Do ebay chase unpaid sellers fees? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 04-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Do ebay chase unpaid sellers fees?

I have an account which i have been running for about 6 month, got a about 150+ feedback 100 % positive, but due to (most likely) other sellers reporting some of my auctions, and a few rookie mistakes early on i am also on a Policy compliance level of "very low".

Just got put on a 7 day no new listing - go sit in the naughty corner restriction. That was lifted after the 7 days, which was fine...... or so i thought. Then the following day after i had that lifted, I get another email saying i have been put on a 7 day restriction again. The only thing i had done was change the price of one of my listings. Had not listed anything else.

Now my current outstanding fees are around the $300 mark (which is about what i give ebay a week) and this situation has me pretty pissed off. I have a ebay store, which im obviously paying for, yet now cannot use.

So im thinking of burning the account, pulling out and sticking it up em. But this account has all my details, will they chase their money through debt collectors?

Anyone been in a similar spot?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-01-2010

Longevity: 85%

i don't know if i would let a real account die over $300. It isn't easy or cheap to use stealth accounts IMO
Old 04-01-2010
Threadstarter  

yeah that is a very fair point. And i agree, its just the principle of it i guess that annoys me. Why do i bother paying the $20 a month for a store when they can restrict me for two weeks without doing anything wrong or at least giving an explanation.

I think i will keep it, pay the fee, quit the store on that account (if i can figure out how) and let it sit dormant for a while til that policy compliance strikes get wiped (about 8months from memory).

Ebay. Its just like all my past girlfriends - seem to be perfect for me and the answer to my dreams, but turns out they are evil to the core and will bleed you dry.................. Then i put myself through it all over again.
Old 04-02-2010
Threadstarter  

but still actually interested in the answer if anyone knows. What power, if any does eBay have over you? eg. Linked bank account, can they contact the Bank and retrieve that information?

Then use that to send debt collectors for fees owed? Make any difference if that account has been closed? Im assuming information would be kept on who the account holder was etc.

Some might think it takes a larger sum of cash to get debt collectors involved, but i have a letter here from one for an overdue DVD hire at a rental place, outstanding fee was $6.50............... The collection agency wanted $40 on top of that for making the "please fix up outstanding account"call the video shop never bothered too.
Old 04-02-2010

Longevity: 85%

If you have it linked to your paypal account for paying fees, they can withdraw from paypal which will overdraw your bank if you don't have enough funds in there.

If you really want to burn ebay, it seems like it would be best done on a stealth account.
Old 05-21-2010

Longevity: 82%

I'm still getting emails from ebay/global collections for fees after they suspended me in feb.
They now say that my account is suspended, really? (sarcasm)