A new reason for eBay to suspend your account? Username used previously! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-27-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default A new reason for eBay to suspend your account? Username used previously!

A new reason for eBay to suspend your account!!!!!! Read this for sure!

You will not believe it but it’s true. After over 1 year and a half, my wife and I have had an account with eBay selling item and had maintained a spotless 100% positive feedback with some of the best feedback remarks you would ever find, then eBay suspended our new accounts. Yes, in the middle of the night, yahoo began yodeling out of control to the tune of 19 account suspensions. We had recently set up many new accounts after months of research, phone calls and faxes to set up accounts with wholesale suppliers and paying for OneSource etc. all with the intent of opening stores and having already opened one of them on a new eBay account. I was in the middle of uploading photos of product for one store when it started (the yodeling that is). It seems that eBay had allowed us to open an account that they should not have. Within minutes of registering this one new account we received an e-mail from someone wanting to know where an item they are purchased was. They stated that they had paid for it and had not received it. Bewildered, I sent this user a reply informing her (“her” is assumption based on user id) that I had no clue what she was talking about and let her know that I had just opened the account literally minutes prior to receiving her e-mail. I had not heard back for about a day and had assumed that she let eBay know of what happened and they would straighten it out. Well, the next day we received another similar message from another user wanting to know where their bed sheets they paid for were and why they had not received them. Folks, I have never sold a bed sheet in my life. Not even at a yard sale. Again I replied much the same and assumed that eBay would straighten it all out. BIG mistake on my part. My wife and I were so busy registering domain names and eBay accounts and conversing with suppliers that we had quickly forgotten all about the e-mails we had received from the two eBay users wanting their stuff that we hadn’t sold. Also, we had not received any further notices from the two users or eBay regarding this. Now after receiving all these suspension notices in the middle of the night, this morning (as I am typing this post) we have also received e-Bay mail informing us that all feedback we have posted (which is none) for all these accounts they are suspending will be removed. I am sorry if I am going on and on here but in order for you to understand the opus of what is an entirely new eBay threat you must read and understand all I am trying to convey. Basically, if you spend a lot of time establishing yourself and creating the stature of a trustworthy merchant on eBay, you are putting that all at risk and at the mercy of only one or two “imposable to please customers”. Most of us already know this. You can easily lose that “sterling feedback” record with only one or two negative strikes. What most of us (Myself included) don’t know however is that eBay’s monster computer can automatically nail you with suspended account notices because “they” (eBay) made a mistake. Ebay should not have allowed us to register the new account under a user id that some jerk had already used to bamboozle people out their money with. When we “click to check availability of user ID” it does not imply nor state that it is incumbent upon us to research the user ID prior to registering it ourselves. NEWS FLASH! Check any user ID you are considering for prior use to find out the history of that ID BEFORE you register it. We learned this the hard way and want to inform others of this detail which would be easily overlooked. As it stands, our first and oldest account is still in effect and not suspended but we don’t know what will happen to it because we cant get eBay on the phone or a reply to any e-mails as of yet. And that’s another thing, when you get the suspension notice; it is very nondescript and does not tell you exactly what you did wrong. Well, I checked the eBay policy and user agreement three times over last night and can tell you with 100% certainty that we did not violate anything in way shape or form. EBay has made the mistake and now we are being punished for it. They may correct it. They may not. We don’t know yet. But just think for a minute about all the time spent creating e-mail accounts, researching products, setting up eBay stores, ordering and paying for images and detailed data, uploading all that data i.e. photos/item description/etc. , phone calls, faxes sent and received, paying for business licenses, sales tax certificates, for all those new business ventures only to be smacked down in the middle of night by eBay’s automated system. I guess the moral to my story here is this: if you are inclined to create a new eBay user account, it would behoove you to prepare for the unknown and conduct extensive research into the history of the eBay user ID you wish to use. Thank you for reading our post and we hope this may help others avert a similar situation when creating a new user account with eBay. We will update information as we receive it regarding the status of what is now an absolute travesty of eBay user justice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2007
Executive [VIP]

I had the same thing with an account I recently opened. eBay allowed me to register the username, but when I tried to link it to PayPal, it said that this eBay username was already linked to a PayPal account in the past. Someone must have had that ID a few years back. Sadly, there is no way to check if that ID has been previously registered, as far as I know.
Old 09-27-2007
Threadstarter  

Love the photo. I was sure that I could not have been the first this happened to.
Old 09-28-2007

i wish i wasnt so lazy to read all that
Old 09-28-2007
Executive [VIP]

When I dream up new names I always check for the names' existance or similar names to it on ebay so I won't be potentially confused with anyone else.

The way I check to see if a name or ones similar to it exist is search for items by seller.
Old 09-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Did not think of that but it does not matter now. After going rounds with the same live chat and autoresponding email replies for a couple of days, we decided to close the only eBay account we had left. 100% positive with 84 score. I know. I'm a quiter but I just don't care anymore. I am completely drained by now and eBay just does'nt seem to give a sh*t. Well I lost a year and a half of perfect feedback and being well established in the eBay comunity due to their mistake. Maybe they will learn something from that and take steps to make sure it won't happen to someone else but I doubt it. All they would have to do is check your desired name against close matches belonging to eBay aholes. They never did tell us exactly what we did to be suspended and I know we did nothing wrong anyway. Maybe we have grounds for a law suit after all the time and money we spent with setting up accounts and suppliers and OneSource etc. Think I will go work on those webstores for the three domains we registered now. Maybe I will start with whatebay.com