May you re-use the same credit card with EBAY suspended accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

I've had a similar type of experience. Forgive me for hijacking the thread but restrictions made this necessary (can't open new thread) and it's at least on the same subject! Plus, Modee already OK'd this for the forum. If he wants to make a new thread for it, that's fine.

Right now I'm trying to list some items for buy it now on a new account. I've linked to Paypal but have yet to finish verifying or making it a premier account. I intend to use the merchant account setup. I decided to try and list just like that with a blank Paypal account linked. As I try to list, I am getting the error message: "Paypal. Please enter a valid value." The email address area is greyed out and below that it says: "You have selected one or more features that require Paypal. Please enable Paypal as a payment option to continue with your listing."

At this point I realized I hadn't placed a credit card on file with ebay for this account so I thought maybe it was the source of the error message. When I went into my account to edit to add a credit card, I filled out all the information and selected to go to the next screen. This brought me to the arriba page that we've talked about on the forum. There it had an OLD credit card on file and off to the right it had my REAL address. I have no idea how this happened unless at registration for this account the system made me put a card on file just to be a member and it grabbed my billing address from the card itself. Yikes. Anyway, at this point I was a little concerned but went ahead and added the new card since the old card still wanted me to add the 3 digit code and the bank account has been closed. There was NO message that said the card was already on file and I'm about 85% sure it wasn't tied to a banned user. But not 100% I decided to go for it. Same for the address to the right--I changed it to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ user info. Then at the authorization page, it looked like it worked. I didn't even get a user authorization error. Instead what it did was throw me into an endless circle back where I started from. The message stated I needed to open a sellers account. The first time through I went with it, but I quickly realized what was going on and stopped.

First the obvious question -- from this description does it sound like I'll be ok with this account or is it soon to be doomed? One thing I am sure of--if I change that info to what I want it to be and I click the "next" button to authorize, it does NOT say authorization denied. It just brings me back full circle to the beginning to "create a new sellers account" There is no message whatsoever telling me what i did wrong or anything!

Does anyone have a clue why that user information would be there in the first place, and why it would have my REAL information there? Everything but my name is accurate. Scary stuff. Is it already linked at this point or is there a way to make this work? Anyone know for sure? If it is linked, would it be too late to back out at this point and just leave it a buyer account? I'm thinking the chances of suspension would be a lot less. I've had it for several months now already no problems. And if that's the case, all I've lost is a useable CC--assuming it already linked the old CC with the new. Which again, I'm still not sure of due to the lack of authorization error OR a statement that the card was already on file.

I know this is a long and winding post, but hopefully the added detail helps to get the point across without confusing the issue. If anyone needs more detail or anything rephrased, please let me know. I'll be glad to do so. Does this whole process sound familiar to anyone here at all, or is this something new ebay's doing?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2007
Executive [VIP]

Well jack I read your story. The way you would know if it was banned is that it would of told you when you added the card to the account. Would of said this card is on a suspeneded account. It suprised me when I saw it. It also sounds like they might be banning you slowly. Sometimes I cant do anything on a ebay account for a hour, and it loops me back. I experienced this before a ban a slow one on some accounts. This is what I know

BUt ill know soon if my account gets banned from that message, I went ahead and added a different card and gona see if i get banned in a few days or more or less maybe even now.
Old 10-10-2007
Threadstarter  

I'm tempted to try it with another card, but to be honest I'd like to at least have some confirmation on the other card before I do. Would hate to use up two cards on one account for nothing.
Old 10-10-2007
Threadstarter  

Here's a thought. If an account is created with a card as a buyers account and then AFTERWARDS a sellers account with that same card information created previously is charged, found to have insufficient funds, and then suspended...and you DON'T ever use that card again...could you then register as a seller on that first account with a new card and that account would not be banned? That MAY have been what happened here as I know I had a shortage of cards at one time.

The buyer account has been around for many months now with no sign of stopping. No alerts, nothing.
Old 10-11-2007
Threadstarter  

I think "shows" is too strong a word here. "Indicates" might be better and less misleading. I've read nothing on this forum leading to a definitive word on this. There was no mention of "one time payments" in my post. I have never paid any fees on this account--it has been strictly a buyer account til now.

You had no problem with the detail when I first PM'd it to you. In the future, please let me know at that phase instead of waiting for the forum to recriminate me. Thank you

I would also like to request the title of this thread to be changed as it was created in my absence and I don't feel it reflects the questions I'm really asking here.
Old 10-11-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

hehehehehehe
Old 10-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Settle down guys.
Closed Thread