Had to do a non receipt dispute, then sends me empty envenlope with tracking...what? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-05-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Had to do a non receipt dispute, then sends me empty envenlope with tracking...what?

Ok (i am running on a stealth account).....I purchased an auction, never received it, after almost 30 days and no communication from the seller, I opened an item not received dispute...seller prints out label via paypal with tracking and I get an empty envelope....what can I do???? Can I open a not received as described dispute now??? Isnt the claim automatically closed once the tracking shows "delivered"? This is a powerseller with high ratings "top rated" and this was a classified ad type auction. She has regular auctions as well as classified ad auctions. Please help, thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ok, the postage label may state weight, and if it is an item that should have weighed more - thats in your favour

get in touch with seller- is it a mistake maybe?

generally though, tracking is all paypal use to determine..so if you are going to try and dispute, act quick
needhelpplease (03-07-2010)
Old 03-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks! If it was an honest mistake on the sellers part I wouldnt know it because they have not emailed me back or anything. For some reason when I purchase items on ebay that are NOT printed out on paypal shipping labels, sellers have interchanged my po box numbers. Twice already I had packages marked as "delivered" by the post office and the post office would put them in the right box according to what was on the package. Thank God whomever actually owns that po box gave the packages back to the post office who than took the time to match my name with my po box number. But anyhow, I looked up in paypal "help" and it stated that I can change the status of 'reason for claim' and it tells me how to do it, but that option button doesnt appear on my 'view details' of the dispute. Is it safe to email paypal directly about this????????? since I am running on a stealth account???????????? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post
Ok (i am running on a stealth account).....I purchased an auction, never received it, after almost 30 days and no communication from the seller, I opened an item not received dispute...seller prints out label via paypal with tracking and I get an empty envelope....what can I do???? Can I open a not received as described dispute now??? Isnt the claim automatically closed once the tracking shows "delivered"? This is a powerseller with high ratings "top rated" and this was a classified ad type auction. She has regular auctions as well as classified ad auctions. Please help, thanks!
Did you do a request for details of the seller: did you try to make contact by phone? This can be troublesome when you run stealth accounts. You need to ask yourself is there any item worth buying if the seller fails to deliver the goods? I'm referring to items over say $50.00. Try for the details & see if you can get a phone no#. You never know what might happen yet. What was the FB like on the account?
Old 03-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks! I did call and leave a message, and I got a text back stating that the item was shipped. She didnt try calling me back, instead just texted me?!?!?!?! She does have a few "never received item" comments, but she is a powerseller and most of her feedback is good and we know ebay feedback so not that I take it with a grain of salt, but the fact that you can leave negative feedback stating ANYTHING under the sun I dont have a problem buying from sellers who have a few neg comments especially when they are powersellers. I cant remeber a time when I purchased from anyone with less than a 99% rating. I have purchased THOUSANDS of items off of ebay over the years and all though I have had a few problem sellers, I am still addicted to Ebay...how horrible I know! But it ticks me off everytime something similar to this does happen! I am just going to wait and see if I can see the option button to change the reason for dispute and if not than I guess I lose out on that money. It was close to $50 so I am not happy about it. But karma is a ..... so she will get hers.

Thanks to all who took the time to help me!
Old 03-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

in empty envelope scenario with tracking - best dispute is always SND - why? that way pp will allow you to send them back what they sent you for a refund, send it back with tracking (empty envelope!) Whether it be a mistake or deliberate...you dont have to get in to drama of your word against theirs..

so you are changing from empty envelope to snd - hmmm, dont know if theyll buy that...

update us though!
Old 03-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

In my opinion that seller is just trying to run a scam on you. Because on Paypal you are only allowed to open 1 dispute per transaction and can not change the type of dispute once it is filed. So they sell something and then wait around for a month for you to get fed up and file a non receipt claim and then just send you a empty envelope/package with a tracking number which is uploaded to Paypal. Once Paypal sees the package is delivered they will close the claim and consider the matter settled. You can't go and reopen a new claim. That is why you should file a claim thru Ebay with the buyer protection program instead of Paypal and then when the item arrives and if it isn't correct then you still have the option of filing a claim with Paypal. Sorry to hear your situation and hope it works out for you
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Have you tried messaging them on ebay? What did they text you?
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010

Longevity: 90%

this is just one of them ways to scam a buyer off ebay. it's a simple 3 part step. 1. buyer pays for item.2.seller stalls until buyer opens item not received.3 seller ships a empty package, paypal close dispute. so yea it's best to open item not as describe.
The Following User Says Thank You to diplomatx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Have you tried messaging them on ebay? What did they text you?
Just that "the item was shipped".
Old 03-07-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
in empty envelope scenario with tracking - best dispute is always SND - why? that way pp will allow you to send them back what they sent you for a refund, send it back with tracking (empty envelope!) Whether it be a mistake or deliberate...you dont have to get in to drama of your word against theirs..

so you are changing from empty envelope to snd - hmmm, dont know if theyll buy that...

update us though!
I didnt get the empty envelope until after I opened the item not received dispute since at that time I didnt recieve anything or any communication. I hadnt a clue that this powerseller would do something like that, I was in shock. I hadnt contacted paypal in regards to the envelope being empty at all, so they know nothing about it. I figured she did it on purpose and I was/am waiting for the option to "change reason for dispute" button to come up on the paypal dispute page. Give her a taste of her own medicine and maybe I will put a smiley face sticker in it when I return her envelope,lol! According to Paypal "help" pages you are able to change a not received dispute to not received as described....again according to their "help" pages. The dispute is still open so paypal hasnt closed it yet, but the option to change the reason for dispute hasnt shown up yet but I guess we will see.
Old 03-08-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Were the funds paid from a credit card, or the paypal balance?
Old 03-08-2010
Threadstarter  

paypal balance.
Old 03-08-2010
MU

I tried to look in the posts... but have you tried to call paypal?

Also, I would try to blow her phone up. Call it ten times a day. Fill up her voice mail. Do you know if it's a sprint or verizon number?
Old 03-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post
I didnt get the empty envelope until after I opened the item not received dispute since at that time I didnt recieve anything or any communication. I hadnt a clue that this powerseller would do something like that, I was in shock. I hadnt contacted paypal in regards to the envelope being empty at all, so they know nothing about it. I figured she did it on purpose and I was/am waiting for the option to "change reason for dispute" button to come up on the paypal dispute page. Give her a taste of her own medicine and maybe I will put a smiley face sticker in it when I return her envelope,lol! According to Paypal "help" pages you are able to change a not received dispute to not received as described....again according to their "help" pages. The dispute is still open so paypal hasnt closed it yet, but the option to change the reason for dispute hasnt shown up yet but I guess we will see.
ok, in which case, calling paypal, might allow you to change type of sipute, but again - the tracking is all seller needs - have you considered the weight issue, was it a light object?
Old 03-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Paypal decided in her favor because of tracking, oh well....did you know there is a "paypal community" ON paypal.com that trashes paypal?!??!?!?!?! That made for great reading. Come to find out there is no REAL option to change reason of dispute, paypal claims there is a button, but according to the forum on there it never showed up for ANY of the others and they all state calling paypal will not help. And yes, the envelope I received stated on they label 1 oz! I would like to say I cant believe this, but it is paypal we are talking about here.
Old 03-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
I tried to look in the posts... but have you tried to call paypal?

Also, I would try to blow her phone up. Call it ten times a day. Fill up her voice mail. Do you know if it's a sprint or verizon number?
I dont know...I just dont feel right doing that. I am a firm believer in karma, so I am sure she will do this to the "right" person and get what she deserves.
Old 03-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
ok, in which case, calling paypal, might allow you to change type of sipute, but again - the tracking is all seller needs - have you considered the weight issue, was it a light object?
Did paypal get any english speaking reps yet??? When I had my non-stealth account I had to call a few times and I could NEVER understand them nor did I EVER receive any real help from them EVER! I am for sure paypal flags accounts that somehow get brought to their attention so emailing/calling them is not something I feel would result in any sort of help for me in this situation. Especially since I have auctions up and running. It is what it is.
Old 03-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I would fight this all the way. One thing I do not know is that when you purchased the item did you specify your real address?

I know what can happen as I did this once. I purchased an item and my ebay account was stealth IE not my address, I paid by Paypal then I contacted the seller to say "The item is a gift for my friend, please can they send to their address and I will pay the extra for tracking"

I also offer my phone number so they can call me if necessary.

What can happen with stealth ebay account when making a purchase is that a keen switched on seller will send the item out as soon as paid for with the address that is on file with ebay so you wont get the item.

So anytime I buy something with a stealth ebay, I email them and confirm they will send to another address.

Some buyers put the small note in Paypal asking for "posting to another address", now I dont know about you but I hardly ever see these notes before I post an item as they are hidden away. Then the buyer complains when it doesnt go to the address specified.

Bottom line is you need to ensure that the seller has the address where you want to receive the item. Even go as far as to get contact information through ebay and talk to them as some people dont check their email much or dismiss messages, or they simply dont register.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
needhelpplease (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

SOrry to hear about this trickster. We know Karma will get her derriere. For you, here are some lessons:
Make contact with the seller before any bidding, In fact I stick to BINs
as that can be quicker.
If the seller has more than x2 negatives....don't be the third. There's a track record there. Look closely at the item. For the boys, the only item should be Paris Hilton's ..,,,,, & for the gals, maybe Antonio Banders'......only if it's under $20 consider buying. Get the idea?
anything goes sour, go to ebay first for resolution. They tend to be better. paypal will not be as good. If you buy & paypal watch how to fund this
Hope the seller gets a big bite soon
needhelpplease (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
SOrry to hear about this trickster. We know Karma will get her derriere. For you, here are some lessons:
Make contact with the seller before any bidding, In fact I stick to BINs
as that can be quicker.
If the seller has more than x2 negatives....don't be the third. There's a track record there. Look closely at the item. For the boys, the only item should be Paris Hilton's ..,,,,, & for the gals, maybe Antonio Banders'......only if it's under $20 consider buying. Get the idea?
anything goes sour, go to ebay first for resolution. They tend to be better. paypal will not be as good. If you buy & paypal watch how to fund this
Hope the seller gets a big bite soon
Thanks GreenBean!
Old 03-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I would fight this all the way. One thing I do not know is that when you purchased the item did you specify your real address?

I know what can happen as I did this once. I purchased an item and my ebay account was stealth IE not my address, I paid by Paypal then I contacted the seller to say "The item is a gift for my friend, please can they send to their address and I will pay the extra for tracking"

I also offer my phone number so they can call me if necessary.

What can happen with stealth ebay account when making a purchase is that a keen switched on seller will send the item out as soon as paid for with the address that is on file with ebay so you wont get the item.

So anytime I buy something with a stealth ebay, I email them and confirm they will send to another address.

Some buyers put the small note in Paypal asking for "posting to another address", now I dont know about you but I hardly ever see these notes before I post an item as they are hidden away. Then the buyer complains when it doesnt go to the address specified.

Bottom line is you need to ensure that the seller has the address where you want to receive the item. Even go as far as to get contact information through ebay and talk to them as some people dont check their email much or dismiss messages, or they simply dont register.
Hi! I do use a real PO Box address that is both registered and confirmed. It is my PO Box so I have access to it. It is both the address that is registered with ebay as well as paypal so the seller definitely has access to my address and no other address. This is my first only ever stealth account and i have had it for almost a year......so come to think of it....I have been on this forum for a year????..........seems like only yesterday! LOL! I did get her phone number prior to opening the dispute with paypal and I had tried emailing her more than enough times prior to even trying to call her. The part that bothers me is that it was for my kids, not for me, so that ticked me off when I got the empty envelope. But my point is that I purchased this stealth account from here and if I try and persue this than I run the risk of bringing attention to myself and it will probably cost me almost the $50 I lost already to get another stealth account.....so I am just going to take it as a lesson learned since in my situation it is just not worth the hassle. I have 100% feedback with 4.9-5.0 detailed ratings and never left anyone a negative comment and I dont feel like having to start over.