is it ok to renew credit card linked to a suspended account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-25-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default is it ok to renew credit card linked to a suspended account?

hi every1,

some time ago i created two ebay accounts with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info but i used one credit card in creating both of them.. one of those accounts got suspended and after some time the credit card which i used to create them got expired now the other account survived being suspended but i cant use it for selling purposes as credit card is expired, now if i assign a new credit card to that account is it possible that they link the old credit card and suspend account as well.. if this happens ill lose my old account which has about 90+ of feedback as well as the new credit card which hasnot been used anywhere on ebay or paypal..

i m sure senior members here must know far better then my experience...

looking forward for some advice
thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-25-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I would just use a new credit card or prepaid (gift card) that hasn't been associated with a suspended account. You don't want to risk losing your good account.
Old 08-25-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I would just use a new credit card or prepaid (gift card) that hasn't been associated with a suspended account. You don't want to risk losing your good account.
i think u misunderstood my question... i mean that the old banned and expired credit card is still there on both accounts but one account is not suspended... i know i cant use the same credit card which is expired with new expiry details.. what i m worrying is what r the chances of putting in a new credit card in it and surviving... coz i remember last time i tried to renew it with a new unbanned credit card it didnt accept it but the account didnt got banned..
Old 08-25-2007
Administrator

So you can't add a new credit card to the account? Or can you? The only way eBay will let you sell again is a valid credit card. If you can add one, add it. If not, I guess you just have a buyers account?
Old 08-25-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
So you can't add a new credit card to the account? Or can you? The only way eBay will let you sell again is a valid credit card. If you can add one, add it. If not, I guess you just have a buyers account?
well i tried once but it gave some error ill try again and then post the result here... the only worry is to risk of losing thats why being cautious
Old 08-25-2007
Threadstarter  

wow!! tried again, this time with a different card number.. i did exactly as in ur guide.. and it worked.. now i have logged out of account.. and will keep it inactive for a couple of days to see how it go.. hopefully it shouldnt be ditched...
Old 08-26-2007

Hi,
I've got a question? Since one of my accounts is suspend. If I have a new credit card and try to set up a new account would ebay suspend me again? The card number may be different from my suspended account but the credit card information (address, name etc) will be same?? How can I avoid getting suspended again if I sign up for a new ebay account with a new credit card. Also is it necessary to change my IP address. Help will really be appreciated.

Thanks
Have a great day
Old 08-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin'sworld View Post
Hi,
I've got a question? Since one of my accounts is suspend. If I have a new credit card and try to set up a new account would ebay suspend me again? The card number may be different from my suspended account but the credit card information (address, name etc) will be same?? How can I avoid getting suspended again if I sign up for a new ebay account with a new credit card. Also is it necessary to change my IP address. Help will really be appreciated.

Thanks
Have a great day
hi,

i also had same concerns, infact i thought it is essential to put actual details in credit card feilds.. but after reading aspkin guide i found out that 90% of the time it would accept ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details just keep ur area and post code same, name and address can be different.. and credit card number has to be correct... i did this and hurray it accepted it... as u can read from above ... this way theres a always a possibilty of coming back to ebay if suspended.. but ill always work towards avoiding past mistakes which lead to so much problems.. its not good to be out of bussiness at all... especially when it is ur job...
Old 10-11-2007

Longevity: 99%

Powerbid, how's this account going now that's it's been a while since you changed the card? I think your experience is pretty close to my own, except the other account is a buyer account and I can't it to work at ALL with the new card I'm using, and next to the old card info off to the right it showed my real address--which may or may NOT have been associated with a banned user. I may try a completely different new card but didn't want to risk losing both good cards until I was a little more clear on what to expect with the account. Thanks

Also, about the area: what exactly do you mean by that? City? State? Street? This has never been made clear. It's been my experience that the numbers are the only real details in need of changing (street number, zipcode). Alphas can remain unchanged. Unless I've been doing it wrong all this time?? I suppose there's probably more than one way of doing it, but one way may lead to a longer ebay life than another.
Old 10-11-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Powerbid, how's this account going now that's it's been a while since you changed the card?
hi jack.. all good.. its my 2nd month and i have 280+ listings now on that account plus an ebay shop... all working great.. i have learnt a great deal since that time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Also, about the area: what exactly do you mean by that? City? State? Street? This has never been made clear. .
its very simple.. if ur credit card billing address is.. 12 xyz milwaukee, wisconsin postcode er332re33 (example)

u can put it like 12 ybadsldbnbbla bla bla, milwaukee, wisconsin, postcode wq332fd33

i did some multiple tests on a new account with a different credit card.. and guess wat i found it worked with only real creditcard number and security code numbers rest all was ⊗⊗⊗⊗.. not even any single word of address or postcode that account is also active

hope it helped feel free to ask anything u like
Old 10-11-2007

Wow, even the zipcode was different? That's unexpected. Interesting, I usually have a few of those switched around, even different city/state as indicated in the last post. But then I also use a proxy substitute as I've mentioned before.
Old 10-11-2007
Threadstarter  

jack i m from UK so there might be a possibility that US ebay works slightly different... but i m sure on the whole they match..

one advice.. try a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account play with it for a while u will know wat todo and wat not to do..

2nd advice... dont use proxies...

3rd advice... read this post to the end the info is marvelous there.. http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...-accounts.html
Old 10-11-2007

I use the only proxy that really works for now powerbid. Those that read this forum often will know what I'm talking about. I don't want to say it (type it) out loud. Don't want to jinx it. lol
Old 10-11-2007
Threadstarter  

primary concerns while using proxy is to conceal ip address so that u dont get linked with other suspended accounts.. if u r not using aol .. there are pretty good chances that u can manually assign ip address to ur dial up.. as i mentioned in other post.. get a usb adsl modem.. there is still chance of getting suspended through proxy but if u assign one ip per dialup and keep a log file of all ips u have used per account so far eliminates proxy fears...

i know wat i m talking coz now i m working with 6 accounts lolz
Old 10-11-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

okay I got a question. Why is all of you keep creating accounts?? Are you not staying on Ebay?? It seems most of you is selling low risk items so I dont see what is the problem
Old 10-11-2007
Administrator

Good job powerbid, see I'm right sometimes.
Old 10-11-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
okay I got a question. Why is all of you keep creating accounts?? Are you not staying on Ebay?? It seems most of you is selling low risk items so I dont see what is the problem
They're probably using Paypal and that's killing them later.
Old 10-11-2007
Threadstarter  

thanks aspkin for the praise , chris i m creating accounts not coz i m constantly being booted from ebay but becoz i have learned my lessons.. it is better to have multiple accounts and spread ur listings rahter then have one account (as we have seen ebay loves to boot one way or the other).. i would rather quoute as dont keep all of ur eggs in one basket :D

i was totally out of bussiness before, lost, confused, heavy hearted, suicidal :D whatever u name it... but now i have some sort of confidence in wat i m doing.. if one account gets booted i have other backups which are already in bussiness... and secondly at present i donot have any issues with paypal (touchwood) my two accounts are linked with one paypal.. im using third one as a tester account with no paypal link it donot offer paypal atall.. lets see how successfull i m without paypal.. if i do succeed then it will be the biggest victory for me... and lastly i m just addicted to this forum now just love being here
Old 10-12-2007

If you guys would listen once in a while instead of just yammering on, you'd realize that you have to link to Paypal until you reach a certain number of feedback for buy it now. I don't take Paypal if I can keep from it, but it doesn't make it any less an integral part of the process for everyone when starting out on a new seller account now that Ebay's changes have gone into full effect.

That would be an answer.
Old 10-13-2007

Longevity: 97%

We understand Jack, we're just saying it's better to not accept Paypal for the long run. It's safer to use a different payment processor.
Old 10-15-2007

*Raises Hand*

If there's one, I'm sure there's others. I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't discount one group, however small they may be--from another and say there's no reason at all to involve Paypal. And with that, I'm done with this subject.
Old 10-15-2007
Administrator

There's a big reason to use Paypal and you know it Jack. We all know the benefits of using Paypal, but we also know what happens when eBay links us to a suspended account because of Paypal. Using Paypal these days will usually link your eBay and Paypal accounts together. If you've used that same Paypal account with a suspended eBay account in the past, and they were linked... your new eBay account would then be linked to the suspended eBay account and trashed as well. The only way to get around this is to use a new Paypal account with a new eBay account. Though it's hard doing this because you have to be legit with Paypal…

It's different now Jack.

We're not out to get you Jack, I'm just trying to help.