Paypal Balance -2,300 help??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Paypal Balance -2,300 help???

Ok so i realize i am a idiot for this whole situation and it is largely my own fault but someone please help me and tell me what im supposed to do? So i sold on item on ebay i recieved funds withdrew them and then spent them. 1 day later the buyer disputes me for item being not as claimed. hes saying the item isnt in perfect condition so now hes disputing. i dont have the money to pay him back or re imburse the paypal account. the account is -2,300 right now. what is going to happen now? the account isnt stealth what is going to happen to me? what can i do. what is paypal going to do to me? what are my options please someone help i dont have the money now to pay back. what is paypal going to do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheadle View Post
Ok so i realize i am a idiot for this whole situation and it is largely my own fault but someone please help me and tell me what im supposed to do? So i sold on item on ebay i recieved funds withdrew them and then spent them. 1 day later the buyer disputes me for item being not as claimed. hes saying the item isnt in perfect condition so now hes disputing. i dont have the money to pay him back or re imburse the paypal account. the account is -2,300 right now. what is going to happen now? the account isnt stealth what is going to happen to me? what can i do. what is paypal going to do to me? what are my options please someone help i dont have the money now to pay back. what is paypal going to do?
First I understand that you are in panic now. But pleae stay clam, when there is a will there is a way.

I think it'd be good to talk with the buyer at this moment. Do you have the phone number of the buyer? You may ring him up and be sincere and honest, tell him you siutation and say that you cannot afford to pay him the original amount to him at this moment.(It's been proven that people are less likely going to yell or blame you as much on phone when compared to email communicaiton.)

Honestly, It'd just be lose-lose situation if the buyer files a claim to paypal as you don't have any money in your bank account. Paypal can do nothing about this and will normally tell the buyer that he's out of luck as there is no money in the sellers account and the case will be closed as far as I know.. However the buyer do have the right to bring this case to court. Try your very best to avoid this. Maybe you can think about a repayment plan (say 3 months?) and explain this to the seller.

Don't ever think about using your paypal account or your ebay account linked to this transaction anymore if you are not going to solve it(I am sorry but you are an a$$hole in this case).

This is just my 2 cents. Do keep us informed and good luck.
Old 01-17-2010
Threadstarter  

i have spoken with buyer over phone he wasnt very understanding at all. he was very mad and angry. he said he is filing claim. i dont think he will try and take it to court cause he is in state far away it would cost him at least 2 grand just to do all that and then he still would just break even with court costs and that is lot of work to. i dont think most people do that. and the item is in pretty good shape so i still dont think he would have much of a case. i am freaking out though i dont know whats going to happen. i might try and do payment plan with him if it comes to that. im definently never going to probably be able to use these accounts again. but that is it then paypal wont come after me for the money or my credit? they just going to tell buyer he is out of luck? well this sucks i do realize i was a$$hole in this case but wasnt trying to be. i thought it would be ok to withdraw money and everything would be fine. ty for your two cents.
Old 01-17-2010
Threadstarter  

do i have anything to worry about though? because these accounts are not "stealth" as you would say. i am just screwed because i already spent money i cannot refund him.
Old 01-17-2010
Threadstarter  

someone please help i am losing it i cant stay calm i am going nuts i dont know whats going to happen for sure. i have been smoking magic green grass non stop to stay calm im going nuts
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Hiya cheadle, yes of course that amount of money would cause anyone anxiety and panic.

I see you have taken Dells advice and spoken to the buyer and he is not happy.

Are you confident in the product you sold him? IE would you be happy with it if you received the same? I dont know what it is so I dont know why he is so angry as you say.

If he proceeds with the claim he will have to send the item back to you. If he does this then Paypal will refund him from your account.

Now what happens is Paypal will email you to remind you to rectify your negative balance of $2300.

If you do not then they will pass this onto a collection company (This is true for UK, sure US is similar, be good if US member can confirm)

Now as you have your real details on the account Paypal will always remember them.

Sometimes its best to bite the bullet and try to sort it out. Partial refund is best as its the quicker fix. However the buyer may have to return it for a full refund.

Thats about it really.
Old 01-17-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Hiya cheadle, yes of course that amount of money would cause anyone anxiety and panic.

I see you have taken Dells advice and spoken to the buyer and he is not happy.

Are you confident in the product you sold him? IE would you be happy with it if you received the same? I dont know what it is so I dont know why he is so angry as you say.

If he proceeds with the claim he will have to send the item back to you. If he does this then Paypal will refund him from your account.

Now what happens is Paypal will email you to remind you to rectify your negative balance of $2300.

If you do not then they will pass this onto a collection company (This is true for UK, sure US is similar, be good if US member can confirm)

Now as you have your real details on the account Paypal will always remember them.

Sometimes its best to bite the bullet and try to sort it out. Partial refund is best as its the quicker fix. However the buyer may have to return it for a full refund.

Thats about it really.

Yes, they will send it to a collections agency, however that's not really a big deal. The cool thing about this..... you don't have to pay it. Ever. It won't show up on your credit, and even if it does, you're fine.

This person can't take you to court. (They could, but they'll lose) They'd have to sue paypal.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2010

Longevity: 84%

Nothing to be scared and freaking out of this case if your sending product in a good condition as described.
I'm sure the buyer not gonna bring this case to court,if your location far away +100 km,even though if he ask for an advice from lawyer,it's useless,he'll gives it up as lawyer fees more than $2300
Im not sure if your product sending is as what you advertised to the buyer or not but i think the only best option now telling the buyer sending it back,you'll check it if it's good or not as original before you posting to him,you'll not refund the money to him.
if it's really faulty,admit your fault,be nice,polite and try to explain your situation, 95% the buyer will be rather accept a partly refund than wasting their time,headache and not sure if they will have a chance to win

However,you must be CREATIVE, not just smoking and being so nut if so im sorry to say this you not just an a$$hole,urs stupid.

Good Lucks
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Ringostar and Kingfish900 the same person and now Cheadle? seems fishy to me. I bet it's the same person.

I answered your questions already but you are still asking the same questions over and over.....

BooMer
Old 01-17-2010

I noticed this too Boomer.. Good eye!
Old 01-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

what was the item? if it's in that good of condition, why not just tell the buyer to resell it?

As a lessons learned, never spend the money before complete a transaction unless you already have that cushion in your account.
Old 01-17-2010

someone has a similar problem and asks a similar question and there you go again with your assumptions. cheadle i am having the same issue or similar problem but it is a higher dollar amount and the buyer is claiming its a completely different item rather then just being in bad shape. i however personally feel their is no valid way for the buyer to prove this and so long as the funds are in your possession then he is out of luck. however working the best you can to resolve the issue proper and in a civil manner is the most important. i however have been unsuccessful in doing this so he is out of luck. lay down the herb for a bit and clear your head. whether your item was as described or not, you were smart and made the right decision in removing the funds. because if you didnt, you would be in a more sticky situation where the buyer has all the control. however spending them all, not so wise.
Old 01-19-2010

I say try partial refund to make him happy.
Old 01-19-2010

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 85%

Correct me If I'm wrong but I think the safest thing to do is wait until he at least leaves feedback to spend all the money.
In some rare cases the buyer would want a refund for some reason even after he leaves a positive feedback.

What do you think?
Old 01-19-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Old 01-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Are you all sorted on this topic now chead?
Old 01-19-2010

Here is what you do point blank.

Call buyer again.
Tell buyer to send package back to you with a tracking number.
Tell the buyer you don't have the money for immediate refund.
Tell buyer you will re-list it on your ebay name before it arrives back to you. (This will keep from fast negs against your feedback cause now the buyer will be more involved in getting your/their money back.)
Tell the buyer as soon as it sells you will ship it to the new buyer and you will revise the auction with the 1st buyers input so the description is accurate %100.

Tell the buyer you will wait until the 2nd buyer receives the item to confirm nothing is wrong with it outside of the description (in case the 1st buyer tampered with item or did a switch around.)

After second buyer is happy refund the money to first buyer.

This is about as honest you are going to get. No shame in telling someone you are broke.

If the first buyer does not like this idea tell them paypal isn't refunding anything cause there is nothing in the account to refund.
The Following User Says Thank You to ONE For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (01-19-2010)
Old 01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheadle View Post

keep in mind advertising an item in "perfect condition" implies brand new to some buyers on ebay.

i would get the $2300 back and refund him ASAP.

Last edited by username; 01-19-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2010

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Yes, they will send it to a collections agency, however that's not really a big deal. The cool thing about this..... you don't have to pay it. Ever. It won't show up on your credit, and even if it does, you're fine.

This person can't take you to court. (They could, but they'll lose) They'd have to sue paypal.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
It shows up on your credit score, and they will keep pushing it further and further.
Old 01-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

That depends. I dont know how it works for the US but if you adhere to the stealth rules then I imagine that it would be hard for entries to be made on your credit score.

I have checked my credit score and it seems to be clean as a whistle, only details of credit cards and use, (most dormant)

I think if they have your real details thats when things pop up on credit scores.
Old 01-20-2010

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
That depends. I dont know how it works for the US but if you adhere to the stealth rules then I imagine that it would be hard for entries to be made on your credit score.

I have checked my credit score and it seems to be clean as a whistle, only details of credit cards and use, (most dormant)

I think if they have your real details thats when things pop up on credit scores.
Right and I think the OP said it was made with real information. I mean if they have his phone number and whatnot its probably a real account and not stealth. If they have your name and your address your effed. Also, if it was $15.00 that is one thing, but a negative $-2,300.00 is a ****ton of money to default on. When I got popped for negative $200 on my first real Paypal account they sent it to collections. I just paid the $200 its not worth it to me to have that big black mark on my score. I can only imagine what $2,300 would do. Also, I have heard that on high amounts like that collections agencies may take you to court over it as well. And if they have all your real information, theres nothing you can do...
Old 01-20-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you all for your input and help. however their are some conflicting answers? some people are saying that it doesnt matter and theres nothing paypal can really do and it wont go on my credit score. others are saying it will go on my credit score and they will stop at nothing. it just doesnt make sense to me how paypal can just go around ruining peoples credit solely on the word of some buyer who has no proof to back what hes saying. also the account isnt stealth its my real info, and i also used the paypal debit card to withdraw all the funds. is this going to be a problem as will since i withdrew the funds and spent with the paypal debit card? how could there be nothing i can do. how is it that im screwed when the buyer has no proof or anything to back his claim? i dont understand this, at the end of the day neither of us have proof of anything and its his word vs mine. well i am still curious as for certain if paypal can and will ruin my credit of this. and also i am wonder of i could face legal repercussions. thanks everyone. again the item was as described and he recieved the correct item. but theres no way i can give him all the money back and just take a total loss on my item. however what if i offered a 50% refund? and said he could just keep the item?