Need To Sell Item Fast / Alternatives? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-21-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Need To Sell Item Fast / Alternatives?

my long standing account was recently suspended from ebay. i am in need of funds immidiately and have to sell my laptop.

it is an expensive laptop. an item i wont be able to just post and sell on a new ebay account without feedback.

creating a new account and building up feedback could take a few weeks. i dont really have that kind of time. i have over due

medical bills and some business debt and its going to go on my credit shortly if i cant get them paid of within the next week i was told. so im trying

to find an alternative to being able to get this laptop sold asap so i cant get some funds. im expecting to get around 2,500 for it at the minimum.

thats the below average amount going on ebay for my laptop. pawn shop seems to be my only option right now they said they would give me 55% of

that amount as did a few other computer stores, which is a total rip. so my question is does anyone know of any other sites, similar to ebay

where i might be able to sell this item quickly, and avoid all the hassles id get with ebay. without having to worry about feedback, age of the account

etc. if someone could please help or knows of a decent site with event a small or decent amount of traffic that doesnt put such restriction on new

accounts that would be great because im on a short time table here. thanks

Last edited by Observer84; 02-21-2010 at 12:51 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

You can try craigslist. That is probably your only option for no one holding your funds/shutting you down.
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

i have, i had a listing up there for about a month. and got no real responses. few offers

for about half of that, 1,200. and its pretty much brand new, and a top of the line

gaming laptop. soo their arent any sites out there where i could get this thing sold within

the week or two and not get shut down? i dont know i think its kind of ridiculous the

restrictions ebay puts on new sellers but i guess i can understand it from their position,

sort of. been selling on there a while though with the same account. put it up on a new

account the thing got pulled down in like 10 hours and the account was suspended.
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Double check a Trading Assistant. Might work. Might not
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

trading assistant? ive checked all local places, and craigslist. every offer i

have got would be practically giving my item away. its a high end laptop like

i said one of the most popular ones out there for gamers and high tech users.

it has a strong market. their seriously are no auction sites or fixed rate sites where i

would be able to sell it?
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Maybe check a trading assistant on ebay, that's what I was meant
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

has anyone tried any of the following auction sites or know if i would be able

to sell my laptop withouth restrictions/funds held on any of the following sites?

ubid
ioffer.com
ebid.com
bonanzle.com
bidorbuy.com
AuctionFire
AuctionQuests
Bid-Alot
Bid4Assets
BiddersNSellers
BidVille
BluJay
BuyItSellIt
Bidz
webidz
epier
auction wharehouse
its gotta go
auction addict
bid alot
dell auction
gsa auction
auction weiser
buy.com
ecrater.com
rubylane
artfire

i mean one of these has to work or have less restrictions right?
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

i see. you mean, find someone else to sell the laptop for me. not quite sure how i go

about finding someone to do that. and im sure their is some percentage, or fee involved.
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

anyone tried or used any of the above sites i mentioned and know

if they have less restrictions on new sellers, and dont hold funds?
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer84 View Post
i see. you mean, find someone else to sell the laptop for me. not quite sure how i go

about finding someone to do that. and im sure their is some percentage, or fee involved.
Go to Ebay and type in Trading Assistant in the help box and then it will ask you for your zip code for it to give you a list of Trading Assistants in your area. They can sell it for you on Ebay
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
Observer84 (02-21-2010)
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

i see. thank you. is there some type of fee or percentage involved that i have to pay?

im stil wondering about any of those other sites, if any will work to sell it if i make a new

account?
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes their is a fee involved but that is set by each Trading Assistant as these are just people who just cosign merchandise to sell on Ebay. When you look them up on Ebay it will give you the list and what each person charges. I would contact a few and explain to them your situation and get them to compete back and forth for your business. Tell them that you will supply the photos and package it up yourself so they don't have to do any of that stuff. Make it the least amount of work for them and the less I would think they would charge you. Good Luck!
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

ok thanks, im still interested in some of these other sites though if i would be able

to sell it on any of those do you know? and will a trading assistant just sell it for me even though

i dont have a ebay account and ive been suspended? theyll just post the auction for

me and then where would the funds go? what account would the funds go to? thanks
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes a trading assistant will post it on Ebay for you. When it sells the buyer will pay the trading assistant thru Paypal and then the trading assistant will pay you. You can try another one of those sites but if it does sell it wouldn't be for nearly what it will sell for one Ebay. Ebay is the #1 auction site that everybody goes to. And if this computer is worth what you say it is why would you risk selling it on another site and having it sell for less than what you can get a pawn shop??? I assume you have done your homework and been watching Ebay to see what the average this exact same computer has been selling for.
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

i see, well then i would be putting alot of faith in the trading assistant then, a person i dont even know. and also im sure the fee i pay wont be much l

less then the loss i would take selling it on another site. i have looked on many of those sites and my laptop has sold on some of them for around 2,200

up to 2,800 so its not much different then ebay really. i have researched some of these other sites, the only thing i cant

figure out is if i post my computer on there on a new account with one of these sites will my auction be taken down or funds be held. i dont want to

have to sign up for everysingle site to find out only to have it not work out. would just like to know ahead of time.

i have seen other people sell my laptop on quite a few of those sites. im not so much interested in the trading assistant thing, that will be my last

resort or option. i can get much more for it on one of those sites then i can a pawn shop. its just a matter if any of the sites has restrictions on

new accounts that will allow or wont allow me to do that is what im trying to find out. this laptop is one of the top gaming laptops in the world,

it could sell just about anywhere, just pawn shops and local computers stores and people on craigslist will make cheap offers to try and score a

good deal, their are people out there that will pay top dollar, and they arent just all on ebay. their has to be other places to sell this thing, i know

there is, its just a matter if i can get it done and the site will permit a new account to do so???

Last edited by Observer84; 02-21-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Did you look on these sites and see the people who are currently selling them what kind of feedback they have? How new are they to the site? Also how would you get your money from one of these sites?
Old 02-21-2010

Longevity: 90%

is this alienware area 51 laptop?
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

i have looked on the sites yes the laptop has sold on many of those sites

however most the accounts i saw had been around a while, my laptop is selling

on some of those sites for a reasonably good price. a few of the accounts had little

feedback but most had alot. most those sites payment can be made through paypal

their is a list of preferences you can choose from for the payment you want. so

i imagine the funds being held wouldnt be an issue cause it wouldnt be through ebay

and paypal isnt contracted with those sites, so the issue would just be if any of these

sites puts restrictions on new selllers trying to sell higher end items, which is what

im still wondering.