bidpay several ebay accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-18-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default bidpay several ebay accounts

is there any way to have sevral bidpay accounts if you have several ebay accounts or do you have to open a bidpay account for each ebay account.????
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-18-2007

I'm sure this has benn covered before so please forgive me for asking, but does BP use emails such as PP? Is there a way that you can have one BP account reg'd to a certain bank account and then have several IDs for use on several EB accounts?

Seem ideal if they do, would work great for what most of us are trying to do around here.
Old 09-21-2007

Modee, do you know if there is a way to have 2 BP accounts each using a seperate bank account?
I would like to do away with PP as best as I can, but have 2 sep EB accounts for selling different type items. Not necessarily high and low end, but I'd like to keep them sep in case one gets shut down, the stuff I am selling is somewhat specialized and if I listed it on the other account I could be giving myself away.
Old 09-28-2007

Longevity: 97%

I think it's possible to link Bidpay to more than 1 EB account. Here's what I did, and it works just fine (a lot less buyers will choose BP over PP. It's a SAD fact). At the end of your auction, do not directly link BP to EB, just COPY the HTML link, then remove your Bidpay username, buyers will not notice if you have multiple EB accounts. When the auction ends, then buyer will click the LOGO and now they can pay ...without seeing lots of your BP username around Ebay....
Old 10-01-2007

does anyone know if bidpay allows adult items? they keep denying my buyers payments and sent me a form letter saying something about me being a "high risk account" when i asked why. i have 180 fb with only 6 neg. do u think its my fb rating or the adult themed items?
thanks
Old 10-03-2007

Longevity: 99%

modee - I thought you only put "merchant account" in your listing. You auto-inserting bidpay now too?

Since buyers seem to be hesitant to use bidpay, maybe it would be better to just leave the link off altogether and just send them a bill with choice of services at the end?
Old 10-03-2007

Thanks for the advice on bidpay, I think I'll try them out. Do you guys use bidpay and do your customers seem to mind? It doesn't effect your sales does it?
Old 10-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayphobia View Post
I think it's possible to link Bidpay to more than 1 EB account. Here's what I did, and it works just fine (a lot less buyers will choose BP over PP. It's a SAD fact). At the end of your auction, do not directly link BP to EB, just COPY the HTML link, then remove your Bidpay username, buyers will not notice if you have multiple EB accounts. When the auction ends, then buyer will click the LOGO and now they can pay ...without seeing lots of your BP username around Ebay....
How are you able to do this?? Bidpay only allows one ebay user per account. Are you saying you lost one account and then changed it to your new name? or are you actually able to use on multiple accounts running at the same time? If so, how do you remove the bidpay username from the html link? Is this some IT tech thing you need the inside track to do or can anyone do this?

I asked bidpay and they said you can't even change your ebay username! But another agent previously said you could and gave me instructions that didn't work. They recently remodeled the site and it seems to have everyone confused! Feel free to PM the answer if you don't want to post here.

Yep, bidpay wants you to "correct the problem" with ebay before you can change your username. Which means you have to somehow magically resolve your suspension. Yeah, that'll happen. :(
Old 10-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Well, one thing about Bidpay is that the USERNAME appears at the bottom of the link they insert on your auctions. So I don't really see how it would work to have one BP account for several EBAY identities.

I have just one BP account. When an EBAY account is suspended, I just log into BP and request to have the user name changed to whatever my new EBAY username is. They comply within an hour.

Then I just go back into my BP account, logging in under my new username that matches my EBAY username, and link to EBAY again.
This should be easy but I can't figure out how you're doing it. When I go to the settings to change the information, it keeps saying "get authentication" instead of "change". I'm a-scared to click on that link for fear it might connect to ebay to try and "get" an old username. Do you make this request by email or manually? Could you explain (here or by PM) please? Thanks

Edit: Ok, I clicked on the "continue" link after logging into bidpay. It brought me to a sign-on to ebay. I *could* sign on there, and it *might* work, but it might also link the two accounts. Am I doing this right or should I back out and go about it another way?
Old 10-06-2007

I just followed the instructions given to me by bidpay and I'm not liking what I'm seeing. It shows the old banned username under the bidpay banner. I haven't yet placed it on a listing, but I did have to go through ebay's login to account to add bidpay. Was that the stroke of death, or is that the way it's supposed to work? I wasn't able to change username without logging into bidpay and when I did that, went to ebay settings and there were two options - get ebay authorization (complete registration) and continue. I chose continue. Wrong choice?

Someone please help me out here. I'd like to offer bidpay again but right now I'm stuck and afraid I might have just doomed this account. I hope not. Hate starting all over.

Thanks for any help!

Update: Ok, now it's showing the new user id but the banners still show the old ID. I have the auto insert off until I can get to the bottom of this, but I still have doubts about whether what I did earlier linked the new account back to the old or if that's the way it's supposed to work?

Second Update:

I removed the old username from the html code and disabled automatic banner insertion. Is there a way to automatically insert the banners but still change the user id, or will you have to insert the doctored html code for each new listing? Still not sure about the authorization that was done earlier.
Old 10-06-2007

I'm just doing what they told me to do, followed the instructions to a T. Don't shoot the messenger. lol

Has anyone tried calling Bidpay today? I can't get through! Line's been busy for over 4 hours! Ugh.
Old 10-07-2007

Sigh. Day later and no response, from email or phone. Bidpay must have taken the whole weekend off. :(

Does anyone know if just by switching the html code (and username) in your bidpay, you can for sure avoid linking back to a former username? I removed the name entirely to start, but thought that might look a little fishy to onlookers, so I changed it to the new name. Now it looks good on the surface -- just not sure of how deep the ebay authorization link goes.

Should I be good to go?
Old 10-09-2007

Now you tell me! Crap, I knew that one guy seemed like he was up to something...tried to explain it away as being harmless but...we'll see.
Old 10-09-2007

If I can ever get this new account up and running with the CC (see your PM) I'll test out that bidpay account first thing.
Old 10-09-2007

Always be prepared! That's the boy scout motto. Seriously, when I don't prepare, things usually go from bad to worse. I've learned not to take anything for granted.
Old 10-09-2007

But no the bidpay account isn't new. Just a new username.
Old 10-09-2007

You're missing the point. I was trying to change the username. That's what all that drama on Saturday was about.
Old 10-25-2007

Longevity: 95%

Modee,
How do you change your BidPay user a/c name!!! I have searched whole BidPay site...but didnt find any option to change that!!!! I am concerning this because my Bidpay a/c is connected with my suspended EB a/c. I want to use the BidPay again. How could u do that!!!
Old 11-09-2007

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I have just one BP account. When an EBAY account is suspended, I just log into BP and request to have the user name changed to whatever my new EBAY username is. They comply within an hour.

Then I just go back into my BP account, logging in under my new username that matches my EBAY username, and link to EBAY again.

wow bidpay must had changed it rules cause back in the day every time i got banned off ebay then i could not use the BP account this *******s would not approve any orders.

I guess they finaly got smart and relized not every person on ebay that is banned is a theif and egay bans as many legit people and the non legit ones.