Temporary Suspension - Any insight on my chaces of being resinstated? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-28-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Temporary Suspension - Any insight on my chaces of being resinstated?

Hello All,

I recently received a notice from ebay saying that my account had been temporarily suspended for a minimum of 7 days and that I could file a reinstatement request after submitting a form and several documents to verify my personal information was the same as the information I registered with.

I was suspended for listing items that were determined to be counterfit. I had not sold any of these items yet as the listings were cancelled before they had ended.

This is the first time I have been suspended from ebay. I have spent many hours searching the forum and other links on the internet looking for any information on a "temporary" suspension but have not had much luck.

Has anyone been temporarily suspended and then had their account reinstated?

Does this happen? Would I have received, or will I receive a different email if my account is permanently suspended?

I also have another account which had items listed that have recently ended. I have not had any problems with this account. Should I stop using this account also until I hear something back from ebay about the temporary suspension of my other account? The emails from ebay I have received so far state that I cannot use ebay in any way with any other accounts or I risk permanent suspension. I have items that I have received payment for and need to ship these items out (Items are not related to the suspended account listings in any way). Am I risking permanent suspension from ebay by using my other account to get these orders out?

Please help me with any insight on all of this!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-28-2007

Longevity: 97%

I hate to ask this but are you sure the emails were from Ebay? Are you able to still use your account? If you were suspended you would receive at least 1 alert in Ebay and you would not be able to do much of anything except pay your fees.

If yes, then I would submit the info to them and don't list any more items on the other account. If you have the postal info (and it's a physical product) then send out the orders you have. Some would call me crazy for telling you to submit the information to them, but unless you have something to hide, don't worry about it. If you end up not getting reinstated (and "indefinitely" suspended) then it really does not matter how much info they have on you since you stand no chance of ever getting another account with Ebay using your real identity anyway.

7 days is pretty good, however, it normally means more suspensions to come. You did something, or at least they think you did. I would get to the bottom of it with Ebay and try not to do it (or anything else) again. Maybe you started making more money or selling high price or name brand items when you normally didn't? Could be anything, but definitely don't screw it all up by trying to create a new account under false pretenses. This will get you permanently suspended and make you one of us, grrr :->. If you do get "indefinitely" suspended (and you may soon) email me, I'll get you back up and rolling with a new solid seller account immediately.
Old 09-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Hello coopster72,

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't notice the email until I tried to login to my account and could not do anything except read about my "temporary suspension" and click on a link to fill out a reinstatement reqeust.

I had listed some desinger items that I had never listed before. All the listings were ended before they had completed so no sales were actually completed on my account that was suspended.

Here's a bit of the email I received from ebay:

INS NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspended: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item

Dear xxxxx,

Your eBay account has been suspended for a minimum of seven days due to a violation of the eBay Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item policy. We suspended your account after carefully considering each violation and verifying that the correct action was taken.

*The message says a minimum of 7 days. Do you have any idea how long the suspension might be or if I even have a chance of being reinstated? I've seen some information and people stating 30 days - I've also seen people saying they have been suspended for a year!

Thanks again coopster72!
Old 09-28-2007
Banned

yep in order to get a 7 day suspension account reinstated your going to have to send all your life history info..DL/Bills/SS# etc///

Ditch the account and start a new one
Old 09-28-2007

Trademark Violation is a biggie. Is is possible that your items may have been mistaken as counterfeit? You may also have to provide proof that you have a distributer that you buy from. I would have to say 2-6 weeks. Maybe less though, I've read they have some quick verification now where you upload pictures of the items they request. Maybe that was just Paypal. Either way be patient and persistent.

You may also want to contact user tcho on this forum. They claim to work at Ebay, maybe they can help.
Old 09-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Hello coopster72, My items were mistaken as counterfeit and the listings were removed. I bought them from a local botique that was going out of business and was assured that they were genuine. What kind of pictures are you talking about having to upload? 2-6 weeks isn't so bad if I just knew for sure. Thanks again for your thoughts and I'll try sending a message to tcho!
Old 09-29-2007
Threadstarter  

I'm just trying to determine if it will be reinstated so I may sell again. This has been a real lesson for me - I'm sure that is the whole purpose of being suspended! (temporarily I hope!)
Old 09-29-2007
Executive [VIP]

I got 2 listings removed a few days ago for 'Trademark Violation', but never got suspended. I've listed them again since and sold a couple without problems.
Old 10-01-2007
Threadstarter  

It's been 5 business days and no word from ebay. The last email I received was from their cusotmer service and stated that the reinstatement review process would take 5 - 10 business days. Looks like I have another week of hoping my account gets reinstated.
Old 10-01-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I got 2 listings removed a few days ago for 'Trademark Violation', but never got suspended. I've listed them again since and sold a couple without problems.
dont relist.. u will be BANNED.... why risk losing ur account?
Old 10-01-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Last month, I had one item removed from my 120 items on auction and was not suspended. I then sold 6 versions of that same item with no issue.
Old 10-01-2007

its like 3 or 4 removals after that u get busted
Old 10-01-2007
Threadstarter  

I had 5+ listings removed at the same time and was suspended.