How accurate is this information? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-24-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default How accurate is this information?

Following a link from the PaypalSucks website I found some very interesting information on the approx times between withdrawal and deposit from a Paypal account. It seems the time has increased--for whatever reason, presumably to float the time your money is in limbo and earn Paypal more money. Though the site is pretty sketchy on when this happened, if it happens to everyone, and what sources were tapped to provide the information. Has anyone else found that it's taking longer now for a deposit to complete to your bank account than before? I'd post the link but it's there on PaypalSucks for anyone to find and out of respect for this site. If Aspkin says it's ok and if no one can actually find the link, then I'll post it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

You can post it.

For me though, it only takes 2-3 days if it's a weekday, if done on the weekend it takes 2-3 days plus the weekend.
Old 09-24-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Here you go...

Editorial PayPal Increasing Withdrawal Times

Aspkin, is that any differerent than before? In times past, I could withdraw on Friday night and it would "clear" paypal on Sunday and show up in my account by Monday late/Tuesday early. The weekends aren't supposed to matter but it sorta does on Paypal's side. Or did rather. Maybe they just plugged a loophole?
Old 09-24-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

They are just trying to stop the scammers^ from hit and runs..
Old 09-24-2007
Threadstarter  

If that were the case the delays would be just the weekends. But as it is, according to this data, it happens on other days too. It doesn't make sense--other than to say Paypal is enjoying some interest at our expense.
Old 09-24-2007
Threadstarter  

????

Methinks you're seeing things Count. Someone spike your blood?

Sometimes a question is just a question.

Now if you REALLY want to talk about someone up to no good, ask Paypal why with all the advances in technology, they're actually going BACKWARDS in time, taking longer to do business. I guarantee you it's not for our benefit. There's money to be made by holding onto those assets.
Old 09-24-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Jack is up to no good it seems! trying to circumvent the system. Come On Jacko, let us know what's REALLY going on.

yeah he is
Old 09-24-2007
Threadstarter  

LOL

Maybe I should get out the shark repellant! :D
Old 09-24-2007
Banned

and jail house clothing while your at it
Old 09-24-2007
Threadstarter  

So is it comfy in that little glass house world you live in there reporter boy?
Old 09-25-2007
Threadstarter  

Hehe, you guys are too much. A network of snitches eh? Well, you can keep digging for gold where there is none, but lest us not forget everyone here is defrauding ebay, which is Paypal, so you have no room to talk. Not that I'm admitting to this little delusional fantasy. But we're all thieves in our own little way. So back off Jack. Em..Modee.

It's hysterical that of all things Modee and Chris are teaming up on this. No wait. It's sad. No. It's hysterical again. :D
Old 09-25-2007
Threadstarter  

I'm not buying, and I doubt anyone else is either.

Oh, and when have I EVER--except in jest--talked about selling counterfeit items or bogus Paypal payments? And I'll state plainly for the record--I have NEVER defrauded a customer. EVER. Period. From where I'm setting, there's far more evidence of foulplay in your side of the court than mine. You're just too high and mighty on your horse to either see or admit it.

With that said...*stepping off the soapbox* TAG. You're it.
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

Jack

1st of all you said that you had customers hounding you down all the time...Suspect

2nd you always ask questions about Paypal and how to fraud it, now you dont ask directly but since day 1, have always thought you were trying to scam and defraud paypal and buyers and once Modee stated it too it was all too good

3rd you even asked about google checkout and chargebacks. Whywould youworry about that too much if your product is golden and not ⊗⊗⊗⊗. you seem to be always worried about chargebacks and you even said that you have a problem with charge backs..

All and all your suspect to me.. I know you probably dont care but oh well.
Old 09-27-2007
Threadstarter  

Anyway, Chris - First of all I never said I have customers hounding me all the time. I had two - two very vocal customers who made my life a living hell. But that's in the past. Lately, I've had no problems. But after such an ordeal, I'm much more careful--even bordering on obsessive--to make sure it doesn't happen again. Hence why all the questions that may have led you to jump to the erroneus conclusions. But I won't apologize for asking questions. That's just stupid.

Second, none of my questions relate to defrauding Paypal. They're related to dealing with Paypal on a proactive basis. Many here have the experience to know that Paypal can be just as bad, just as evil if you will, as eBay on their worst day. And this forum is filled with posts relating to how to deal with eBay from the top of the chain on down. You don't see muffles on those posts do you?

You're such a hypocrite. I've read all your posts and I think pretty much everyone should know who you are by now. You have absolutely ZERO room to judge.

As long as we're just throwing things out there, I might make mention that you're an e-book seller--or have been--and that automatically makes you "Suspect" as you say. The "bad" ebook sellers far outweigh the good and eBay doesn't like them so that says something. Oh, and copyright infringement is a no-no too. But I never bit your hand about it before till you called me out.

Thirdly, well DUH. Of COURSE I asked about Google Checkout and chargebacks. I believe Modee did the same thing a while back as well. It's all about learning what you need to do in the event of a problem to remain in business. It's called doing your research without going all half-cocked into a new environment and losing your shirt. But I guess you don't care about your financial future. More's the pity for you.

Fourthly, do not put words into my mouth. I never said I have a problem with chargebacks. I may have said chargebacks are a problem, but I was speaking collectively--of everyone. Sure, I've had my share of chargeback attempts in the past, just like everyone else. Which is why I want to change that. Chargebacks are an issue sellers have to deal with day in and day out, and it's about time we built a better defense against them. Paypal and the credit card companies certainly aren't and won't do it for us.

And finally...you're right. I don't care about your opinion on this. I think you have neither the right nor the basis of facts to be stating these supposed "facts". They were cute in the beginning as a laugh, but they're now bordering on libel, and I think you should back off now because unless you have real proof to bring to the table other than conjecture and baseless emotional outbursts, your case is DOA and mine just keeps building momentum.

That said...I vote we drop this childishness here and now. All those in favor say 'aye.
Old 09-27-2007
Banned

Thumbs up Jack finally made sense

Jack, that was the first post that you ever ever made sense and I think we all can agree to this! I have to congratulate Jack!!! I wont even rip you apart now, except for the fact that I have never ever sold Ebooks..
Old 09-27-2007
Threadstarter  

Ok...I could say something, but in the spirit of forum cooperation and my last vote...

'Ayes have it. Motion carried. Next thread please.
Old 09-28-2007

Aye Aye Capitan!