PayPal account Locked forever, $5000 still on it - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-11-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default PayPal account Locked forever, $5000 still on it

hello everyone, recently i got kicked off ebay and my paypal account was also closed the next day. Anyway im back on ebay selling but there is no way I can use paypal anymore. Is there anyway I can make a new paypal account and continue using it without having ebay or paypal locking it up?? The problem is my old paypal account has all my info, SS numbers, credit cards, drivers license passport and all that stuff. I sell high value goods and everytime there is alot of money coming through paypal, they ask for additional information. Please help me asap, I need to get a new paypal account but im afraid they are going to freeze it also. The 5000 should be available in 180 days, maybe that will help me save up my money and not blow it. anyway please help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2007
Executive [VIP]

Am I right to assume you're in the US? If so, you probably can't get around in getting another PayPal account, since they want your SIN. If you're outside the US, it's pretty easy, since they cannot verify your identity, only your card and bank account (and even there not your name), you can just open a new account in a different name.
Old 09-11-2007
Threadstarter  

basically i only had one paypal account running and all updated with all my info ss number, bank and passports, all that they ever aske for. Now that account got locked up and money will be only available for 180 days. they tell me i can never use paypal again. told me that over the phone. just trying to see if its possible to ever use paypal again with maybe a different name or something like that or maybe there is a way of going around all of that.
Old 09-11-2007

Read allot of the post here, you will find your answer.

If you had read the many post and owner section you would already have the known the answer, this section covers all your questions

Everyone likes to help each other but this is a very simple question that could be answered real fast by reading.
Old 09-11-2007

How about a business account with a dba...or if that isn't enough a business account with an LLC and FEIN? That will cost you a few hundred bucks to set up, but based on the volume you must be doing would be worth it.

This might be a dumb question, but with the amount you must be running through your business why do you want to use PP at all? Why not get a merchant account or similar that will still enable you to accept CCs?
Old 09-11-2007
Threadstarter  

i will probably get a merchant account. Not sure which one to go with, so man out there. Do you guys know how much it will cost me to set up one and what the fees are if there are any???
Old 09-12-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

check ccnow.com

very easy set up but you can't get your money for 30 days after opening the account...after that you get deposits on the 1st & 15th of each month
Old 09-12-2007
Executive [VIP]

who is better...i would be interested for an easy sign-up process that takes paypal
Old 10-01-2007

Longevity: 97%

I am a bit confused here. What is the difference between Bidpay and a merchant account? They both accept credit cards,right?? and what else ??how you accept payment from a Paypal user if you do not have a PP account ???
help please, thanks
Old 10-01-2007
Banned

A merchant account is something you own. With a merchant account you can call the shots. You can also swipe credit cards with a terminal machine like they use at stores.

With bidpay you are under there control.

Basically they both does the same thing, but with a merchant account there is alot more flexibility
Old 10-01-2007

Okay guys, 2 questions.

Do all merchant accounts do a credit check? (if so I'm SOL)

What is the best one for someone that is only running $1K-$2K/month
I really want to get away from PP
Old 10-01-2007
Banned

Yes some merchants do credit checks but some dont care about your credit score.
Old 10-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

Word to the wise if the merchant provider don't run a credit check then don't deal with them. It all depends on what your selling, if your selling knockoff goods then a offshore High risk merchant account is better for you, But the way they deposit is a litte diffrent from your normal typical merchant provider that use a domestic bank. Such as wells fargo, bank of america ect.

But the good part about a high risk merchant account is that u can pretty much get away with murder and your funds won't be put on hold just make sure u have good quality items. Now if you sell electronics a regular merchant account with a domestic bank is your best choice because they don't consider your business a High risk and doubt you will have alot of charge backs. You have to tell me what your selling for me to point you in the right direction @ dogface
Old 10-01-2007

Paypal kicked me out. Bidpay doesn't want me (due to new ..Ebay account)...so what is my next move ?? to get back selling on Ebay ?
Thanks guys
Old 10-01-2007
Banned

You have to have at least 10 feedbacks to use bidpay
Old 10-01-2007

2 accounts I have 20 feedback (100%) and the other 2 , i have 1 feedback.
Old 10-06-2007

I followed instruction in this forum and opened a CCNOW account. It sounds so good. It accepts all kinds of credit cards (Bidpay only accepts Visa and Master card), the killing point is CCNOW accepts paypal payment.If you sell on Ebay, it will solve PP problem. I don't mind paying a bit more but if it's good, I will stick with it and let PP kisses my nasty ..a!! good bye
If you guys know any credit card processor accepting Paypal payment, please POST here so people can get a rest with PP ...
Old 10-06-2007
jm3262

Longevity: 0%

HI- I have also opened a CCNOW acct in 1st week of sept. Was able to rack up over $7k in it. BUT.. from what i figure, i will get about 1/3 of it the 16-18th of oct,. then balance in another 2-4 wks, they hold back, 1st 30dys- guess its good if you are not a saver.
Pros- instant merchant acct. ways to save your money, so far- no holds/limits,etc.
Cons-wait for your money, Customers NOT very happy about following the :LINK" they send, then you have to resend it again and again to approx 1/2 of buyers, Also- besides ebay, they only accept valid auction numbers from overstock.com,
SO, I had a nice sale from 1 man- I go to overstock, create a LOT sale, sale goes through, then day later, get suspension letter from Overstock.com-they say high ticket- they want fax of drivers license + fax of utility bill of the registered user. So, currently, have emails from buyers want mdse- cant give valid ebay auction number, cant give valid overstock auction number--so out of luck...(tried a 9999999 number-ccnow kicked it back).
Old 10-07-2007
Threadstarter  

so let me get this straight. If I open a CCnow account, it will let buyers pay me with paypal even though I dont have a paypal account?? meaning their paypal payment will convert and go into my ccnow account??? if that is so than i think i will signup. please clarify. the reason I ask is because my paypal account is limited forever.