PayPal UNLINKED my Bank Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default PayPal UNLINKED my Bank Account

Hey Everyone!
I need HELP.

So I purchased eBay Stealth Read it...FOUR Time and still use it as a reference.
I LOVE it.

but help!
I made my eBay account using a Version of my real name...and since I just so happened to be moving into a new place in a new borough I used my new REAL address...I opened another bank account in my name with my current bank. I linked that new account to paypal. and it seemed like everything was fine

so i was tooling around on ebay...and found my favorite video game from my childhood...so i purchased it since I thought it was cheap but not sooo cheap that it looked like I was manipulating feedback. the item was $10.15 so I bought it THEN transferred the money from my new acct. to my new paypal acct...it said something about an echeck that would clear on Jan 21. Jan 20 I check my e-mail and it said PayPal had a problem with my account and delinked it...therefore making me no longer verified...thank god im not limited yet or suspended....but what do i do??? they want me to send them a copy of my drivers license and they have blocked my bank account

should i open another account and link that? or should i "edit" mylicense so it has the same name and d.o.b as i used for ebay

help!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2010

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

It's probably because you transferred money from your bank account. Don't do that, paypal can see the name on your bank account when you transfer money to your paypal. However when you transfer money from paypal to the bank account, paypal cannot see the name.
Old 01-25-2010

Longevity: 94%

but didnt he say he did a variation of his name. shouldnt have made that big a difference then. unless of course its just a HUGE variation. If your name is Peter and you put pete that shouldnt raise any alarms.
Old 01-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Post a copy of the ACTUAL notice from paypal. Then it can be checked.
You may be confusing 'words'.
The notice may just be that paypal want you to confirm who you are.
Old 01-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Hello Blah Blah Blah,

On , we attempted to transfer $10.15 USD from your bank account, ending in . This transfer was returned by your bank on for the reason below:

There was a bank processsing error.

As a result, this bank account has been removed from your PayPal account. Please contact your bank for more information or add a new bank account. Please do not contact PayPal because this is entirely an issue between the account holder and their bank.

Thanks,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
Old 01-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Thanks for the reply. Paypal blah blah email are sent lots of times.

What bank was it? Like lakeman said, they might have picked up on the name
Old 01-25-2010
Threadstarter  

so what i was going to do...was add another account (a savings acct) and use that routing number and acct number for paypal...will the remedy the situation?
Old 01-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Thanks for the reply. Paypal blah blah email are sent lots of times.

What bank was it? Like lakeman said, they might have picked up on the name
Bank of America
Old 02-04-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Maybe the bank refused it due to the name discrepancy. SO therefore Paypal unlinked it.
Old 02-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I had this the other day. I transferred £300 from PP to my bank, now the money got to my bank ok, but I got the email as above and the bank was removed.

This is strange as the wording on the PP email suggested that they tries to debit money from the bank account, which was not the case at all.

I rang the bank and checked that the debot debit instruction was good, and it was.

So I reconnected the same bank account to paypal and got the deposits again, and it seems to be ok. Will see next time I attempt a withdrawal from PP to bank.
Old 02-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Just to let you know that I had the same message as you, my bank account was removed. I added the same bank account again and it now works no problem.

Must be a glitch of some sort, just try adding it again.
Old 02-05-2010

Longevity: 95%

If you guys use a stored value card as a bank IE metabank/Greendot/netspend these will work and get the depiost and even work for w/ds but if your a high risk seller makeing alot of money through paypal they will remove it and request you use a real bank. Cause they dont want you pulling alot of money through paypal then if something gose sour which seems to always happen with paypal they cant get in your account and steal the money from you to lock it up in your paypal account when u get limted.
Old 02-05-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
It's probably because you transferred money from your bank account. Don't do that, paypal can see the name on your bank account when you transfer money to your paypal. However when you transfer money from paypal to the bank account, paypal cannot see the name.
I've used bank of america for years, wrote many echecks through paypal with the names never matching. There had to have been something else to cause this. Either insufficient funds, or suspicious activity... or maybe it was before the bank account was confirmed.

If you provide more info, we can probably help you. In the future, I would recommend spending money from whatever card you add to the account. eChecks are not the best method to pay someone, in my opinion. (very hard to charge back if you need to)