ebay accounts open for a while and done X amount of sales with them and ill be able to avoid this problem, how many sales do you think i would have to do? im just looking for fastest alternative to sell my high end items, and fastest alternative to being able to withdrawal my funds instead and waiting 21 days. also, is it possible to register different accounts from different ip's and simply bid on your own items and give feedback on your items yourself? sorry i know this is alot, i dont expect to really get someone to answer all these questions, ill probably just do the digging around myself and end up figuring it out in a week or so. but if someone could help it would be much appreciated. sorry for the book. and thanks to anyone who can help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-01-2010

build feedback
Old 01-01-2010

Longevity: 85%

Hi, as a basic rule of thumb your accounts should be past the thirty day point and have DSRs of 20+. This will help you avoid 21 day holds on your funds.

Buying feedback, buying cheap junk for feedback and registering accounts to give yourself feedback won't help you... In fact practices like this will just get you suspended/limited all the faster.

And to be honest if you are running a lot of high value transactions through the accounts there may well be nothing that can save you from that first limitation. You just need to be prepared for when it happens!!

Running 50 or so sales to the value of a few hundred dollars in total through your account and getting 5* DSR feedback is your best bet.

CaptainJack
The Following User Says Thank You to captainjack1980 For This Useful Post:
stupidsam (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

so your saying even if i only need like a 5 day or 7 day window to sell 1 item and do 1 auction their is a slim possibility of being able to do it? even if i build feedback those ways it will not help me or my account? and im sorry im some what of a newb with technical lingo dsr respresents feedback on ebay account i assume? im not worried about the limitation im sure it will happen at some point. im just saying i just need a 5-7 day window to set up the auction after which the accounts are no value to me and the limitations dont matter either. creating new accounts is no problem its the window i need to avoid limitation for 1 auction. there is no way around this? i see so your saying my best bet would be selling various smaller auctions to build feedback would enable me to sell one for higher value with avoiding being suspended? again i just need to get that small window of time. i dont care if the ebay account gets limitated or suspended in the long run. surely their just has to be a way for me to get around this first limtation and sell an item quickly. well thanks jack, appreciate it, thats probably what ill end up having to do. my new seller account wont be suspended for transactions of a couple hundred dollars?
Old 01-01-2010

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating (i.e the 1-5 star rating system Ebay gives to buyers to rate the transaction).

It is relatively safe to run some low $ transactions through a newly verified account to build feedback.... This would be considered normal account behaviour.

The type of hit and run account you are talking about is the modus operandi of scammers and will be treated as such by Ebay/PP.

CaptainJack
stupidsam (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

im sorry let me correct, it isnt the paypal limtation thats the main issue its that they suspend any new auction on ebay with high value, of course. i was just trying to confirm that there is no way around this ebay suspension even if i try going about getting feedback in the ways i listed? what if i were to go about getting feedback for hundred dollar items as you said, if it were simply a few would this buy me a window for my higher end item i need to sell? so your saying my feedback score would need to be in the 20 range to avoid suspension. also what would be the max price range for a item that i would be able to sell without getting this suspension on a new ebay account? surely for only needing a small window of time their has to be a way to buy that window with a new account to set up an auction and fly under the radar. i mean i used to be able to do it all the time, but now it seems things have changed.
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

so how many low dollar transactions and feedbacks do you think i would have to run through my newly verified account in order to be able to sell my higher end item without worrying about the account being suspended halfway through the auction or at the end immidiately? thanks again.
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

well its just that they are making it so difficult for new sellers to sell higher end items, that it seems my quickest way is to build hit and run accounts and have various back ups setup for when they do decide to put the suspension on. my issue is just getting the auction up long enough to where item can actually sell and actually recieve payment before they shut the auction down and require verification. their doing it every time i create an account. i had an account which i built feedback then tried to sell a higher end item and the same thing happened. i only did like 10 transactions however to the average of $10 each.
Old 01-01-2010

Yes it is much harder work of late... especially it seems for US users.

Aim to get to the 50+ (or at least 20 DSRs) feedback point before you wheel out the big guns.

CaptainJack
stupidsam (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

haha alright thanks man. yea their making it hard as hell. i guess their is no way around it other then building high feedback like you said. as far as feedback goes you said their is no point in even buying small items to recieve good feedback? so id have to do about 20-50 selling auctions or buying auctions, or both combined will work?
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

but your saying their is no other way of buying that time frame window of 5-7 days to have the auction stay up, just for 1 auction? i dont know sometimes amazingly 1/50 times my auction for some reason will still fly under the radar and by the time they supsend the account and auction ive already sold the item to someone. the auction will automatically be shut down every time if its a high end item unless i have a dsr of 20-50?
Old 01-01-2010

Ultimately it is the selling feedback that counts. Nothing wrong adding to your feedback by buying but ultimately it is those DSRs you need.

CaptainJack
stupidsam (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010

see told you. my answer is best. but i get no thanks. i just said it simple but true. "build feedback"
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

i see..well thanks...ok so what if i sold feedback for feedback lol. like i sold a picture or something i say i took for like a buck. and swap feedback with the person. this will help or no? you said it would only get me limited faster? why is that? and how is that? And again the price range of the items im selling does it really matter or have any affect on my feedback, if my goal is to sell one of my big items?
Old 01-01-2010

No selling price isn't much of an issue as long as it isn't under a buck.

Ebay have bots and sad loser spies with no life that will pick up patterns in your feedback and if you do what your suggesting your feedback will likely scream FEEDBACK MANIPULATION.

I'm sure some users have successful methods of getting feedback in this way but I just do it the old fashioned way and sell cheap but quality stuff and give a good service. But I also operate my accounts long term so that is the best advice I can offer.

CaptainJack
stupidsam (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

i see.. well thank you very much for your advice you've been helpeful in confirming what i was afraid of. and yes im aware of their evil bots and loser spies im beginning to loathe and despise the site and wish for their demise. i wont someone to come along and blow them out of the water, someone that has different policies and arent such control freaks.
i have seen plenty of people sell stupid things for like 30 cents and literally post that their basically swapping feedback. theres a guy who sells pictures that he says he took and they just look like pictures off of google images and the guys a power seller. you look at their sales and of course their all private lol. so that pretty much says what all their sales are. the ones that do show are rather large ones. i know they have bots but i just dont know how they could catch this sort of thing if feedback were built through sales like these. i mean their has to be thousands of people doing this now because of how their developing their dictatorship with online auctions. but i assume i could just sell my collection of cards at 1 buck a piece for my higher valued cards, i dont know how that could be feedback manipulation as their are thousands of sellers who do that as well. hopefully 20 of those will do the trick. if that cant buy me my 7 day window i dont know what will. i just am going to use this sell and burn the account approach cause im so sick of their stupid verification crap. i have no other option really anyways because i was suspended for some prick who did a chargeback and claimed he didnt recieve the item for a huge item, and the thing never really got resolved, i dont know if paypal or ebay picked up the tab or what. but the guy sure didnt get the money from me. the whole thing is turning into a scam.
Old 01-01-2010

You should have no problem with cards... as long as you are selling (and sending) a physical product that is fine. Sims work well for some to.

CaptainJack
stupidsam (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

ok yea thats what i figured. but like i said ive just seen quite a few accounts of people who are like power sellers and have ridiculous feedback, and they have alot of auctions where their selling feedback for feedback and are totally blatant about it. others are more covert and just sell a stupid picture that they say they took and act like their a photographer and sell the picture for like 30 cents. then they swap feedback. im sure their are alot of people that do things with items like that. i saw another guy who sells tiny black buttons lol. i mean he has like thousands of different auctions for 1 single button all the same thing some just different colors. and thats all the guy sells and his feedback is through the roof. and in his auctions he has some little spiel about how hes also swapping feedback for feedback , i mean im sure the guy isnt sending buttons to anyone, and i mean surely their isnt a way for ebay to know whether hes sending people buttons or not if they claim they got them and its a simple feedback swap? i mean theres gotta be hundreds of people doing this, i mean THEIR ARE so how could they regulate or monitor all of it. i mean i see tons of people doing it. I think i should be able to build feedback this way no? ill give it a try. if not ill be selling my card collection to build the feedback. its just amazing you cant even post an auction anymore with a new account if the auction is over 1,000 bucks. Like before id at least be able to get the thing up and sell it before they screwed with things. But now i cant even get it to stay up for 4 days. Sometimes i can, but its rare.

Last edited by stupidsam; 01-01-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

well thanks again captainjack, if anyone else has any feedback or advice on this problem in regards to the methods of feedback i mentioned working, or in regards to creating a 5-7 day window for an auction on a new seller account without it being suspended then it would be much appreciated.
Old 01-01-2010

i have a friend who gets all his feedback that why as you mentioned by selling feedback for feeback basically. should work. think it works better by not being super obvious about it but really i dont think it matters either way. plenty of people do it like you said. do that a couple times and you should be able to sell your expensive items

fish
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

im going to try it and see if it works i dont know why it wouldnt. but i dont know what has been up with all the crack downs and verification requirements the last couple of weeks. from reading forums on here its been insane. happening to alot of people. they are the german nazis of online auctions i swear. their way or the highway. its such a slow process to sell anything anymore, i was checking out some of the other alternative auction sites that people were mentioning in another thread, and while the traffic on them doesnt come anywhere close to ebay, im sure if you used a variety of auction sites all combined that you could see very close the the same sales numbers and traffic results as ebay. nice thing is these lesser known sites have no where near the restrictions or policies ebay seems to have. it appears i can go right in on one of these sites and list a $4,000 item if i want right away without all the hassles you get from ebay.
Old 01-01-2010

well gl to u i havent had really any problems selling lately u might be right though with trying to use multiple auction sites that could add up to alot of traffic without the hassle from ebay