attempt 5: any pointers? (Amazon) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-30-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default attempt 5: any pointers? (Amazon)

my account got suspended again (yay) but I will be moving soon, so that'll ensure a new address, new IP address. new bank account shouldn't be too difficult.

is there anything else I should be careful of? I'd like this one to last.

thanks all!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

You should purchase the Stealth Book and read it several times. It will give you all the tools you need to get a account to last.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
Amazombie (03-30-2010)
Old 03-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Get a new computer while you are at it. Even if its a cheap $50 desktop. Then you won't have any problems.
Old 03-30-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruexbluesummer View Post
my account got suspended again (yay) but I will be moving soon, so that'll ensure a new address, new IP address. new bank account shouldn't be too difficult.

thanks all!
Nope...Just sell 1 to 2 items a day for 1st 30 days and you will be fine.
Old 03-30-2010

Longevity: 89%

i agree, might as well get a now computer too, a cheap one, if you get suspended on that, sell it to someone and get another.. Its a vicious cycle, isnt it!!!
Old 03-31-2010

hey buy a tablet PC then when you get suspended sell it to me
Old 03-31-2010
Threadstarter  

yup, purchased and read the guide.

*though I heard that purchasing a new computer isn't that helpful. isn't deleting flash cookies/cookies enough? (along with a new ip addy?)
Old 04-01-2010

do what the guide said in regards to user accts. & you wont have to buy a new pc...though I would like a tablet
Old 04-02-2010
MU

Longevity: 83%

Get a new pc, only way your going to successfully stay on.
Old 04-02-2010

I have five Amazon accounts. One on a lap top and four on a tablet computer. I used cricket broadband and everytime I boot up my computer I get a new IP adress. All the information you enter has to be different from the last. Pick a city that is within a 100 miles radius of where you live. This as worked wonders for me. I post one to two items on each account and bring in about $1000 a week. I will open up two more accounts this week.
Old 04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcware View Post
I have five Amazon accounts. One on a lap top and four on a tablet computer. I used cricket broadband and everytime I boot up my computer I get a new IP adress. All the information you enter has to be different from the last. Pick a city that is within a 100 miles radius of where you live. This as worked wonders for me. I post one to two items on each account and bring in about $1000 a week. I will open up two more accounts this week.
You don't get charged for long distance using city outside your own? Or does that pertain to landline & dial-up only?
Old 04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcware View Post
Don't open more than one new acct. a day and u should be ok just make sure all ur info and ip is totally different on each new acct.
Old 04-03-2010

Quote:

thanks all!

You need to list completely different items from what you were selling on the suspended accounts. You might be able to get by with 10% that is the same, if you are lucky. This is the hardest thing to overcome with Amazon. If you have a lot of bucks in inventory and you can't re-list it, you can get stuck with items that are hard to sell elsewhere.

I re-list the items on E-Bay if the Amazon account goes down. If a E-Bay account goes down,I put it on Amazon. Amazon will suspend a account just on a certain percent of items matching. It's good to spread the inventory around on as many accounts as possible.

If you want to list items that aren't in their catalog you need a Pro Merchant account, which cost $39 per month. If you just have one Pro Merchant account and it goes down, you will have a hard time re-listing the same items again. If you have a lot of Pro Merchant Accounts, it gets expensive at $39 per month but it is easier to re-list. So that's the Catch-22.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Road-Kill For This Useful Post:
Amazombie (04-04-2010), ruexbluesummer (04-04-2010)
Old 04-04-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks roadkill!
that was really helpful.

yeah, sadly I'm trying to sell the same items since I have a ton left in stock-- though the previous accounts I had that got shot were all pro-merchant (since they didn't exist in the catalog so I made the item pages)

so if its the same item but with new pictures and names, would that be okay?
Old 04-04-2010

Quote:
thanks roadkill!
that was really helpful.

yeah, sadly I'm trying to sell the same items since I have a ton left in stock-- though the previous accounts I had that got shot were all pro-merchant (since they didn't exist in the catalog so I made the item pages)

so if its the same item but with new pictures and names, would that be okay?
u can PM me regarding this to see if I can help u.
Old 04-04-2010

Well you need a UPC to make a listing and once it used you can't make a new listing with it.

Pro Merchants can change existing listings and mess up my listing all the time. You can highjack some other listing and try to change the content, but hopefully you will choose one than no other seller is using. On some listings you can change more than others, not sure why that is exactly.
Old 04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
You need to list completely different items from what you were selling on the suspended accounts. You might be able to get by with 10% that is the same, if you are lucky. This is the hardest thing to overcome with Amazon. If you have a lot of bucks in inventory and you can't re-list it, you can get stuck with items that are hard to sell elsewhere.

I re-list the items on E-Bay if the Amazon account goes down. If a E-Bay account goes down,I put it on Amazon. Amazon will suspend a account just on a certain percent of items matching. It's good to spread the inventory around on as many accounts as possible.

If you want to list items that aren't in their catalog you need a Pro Merchant account, which cost $39 per month. If you just have one Pro Merchant account and it goes down, you will have a hard time re-listing the same items again. If you have a lot of Pro Merchant Accounts, it gets expensive at $39 per month but it is easier to re-list. So that's the Catch-22.
I have listed the same items used from suspended accounts. All that is needed is 'filler' items to throw off bots. Just list randomly any products and for every 7 or so of them, add one of your own from suspended account. Take it slowly and within a couple of days you'll have all your products listed again. Just be sure to keep price really high on fillers so no one would buy from you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Recherché For This Useful Post:
cherrqell (11-20-2010), Hercules (04-07-2010)
Old 04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
I have listed the same items used from suspended accounts. All that is needed is 'filler' items to throw off bots. Just list randomly any products and for every 7 or so of them, add one of your own from suspended account. Take it slowly and within a couple of days you'll have all your products listed again. Just be sure to keep price really high on fillers so no one would buy from you.

Amazon looks at what sells so they can go out and buy it themselves if they aren't already selling it. When you sell a item and tell them to deposit the funds, they hold the transfer for 2-3 days before they deposit the money. During that time they are doing their risk assessment. What the item is that sold is part of that assessment

So if a seller has hundreds of new items listed, but still ends up selling the same things. That info is there if they want to look for it. So I'm not sure if you are saying Amazon only looks at what is listed and doesn't check what sellers are actually selling, but I find that hard to believe..
Old 04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
Amazon looks at what sells so they can go out and buy it themselves if they aren't already selling it. When you sell a item and tell them to deposit the funds, they hold the transfer for 2-3 days before they deposit the money. During that time they are doing their risk assessment. What the item is that sold is part of that assessment

So if a seller has hundreds of new items listed, but still ends up selling the same things. That info is there if they want to look for it. So I'm not sure if you are saying Amazon only looks at what is listed and doesn't check what sellers are actually selling, but I find that hard to believe..
Yes, I'm for certain they look at actual sales opposed to listings. To clarify, I was for certain they'd catch on by what items I've previously sold on suspended accounts. However, in my case, no link was ever made. After about two weeks of slowly adding all my products by spreading them out to current/new accounts, once more, no link was made. Take that however you may.

Last edited by Recherché; 04-05-2010 at 05:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Recherché For This Useful Post:
Amazombie (04-06-2010)
Old 04-05-2010

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfortuantemistake View Post
Get a new pc, only way your going to successfully stay on.
Couldn't you just reformat the hard drive and save yourself expence of buying new computer?
Old 04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
Yes, I'm for certain they look at actual sales opposed to listings. To clarify, I was for certain they'd catch on by what items I've previously sold on suspended accounts. However, in my case, no link was ever made. After about two weeks of slowly adding all my products by spreading them out to current/new accounts, once more, no link was made. Take that however you may.
Question...are all your old listings from your blocked account currently list on all your account or is it a few old listings on one acct. and a few others on another acct?
Old 04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazombie View Post
Question...are all your old listings from your blocked account currently list on all your account or is it a few old listings on one acct. and a few others on another acct?
Yep. I have no problems speading them to current or new accounts. Can't recall which went where (have not had one suspended in over 3 months) on accounts.

As of last November I had one account suspended selling DS games and moved them to a account with less than 10 positives. Between the two of them I sold the same DS games (over 250). The account I switched over too is my most senior and still running very well.