I feel being fooled/screwed by Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default I feel being fooled/screwed by Paypal

Right now.. I'm so dead, tons of feelings n emotions..

First.. Doesn't Paypal guarantee everything- from Buyer to Seller.. as Item not received - wrong item..?

I've ordered from iOffer: A place to buy, sell & trade, then I found a seller, and we had some chats, and I ordered a few Burberry scarfs..
Then I send money through Paypal to Seller..

After 1 week I hear nothing, I see a tracking nr. but I'm still having many questions on my mind, and I contact Seller, no respond..

Then I contact Paypal.. and I open a dispute.. for not receiving Item..
They're investigating.. Seller prooved Tracking nr. and so on.. Paypal closed dispute today.

My bf got the package yesterday night.. and opens the package, guess what?!

THERE IS A DAMN FISH TOY FOR PHONE! What the helllllllllllllllll?!?!?

I immediately contact Paypal.. I've wrote them several e-mail..

I can't open a new dispute now, because they closed the other one " Not received item "

then my bf made a call to Paypal.. They said they couldn't do anything?

I was falling tears, seriously.. I believe in Paypal.. And instead they slap me straight forward..

They chosed to believe the seller? And watch me getting hurt? And doing nothing?

Paypal has the power, if they say right , who dares go left..

They can take the sellers money from Paypal somehow, or do anything, as long as they want to!

What am I suppose to do now?

Please help me.. Before I pass out on this.. I can't take it anymore

I even told them in the details ID transaction, it says Burberry scarfs, instead I receive a damn fish toy, please don't laugh at me..
And they're still doing nothing?

What is your best advice? members? admins? Aspkin? Please help me out..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-10-2010

Longevity: 85%

From your previous posts I see you are already having problems trying to sell Burberry scarves on Ebay. I think you need to come up with a new business plan for the future.

How did you fund the purcahse? Was it with a credit card - if so you can attempt a chargeback through your card provider.

Beyond that it depends where the seller is located and how much info you have on them.

CaptainJack
Old 01-10-2010

PS. for non Ebay sales Paypal only covers item not recieved so bear that in mind for future purchases.

CaptainJack
Old 01-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

there is nothing you can do Danish OP..paypal looks at tracking only.....its unfortunate, but most buyers are not like that, and if you sell good items and ship quickly, you should be ok in general....
Old 01-10-2010
Threadstarter  

I just talked with my friend..

He told me to contact my bank - and call to Paypal headquarter..

I've read Paypal policies on Danish language.. and as I can see, they're able to refund my money!!! Paypal promises to be safe and secure..

[link removed]

Last edited by captainjack1980; 01-10-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2010
Threadstarter  

The money was taken from my creditcard - sending money from Paypal... It has sure been taken from my bank - but only my credit card/bank account is added on Paypal..

Does that count ? How big are my chances?
Old 01-10-2010

Yes your best bet is to go through your Bank/credit card company and dispute the transaction.

CaptainJack
Old 01-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Even though the money has been sent over 3 weeks ago?

But in my case has it been " taken " from my credit card?

What if it's taken from my "bank account" but I have a credit card on it.. It's just taken straight from Paypal.. and sent to ⊗⊗⊗⊗EE seller..
Old 01-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%

Note that if you do decide to do a chargeback through your credit company you are more than likely going to lose that paypal account.
The person who sold this to you is most likely a scammer so the money is long gone out of HIS paypal account. This means that because of your chargeback it will be paypal losing money - and paypal do not like losing money. As a result both your paypal account and the seller's will probably be limited. As I said the seller probably couldnt care less - but you might.
Old 01-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Oh my god, can they just do it like that? even though I DID NOT MAKE A FAULT - MISTAKE..

Paypal made an investigation and obviously believed the seller, then they have to Pay for it.. I'll fight till the end.

If they limit or do anything to my account, I believe they have to HAVE a reason based on their actions.. They can't just do what they want and expect we're going to agree??

I've e-mailed them over 10 times with the risk , reasons, evidence.. They had it all, but didn't use it, does it make me guilty?

I've worked hard for 300$, ain't gonna let them win.. Paypal needs to pay me 300$ back somehow.. that's too much.
Old 01-10-2010

Default iOffer order

I am so sorry this happened to you. I am a seller on iOffer and I would suggest you contact customer service about everything that happened. Give the sellers name etc., trans ID the works. Then "Be Patient" because it can often take several days before they get back to you. I have had trouble with buyers and always have to resort to iOffer CS. I use PayPal to and they have been horrible as of late, they say okay to ship and then they put your money on hold and your out the product & money both and until you can prove delivery and then you still have to wait another 3 days after confirmed delivery for them to credit the money to your account. I would pay close attention to the transaction details of the sellers. If they only have a few and they are within 1 week of signing up for iOffer I would wait or find another seller with the product that has a reasonable amount of ratings or transactions. Many buyers do not rate the transaction but you can click on them and see everything. Who bought ratings offers etc. Also, if you used a straight up Credit Card (not debit) your credit card company should be able to help also. I hope this gets resolved for you.
Old 01-10-2010

sue paypal for there bogus policies...
its only a matter of time untill someone else does so why not you?
Old 01-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

I'm not sure I understood it yet, what's the chance my bank will help me to get my 300$ back? In case they can't find the seller to pay me 300$ for cheating/stealing.. Can they contact Paypal, and give me 300$ from Paypal?

I can't believe my own eyes, Paypal's policy is protecting buyer etc. seller.. through everything..
Now they're slapping me & run away..

Should I contact Paypal headquarter? Paypal costumer sucks, if we need to solve anything, we need to go straightforward to their Company..
Old 01-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Would you please advice how I should do exactly? How should I start my story with the seller to my bank? ( Make it a crime )

And what should I start to say with Paypal headquarter too? + mentioning their Policy.
Old 01-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

again - just from our experience, paypal only looks at tracking confirmation, so as far as they are concerned you are wasting your time.

You state the refund came from your credit card- ok I didnt know that from your original post, you can try a chargeback with card company...may be more successful, but again paypal will fight it and you may not win.....but you can try...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-11-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-11-2010
Threadstarter  

It's taken from my bank account - does that count as Credit card too?

Well.. in case, should I contact Paypal headquarter and tell my story to their prof?

Their policy sucks..
Old 01-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

no bank is not the same as credit card, but you can ask your bank to help, they usually do for clear fraud eg. charges that are not yours on account....but for this, I doubt it...I know it sucks but that is one of the reasons forums like this exists..policies are one-sided

You have buyers address though right? well you can take your revenge in other ways! but seriously dont waste too much time fighting this one...
Old 01-11-2010
Threadstarter  

How can Paypal GUARANTEE SECURE for their buyers if they can do nothing in this case? Then what are they able to do? NOTHING.. Which makes them useless? ;/

I'll call to my bank tomorrow, and i'll send Paypal an e-mail or call their Company headquarter.. I just can't believe my own eyes how Paypal treat us :(
Old 01-11-2010

OP was the buyer oompa!
Closed Thread