ioffer account under temp review - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default ioffer account under temp review

I have an ioffer account since Jan 2010. It was a buyer account and I was trying to set up a seller account with ioffer but it did not take my credit cards. Every time I input my credit cards info, it kept bringing me back to the credit card form. Those credit cards are real credit cards that I've been using for many years. So I just have $20 deposit at ioffer and I never expect I will sell anything because ioffer limits youre listing categories.

Today, surprisingly, I sold a dvd boxed set under god knows category. So I wanted to upgrade to a seller account. I ran to Royal Bank to get a prepaid Visa card. I registered my ioffer matching information on the card and tried to add the card.

After adding the card, my account is now under temp review. I did not know what is going on. I checked my prepaid Visa and ioffer charged $1 authorization fee already.

Did anyone have similar experience? Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2010

ioffer sucks man, same thing happened with me with the card info. i entered 3 different cards and it would just reload and not accept the card.

ioffer sucks because they basically find a way to screw over legit sellers or people who want to buy. yet 75% of the people on that site are scam artists and looking to steal money and ioffer lets them sell high priced items. site is a joke.
Old 02-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Yes, I tried two cards and it just wouldn't take them. So I emailed customer support and they just told me to try other cards. They wouldn't take my legit cards and VCC and now they put my account under review and asked me to clear my balance. WTF, I have $16 in the account.
Old 02-22-2010
Threadstarter  

This is what I got from ioffer:

iOffer Thank you for your message.

Your account was automatically restricted by our system.

Please explain why the name on the credit card you attempted to use does not match with your personal information.

For the safety of our community all members must provide valid account information on all their ID's. Real full name first and last required, verifiable mailing address and working phone number that you can be reached at for verification. No initials,nicknames,user ID's or invalid location names or website links will be considered for your membership account user information.

I used a pre paid gift card from RBC and registered it online with same information that I used on ioffer. Does anyone know if it's the gift card coz problem or what? Thanks!
Old 03-13-2010

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqinjail View Post
Please explain why the name on the credit card you attempted to use does not match with your personal information.
I've used some types of giftcards where you can actually go on the card company's website and enter an address and other information for the particular giftcard you purchase, and a lot of times they actually recommend that you do this before you use the card online. Did the one you used give you the option to do this?
Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 78%

My IOffer selling account is placed on hold for a lack of buyer feedback in recent transactions. My IOffer Account is under review and my items have been temporarily removed from my store.
My Ioffer account was opened as a seller on August 03, 2010
My IOffer account was restricted about 6 times in 2 months becouse of this policy :
iOffer: Why is my account restricted for recent unrated transactions?
When I sold 3 items my account is restricted and I have to wait my buyer to leave Positive feedback and my account is reopen again, then When I sold again 3 items then again is restricted.......
Someone know :
-- How many Month more have this Policy-Restriction an IOffer account ??
-- Same as ebay 90 days selling Limit ??
Thank You !
Old 04-04-2011

Longevity: 75%
Default Ioffer customer service sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by multipleuno View Post
My IOffer selling account is placed on hold for a lack of buyer feedback in recent transactions. My IOffer Account is under review and my items have been temporarily removed from my store.
My Ioffer account was opened as a seller on August 03, 2010
My IOffer account was restricted about 6 times in 2 months becouse of this policy :
iOffer: Why is my account restricted for recent unrated transactions?
When I sold 3 items my account is restricted and I have to wait my buyer to leave Positive feedback and my account is reopen again, then When I sold again 3 items then again is restricted.......
Someone know :
-- How many Month more have this Policy-Restriction an IOffer account ??
-- Same as ebay 90 days selling Limit ??
Thank You !

I, too, have recently begun selling on Ioffer and have run into this brick wall of "Account Under Review" after making a sale of an item (btw, they do it to me after EVERY sale, not three!).

I recently reached the magic number of ten positve feedbacks and got my little gold shield or star or whatever the hell they call it thay verifies me as a "trusted seller", and I thought the restrictions would vanish after this...

Well, they didn't. The frustrating thing is that nowhere in their FAQ or in an email reply from an customer service (if you're lucky enough to get an actual person to respond to you) will they SPECIFICALLY TELL YOU HOW MANY +++ FEEDBACKS YOU NEED TO GET THESE RESTRICTIONS TO GO AWAY!!!

I'd like to just how long I have to put up with this crap because not only is my selling restricted, but I can't list any new items for sale while the restrictions are in place.

I read on another message board someone mentioned that after 30 +++ feedbacks the account hold goes away, but he didn't state how he came by this figure so I don't know if he pulled that number out of his butt or what.

Considering they take a nice chunk from every sale (sometimes as much as 25%), you'd think they'd want to keep not only their Buyers but their Sellers happy, too.
Old 04-04-2011

Longevity: 80%

I had that problem with ioffer and the cards not being accepted. I would recommend clearing everything from browser like cookies,etc and then trying it again. It worked for me. ****JUST DONT DO IT IF YOU ARE ON EBAY**** use a different user profile for ioffer.

I have never had any problem with the feedback and sales - not sure about that
Old 09-10-2012

Longevity: 77%

Over a year ago, when I started selling on ioffer, they seemed to have such problem. I tried with many CC, each of them was charged about $1-2 and nothing really happened. It just redirected me to the account verification page again. I email customer support and about a month since then, my account got approved...
Now it seems they don't have such a crap. You can instantly enter the charged amount (between $1 and $2) and the account will be upgraded to seller's.
If it sill redirects you, just open support ticket. Cookies have nothing to this.
Old 09-10-2012

Longevity: 77%

I also wonder how many postivie feedback enough to get rid of this stupid "account under review" limitation. Seems like 30 is really pulled out of somebody's butt. I have now only 25 which I post myself from verious accounts and still the account gets limited after every single purchase (I have about 6 unrated transactions).
Most probably you can get rid of that **** only by hitting some feedback score (it has nothing to other parameters as what type of items you sell, whether do you have COPS or not or how old your account is). I have a couple of accounts which are registered more than a year ago and the same **** is happening to them as well when I have 7 unrated sales...
Old 03-31-2019

Longevity: 29%
Default Re: ioffer account under temp review

I have had an Ioffer sellers account since Aug 2014. I have a feedback of 100% on 248 items sold. I am using PayPal for transactions. Earlier this month I went to Ioffer to upload a new item and was unable to do so, this error message was on the site:

"Item listings, transfers and bulk uploads are currently disabled. Please check back soon for updates."

I checked my inventory and all my items were gone. I sent email to Helpdesk and the following reply was received:

"Heather iOffer, Mar 18, 11:23 PDT:
To improve the iOffer buyer/seller community we are verifying new and existing sellers. Your account may be limited, however order management is available and you can continue to service prior transactions. We will contact you via email should we require additional information. Otherwise, we will let you know if and when full access has been restored. We appreciate your patience and look forward to providing you with new and improved services in the near future.

I have been an excellent seller on Ioffer for nearly five years. This situation is perplexing. What the hell is going on at Ioffer?
Old 04-01-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

topic was started already elsewhere. there's a crackdown on f.a.k.e.s on their site once again so they took everyone down for now.
Old 04-02-2019

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%

there is no time frame for accounts to be up back for selling . it can takes months if they really "verifying new and existing sellers"

maybe opening a new account will give the option to sell ?
Old 04-04-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
topic was started already elsewhere. there's a crackdown on f.a.k.e.s on their site once again so they took everyone down for now.
Are you "insinuating" that f@kes are being sold on ioffer? lol.....
Old 04-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

how do they stay alive. i would think by now regulators know ioffer will never stop.
Old 04-05-2019

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
how do they stay alive. i would think by now regulators know ioffer will never stop.
cat with 9 lives
Old 04-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilan316 View Post
cat with 9 lives
Meh - bogus.