Hello World! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 01-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Hello World!

Hey Everyone,

New on the forum here, so I thought I'd take a quick moment to say hello. I'm sure like many of you when you first arrived here, this is the last place I thought I'd find myself, but now that I'm here and have had a look around I can tell I'm definitely in some good company!

So...... How'd I wind up here, eh? Well, I'd had an eBay account since 1999 (!), and at first I used it only for buying. I signed up for a PayPal account back when they first started becoming popular on eBay (don't even remember how long ago that was), and I was just a happy little camper. Over the years I would use eBay to get rid of things around the house due to the various moves, and when the occasion would arise, I successfully sold a large number of items on eBay (pet items, small electronics, mobile phones, etc.).

Recently I started using my accounts to sell mobile phone software full-time, and I was doing pretty good, profiting about $250/week. I know that's not a lot to many of you, but spending 1-2 hours a week in front of the computer along with 1-2 trips to the post office to ship items out for $250 profit was fine by me.

So, everything was running fine, lots and lots of positive feedback, everyone is happy, no complaints at all, too good to be true, right? Of course it was! I had my normal amount of items up and running while I left for the holidays, with notes on my auctions that shipment would be delayed due to holiday travel. I thought I was being a good little eBayer.

Turns out that 4 people didn't want to read my auctions at all, and they bid what normally are $10 items up into the $400-500 range. Apparently they thought they were buying mobile phones, not software, and as they were all bidding against themselves, they just kept going! Please understand that I was in no way trying to be deceiving. The items were listed in the proper category (phone accessories - NOT phones), and clearly listed the software that was being sold, and even stated very clearly PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS A SOFTWARE AUCTION, NOT A PHONE AUCTION. Again, out of about 200 of these same items being sold, not a single buyer ever complained to me that they thought they were buying a phone, nor did any of them ever complain. Most of them even went on to leave very positive feedback.

So I come back from a short 3 day holiday trip and login to check my email. The horror story that unfolded there was beyond belief. Basically the 4 people who were bidding against each other all won different auctions and all paid promptly using PayPal. Then one of them went back and read what they had actually bid on and filed a significantly not as described case with PayPal, which they then escalated to a claim. They then went a step further and posted negative feedback on my eBay account, and they did all of this without even contacting me. I guess the other buyers saw this, and then freaked out, and they all filed various claims either through eBay or PayPal.

Before I could even respond directly to any of them, PayPal had limited my account, notified eBay, and eBay pulled all of my auctions and limited my account as well. Now I've got 4 buyers, who had they read my auctions, or even just dropped me an email, could have been taken care of properly and right away, all emailing me upset that I've ripped them off, and at the same time, I have dozens of other buyers waiting for me to make shipments, but I'm unable because PayPal isn't letting me access my account at all.

I had to then go back and refund several legitimate buyers and explain to them I won't be able to ship and would like to cancel the auctions. In the end, when it was all said and done, PayPal has decided to keep about $800 in legitimate income for 180 days and they want to "start parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business."

So now I find myself shut out, and without a source that I had come to rely on for a decent part of my income. Luckily I found this community, so I'm learning how I should have done all of this the first time to give myself the most amount of protection. Now I'm reading through all of the helpful posts, and looking to get started slowly, but more so SAFELY, so that I can be up and running again ASAP, hopefully with very few worries.

It's great to meet all of you guys and gals, and I'm looking forward to establishing some long-lasting relationships here!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Hi welcome to forum. First off did you buy and read the eBay Stealth ? You need the combination of the ebook and the forum to be successful.
Old 01-12-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Welcome drgonzo2k2!

Sadly your story is more common every day, but the good thing is we can have you back up and running in no time. If you have any questions send me a pm..

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
Hi welcome to forum. First off did you buy and read the eBay Stealth ? You need the combination of the ebook and the forum to be successful.
No, I haven't purchased eBay Stealth yet. As I said, ALL of my funds were locked up in PayPal due to their shenanigans, so I'll have to wait until this weekend when there is some money in my real bank account to make the purchase.

I did read a note in one of the forums posts about getting the ebook for free, but that doesn't seem to be available any longer?

Trust me, I'm not taking ANY action until I read the book. Right now I'm just reading the forum, taking notes, and waiting patiently until I can get back up and running.
Old 01-12-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo2k2 View Post
I did read a note in one of the forums posts about getting the ebook for free, but that doesn't seem to be available any longer?
YES...you can still get the Stealth Book for free through TrialPay.

TrialPay Error
Old 01-12-2010

Longevity: 91%

Welcome drgonzo2k2!
You are smart to wait and not do anything until you read the book... In the meantime, you can browse the forum and I am sure you will find answers to many questions you may have now....Once you read the book, all peaces of the puzzle will fall in place. We all have been at the point you are now, and I believe we all thought that maybe Ebay and PayPal had something personal against us..lol. I never realized how many people got hurt by Ebay/PayPal before (and other fellow Ebayers unfortunately) until I became a member here...
So, tighten your seat belt! You are up for a great ride getting back on Ebay again.. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2010

Old 01-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

welcome,hope you can sell more products on ebay,and become power seller soon,and make over 1000 usd per week
Old 01-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement! I'm definitely not giving up hope, and I'm sure I'll be back in business, the CORRECT way, before too long!

I just downloaded eBay Stealth 3.0, and I used the Netflix trial instead of payment. That actually worked out well, as the SO and I had been wanting to try the Netflix streaming on our new HDTV anyway, so now we can check that out as well!

I've started skimming through it, and I can tell it's definitely going to be helpful. Right now the next steps I've outlined for myself are:

1 - Login to existing eBay/PayPal accounts one last time from current IP address and copy down all pertinent information from them into my eBay spreadsheet (good tip!). This way I have name, address, CC, bank, etc. from the suspended/limited accounts, so I can make sure to never accidentally reuse them.

2 - Get my eBay computer setup and add user accounts. Yeah, I had a spare computer laying around, and just to be EXTRA careful, I'd like to have one devoted to eBay, just to avoid any possible contamination.

3 - Get the issue with changing my IP address sorted out. Right now I'm having a heck of a time, but I started a thread in the appropriate forum, so I'm sure we'll get it squared away.

4 - Decide what to do about the Name, Address, SSN issue. Luckily, I JUST moved, and I hadn't updated eBay or PayPal with the new address yet, so I definitely have one usable address that I have access too, but the SSN is the tricky one. I would like to legitimately be selling items in the $600-700 price range at some point, and I think once I get there PP is going to want SSN, so it's definitely the sticking point. Unfortunately I don't have any relatives in this state (or for nearly 2000 miles), so I can't really use their addresses (IP would be WAY off), and I don't think they'd let me use their SSNs if I asked anyway. I don't want to use my child. The LLC option seems like an idea, but I'll have to investigate that further.

In general I'd like to get 2 accounts up and running right away. I have a good mixture of used CDs/DVDs and used small electronics and computer peripherals laying around the house, that I figure I could easily spread that across the accounts over a couple of weeks, and then introduce my bread-and-butter item slowly on one of the accounts, and only sell that item there (low $ amount, steady item), while I use the other one to move into the mobile phone market (would obviously need SSN at some point).

Of course I know I will already need to be creating my multiple backup accounts at the same time for when the hammer finally does come down, and that I need to be meticulously organized right from the start!
Old 01-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Hey Gang!

Just wanted to say that with the help of the guide and the forum, I'm now back up and running with my first stealth account in less than a week!

Just got everything setup this evening, verified PayPal instantly thanks to BOA, and had a linked seller's account on eBay, all in about 20 minutes!

Now to get going on the 2nd account!