Amazon acct. temp suspended. NEED HELP!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Red face Amazon acct. temp suspended. NEED HELP!!

I recently opened up this account, about the beginning of March. My sales volume got up to about 20 sales a day averaging about $500 a week in sales. My account has been under review for about two weeks and today I receive this email about my acct being suspended because "we have not to date been provided with adequate information supporting your sales activity." From what I've been reading, I was probably suspended because of my sales volume, new acct, and lack of reviews(100% pos, one review). My question is, What is Amazon looking for in a seller. What kind of information will make them happy so they dont permanently block my acct? Is it too late for me should I consider it blocked already? I am legitimately trying to expand my wholesale business, This is what they ask for in the email:

1. Description of items you plan to list for sale on Amazon.com
2. Current retail or online sales channels including links to selling pages
3. Detailed explanation of your business including your source of inventory
4. Amount of inventory you plan to list for sale on Amazon.com and availability of items for delivery

but what are they really looking for in a seller that will allow me to keep selling, what information will make them say ok, this company is legit.

I sell all kinds of things from dog collars to xbox accessories, and have my inventory on hand. Help is appreciated, Thanks guys!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2010

Longevity: 85%

In my opinion you need to keep your sales to 1 or 2 items a day for first 30 days and have at least 10% of your orders leave feedback.
Old 04-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Ya thats what it seems like, why do they have such a problem with sellers generating sales as long as their performance is in good standing. But is it too late for my account? It is NOT permanently blocked as of yet, what can I do to keep my account?
Old 04-13-2010

Longevity: 93%

Based on the statements you provided above, I assume you did not reply with answers to the questions they asked when they first put your account under review. At this stage, it's very possible that a live person will take a look at your account. The things you can do is to answer their questions and still provide good service to ongoing orders, in the hope that you can get some good feedback in return to show good faith to Amazon.

Worst case, you got your account blocked, wait for 90 days, cash out the balance, assuming there's no A-Z claims.
Old 04-13-2010

The details of your email that you'll respond with, honestly, don't really matter. They're not going to sort through tracking numbers to see what's been sent; they're not going to track down every supplier, unless it can benefit their own business. Its mostly the tone - just stay upbeat, do answer their questions (even if they don't matter) in a positive and professional manner, etc.

I would guarantee the reason you were banned is that you hit the velocity limit, and did not have enough feedback for your account. While they obviously don't want you having any negatives, its the number of feedback that really seems to be important - when you hit that velocity limit, you better have x amount or you're getting that suspension.

DEFINITELY try to get as many feedback during the review process as possible - even if you need to get people you know to buy things (cheaply) from the account just to leave feedback.
Old 04-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Default Thanks

Thanks guys, Ill answer their questions and see what happens. As of now I only have one review but I'm working on getting plenty more hoping that helps a lot...
Old 04-13-2010
Threadstarter  

And in my defense they never actually asked me for the information during the review, all they really said was if I supplied the info it would expedite the process but it wasn't "required." Next thing I know, suspended...
Old 04-13-2010

Longevity: 83%

When they downgrade your account from under review to suspended, the next e-mail you will get usually is permanently banned and your money in on hold for 90 days from your last order. They aren't telling you this now, so you still fill all your orders and refund orders in the hopes of pleasing the Amazon gods.

You won't get the permanent suspension e-mail until the end of 30 days. You can sometimes appeal the suspension and get it overturned, but the odds are against it.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 04-13-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
When they downgrade your account from under review to suspended, the next e-mail you will get usually is permanently banned and your money in on hold for 90 days from your last order. They aren't telling you this now, so you still fill all your orders and refund orders in the hopes of pleasing the Amazon gods.

You won't get the permanent suspension e-mail until the end of 30 days. You can sometimes appeal the suspension and get it overturned, but the odds are against it.
Well, you DEFINITELY don't want to be doing any refunds unless you have no other option. Canceling orders and refunding reallllly pisses Amazon off, particularly when you're under review.
Old 04-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Well, you DEFINITELY don't want to be doing any refunds unless you have no other option. Canceling orders and refunding reallllly pisses Amazon off, particularly when you're under review.

Agreed...2 of my new accts. I had to cancel and order and give a refund and amazon immediately put them under review....@!#$@#!!
Old 04-15-2010

Longevity: 83%

I'm referring to refunding orders that are customer returns. I should have made it clearer I guess.

We're talking about a account here that already has two strikes against it. One being under review and the next is being suspended. So at this point the seller can still fill all orders and give full refunds on returns and kiss up to the customers. Or the seller can cut their losses and move on.

The odds are all the funds in the account will be held for at least 90 days. And if there are any A-Z claims Amazon will probably rule against the seller, since the account is suspended. So there may or may not be any funds left in the account after 90 days. Their is a lot that can go wrong in 90 days.