Ebay Seller Account US to UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-24-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Exclamation Ebay Seller Account US to UK

Hey everyone,

Some guy wants to sell me his Ebay account.

Its US account. Powerseller. 110 feedback. 100% positive and verified.

Two questions.

I am in the UK. Can I still use this account?

How much is this worth?

Regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

It wont be worth anything if you keep using paypal

And a US account will not work in UK
Old 09-24-2007
Threadstarter  

But I am going to buy a verified paypal from someone else.

No the US accounts are able to post items on Ebay UK. I just got someone to check.

Also how much would this be worth roughly?

Please give a value.

Regards
Old 09-24-2007

Longevity: 99%

It's a bit complicated. A US account can post on other sites but is subject to the rules of the location where the account was opened. Therefore, if you don't live in that country, you are not eligible for some of the protections (and rulings) of that country. Likewise, another country can post in the U.S. if they wish, and most of the time this is what you see. Presumably this is due to more lax regulations in that country. In all cases, you are responsible for adhering to the customs declarations and currencies exchange. It is not automatically transferred. Don't even get me started on VAT.
Old 09-27-2007
Threadstarter  

Exclamation

Guys, I think I am confusing you.

I live in the UK.

I am going to buy a US account from 2002. I will then sell items on Ebay UK.

So therefore tax etc. is not an issue because I am selling in my own country.

Also I am buying a verified paypal account which has no history so I wont be linked to anything.

Following the above steps, I shouldnt get banned should I?

Also how much is an account from 2002 worth? Got like 35 feedback.

Regards
Old 09-27-2007
Executive [VIP]

you will get banned if you do it. but go ahead, prove me wrong.

too many things about having an account outside your country. US account means you need a US IP address and you're in the UK. you can get a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ IP, but if eBay looks it up and they find it's a proxy they will close your account. that means you need a Dedicated Proxy to yourself that doesnt look like a proxy to others. can you do that? no? you're banned.

the next thing is if you mix a US eBay with a UK paypal you will get flagged and eventually banned. if you dont use paypal, how are you going to get paid? you could use money orders or cheques, but how will buyers feel if they buy from a US seller but then have to send payment to the UK. eventually someone will notify eBay and guess what ...banned!

okay, you could be very sneaky now and get a US paypal to match with the US eBay account. how are you going to withdraw? do you have a US bank account? excuse my language, but you cant even walk to your local bank branch to get a new UK bank account, how are you going to get a US bank account? and you say the account was never used before, how do you know it won't be limited the first time it gets a payment and asks you to send drivers license, bank statements, etc. is the person selling you this account going to provide you with all that? no? banned!

what happened since the last thread? just walk down to your local bank branch, get a bank account with an ATM debit card, sign-up for eBay under a different name and address, sign-up for paypal using the same, verify your card, add the bank account and you're all set. why go through all the difficulties in buying an account?
Old 09-27-2007

Longevity: 99%

If you live in the UK as you say and your account is in the UK AND your IP shows UK, I see no reason why you would be banned unless it was for other reasons. Likewise for US or anywhere else. However, mixing and matching countries is dangerous. Not impossible, but risky. You might not be shut down immediately, but you'll be living on the edge and sooner later, they will probably get you. It's all a matter of time. Of course, if you plan to sell the snot out of that ID in a short period of time anyway and then run, it might not matter. In short, it could go either way.