Merchant Account Or Google Checkout??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-15-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Merchant Account Or Google Checkout???

Hello, finally im back on ebay and selling my stuff. My old account and Paypal were both suspended for good so now im stuck with the old school money order's that rarely anybody wants to send. Im thinking about opening a merchant account or setting up the Google check out. I just want some sugestions. Are there any good merchant accounts out there who dont take 4.9 percent like the some i seen. Please list some good merchant accounts that you guys used or know of. Also this whole google checkout thing, is it worth it??? or is that something people are afraid of getting involved in, the buyers i mean. I seell things over $1000 sometimes and just want to settle on a good merchant account that is compatible with paypal and ebay. thanks everyone.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2007

I might be wrong, but EB requires you to have either a PP or merchant account, i.e. you have to have a means for accepting CC's. EB does not facillitate Google Checkout even though you could use them to receive payment, they do not fufill the requirements that EB places on sellers for acceting plastic.

I think there are plenty of people that set up EB and PP accounts using the same giftcards and then always accept payment through Google CO.
Old 09-16-2007

Longevity: 99%

Modee, can Google Checkout go into your checking account to pull funds like Paypal used to be able to do (may still, just not legal anymore)? Is it a good idea to use a savings account for deposit or does it matter?
Old 09-16-2007

I've read their agreement but didn't see any specific mention of savings account and their forum is pretty quiet about it too. Do you think this applies to savings accounts too? I'm adding a new account to GoogleCheckout and just wanted to confirm.

Of course this is all just backup in the unlikely event of a chargeback that I don't or can't win.
Old 09-17-2007

Ok, I know you're speaking from experience here as I recall you had a question about this before. How did that work out? What did you use to defend yourself? The best I know is to transfer the funds immediately to help avoid the problem. If you have another solution, please PM me or share here if you wish. Thanks
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I finally finished setting up my google checkout. Don't know if I will use it because I already have a merchant account but its still good to have.
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

Modee YOUR RIGHT! i do remember some powersellers who do that. They will send a invoice to my email based off their website. I the invoice would take me to their website and i would enter my details through the website!

But yes, that would work. you could also copy the "buy" button html of your website and email the button to your customer .But all in all it would work and thats a great ideal.

Also what do you all think about having google checkout on your website? Im thinking about dumpimg my merchant account soon. They want to charge a $75 annual fee now..(what da ****?)

Im getting smacked with all kind of fees. They even charge me a customer service fee and I never even call the beetches/

what will google checkout fees be once they start charging?

and do you think they will be like paypal locking accounts and stealing money?? I eally dont think they will do that because they forward the money instantly..

So yeah I may be adding google checkout real soon
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

Google checkout is very easy to implement. Earlier today i was playing with the buttons and I like d that fell of it and the ease of of copy and pasting the html onto the website.

But yeah i going to take a second look at it and I may be switching it within the next few days
Old 09-25-2007

That's the part I hate about the ebay "won" notice. Half the time you can't tell if the email address you receive is being used with a Paypal account or not. This leads to attempts to find out by asking leading questions because just asking straight out might be viewed as suspicious by the other person. Most of the time anymore I just test it out. If it looks like it's the real thing and they have any kind of feedback or number of verified transactions, I just send the money. Not worth all the hassle. Not exactly scientific though.
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

Jack you do know that you can create a buyer account with your real info. Ebay doesnt care about buyer accounts..

And where in the hell is tcho at??
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

Thats what I have been hearing. You may have to change up the spelling of your name just a little. But I "heard" you can create a buyer account with same info , Ebay doesnt care to much about buyers accounts and there fraud system only targets seller accounts.

Kind of make sense. why wouldnt they want you as a buyer, they need buyers and isn't like a buyer can do harm..

Tcho can you confirm this?
Old 09-25-2007

That's exactly the trouble oh superior one. You ask and they say "well, just pay through the invoice I sent you!" Duh.

My accounts start out as buying to generate feedback like half the people on this board. If you didn't guess that already you're slipping.
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

Even if it's just a buying account, if it has information which is the same as a suspended account it'll get flagged into the PSU queue.

The difference is say you're also selling with the same information, you may get flagged into other queues at the same time. So your account may come up faster in another queue which also works it for PSU (although it looks for other things too, but if the PSU is there it's quicker to just suspend it for that). Hope that made sense.
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

Actually it didnt make sense
Old 09-27-2007

Made sense to me.
Old 09-27-2007
Executive [VIP]

I guess PSU = Past suspended user
Old 10-03-2007

Pm me I have a merchant with these rates

2.1% plus 20 cents a transacion paypal is 2.9% plus 30 cents
3% for unqualfied rate (business and international) Paypal is 4.9%

I only pay 15 bucks a month monlthly fees, and best of all, NO CONTRACT.

Most merchants have a 3 yrs contract and a termination fee of 250-350. Trust Me I know i just switched out of merchantplus, they have so many stupid fees and they charge you twice when refunding.

Example
Sold something fo 100 bucks
so 2.1 dollars for visa
now the customer returns the item and wants a refund

You get charged again 2.1 dollars.
Old 10-03-2007
Banned

Thats why you alway put in writing in your listings that " There will be a %15 return fee for any returned items. If you don't agree please don't bid" !

Stating this also cuts down on scammers who just want a free item too
Old 10-04-2007

Just so we're clear, will Google Checkout honor your return policy if it's stated in the lower section of the listing rather than the description? Does that part matter at all? I'm trying something new to create a less cluttered description area.

Also, how long does it typically take to add a new bank account to googlecheckout if you bank online? When I registered a new bank on paypal it took maybe a day to see the deposits, and that was on a weekend! Should I expect about the same with google?
Old 10-04-2007
Banned

We already discussed this and you initiated the questions also last time. Why ask the same questions again 2 months later when you already know the answer.
Old 10-04-2007

Who are you talking to? It's not me.