Hey,Tcho - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-12-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Hey,Tcho

Tcho

I have read through all of your threads/replies,and in theory what you have advised on T&S policies and procedures would be neccessary,however there seems to be a large amount of in discretionary suspensions,I very much doubt that anybody suspended from ebay that was scamming would go to the trouble of documenting there experience in the many forums that are on the internet and as of today when you google ebay suspended me there are 1,050,000 stories of members or reference to members that have had the mis fortune to suffer this indignity,

My real concerns and this has happend to me when you start out on ebay as a business user,you enter into the community and then as things progress you are encouraged by the results,so as in my case and I am sure other members,you decide to base your whole business around the ebay plateform,as you conduct your business inevitably you have disputes arise which at all costs you try to resolve,now my problems started when with over 1300+ fb's and 97.1% rating I was advised by ebay that I had too many unresolved disputes even though the buyers had recieved there items a large amount of these buyers had not closed there disputes,I was told I had to resolve these issues or I would be suspended,the difficult thing was that after repeated efforts to resolve a large number of buyers did not reply so in effect I could not resolve the issues,as ebay would have liked I also had to supply proof of delivery which I had to have supplied from Australia Post these were faxed through to Ebay,the perplexing thing was that Ebay accepted some of the proofs of delivery and considerd them resolved and the very same proof that was supplied on another was not accepted,some of the disputes the buyers as I have mentioned ealier had recieved there items and had left +fb ,but for some reasons this was not accepted as resolved,now from a business point of view,this is very frustrating I have my livelyhood and the interest of my family and there well being riding on the demands of ebay on issues that I can not fix,and when you can clearly supply information that is accepted in one case yet not the other,you are left in total frustration and fear,as I have metioned earlier this is my business and only source of income and it is under threat,Now the importance of resolving the percieved issue's is critical however the seller cant be responsable for the buyer closing disputes after they have recieved there items,and it is totally unreasonable and shows a complete lack of reality from ebay.

Any how unfortunately I was suspended for Non performance and I still attempted to make contact with buyers to close there disputes ,but with no luck and the fiasco with ebay not accepting Australia Post reciepts/confirmation continued,and of course as soon as I was suspended there was a whole series of new disputes raised,so rather than help me as the seller and my buyers I believe ebay perpetuated the problem,by not realising or understanding the situation,in the end ebay just stopped replying to my emails.

So here I am with rent,mortgages,car payments and a family to feed,with no income,my business effectivly destroyed,now in my experience,it is not unusual at all for companies and businesses to have issues and the way these are normally resolved is by discussing them and in most cases there are concessions from each party and the problem resolved and you get on with business with a clearer understanding of what both parties expect and require,I will also add that as a power seller I had an account manager he was very understanding and sympathetic to the problem but could assist in no way to resolve the problems with me,

As a business seller what are you to to,you endevour to research the situation and to your complete surprise you find a million + sellers in the same position,how can this be,we are not all scammers we try to get back on to the plateform that has worked for us in the past,Tcho you have made some comments regarding ebay does'nt want you if you have been suspended,this is a callous and insulting comment,the very reason that this forum exists and the exchange of information is because of ebay's policies the company treats sellers with complete contempt,for any company to be so uncontactable the way ebay is ,is disgusting,in a business to business situation it is not good enough to be told to send an email and wait 24 hours for a reply if it comes at all,there are situations for many businesses that could be resolved very quickly and in business you have to be able to react quickly,as a suspension is very obviously damaging and is to be avoided at all cost,This shoot now ask questions later policy is uncostunable,I have found that buyers have become very unreasonable and there for it becomes inevitable that disputes will arise and it should be left up to the seller and the buyer to work through these with out the sellers lively hood being stopped because of the very unreasonable policies that are currently in place,there is no recourse effectivly for timely response and resolution to unreasonble situations that do arise,and that is so disapointing the ebay policy has that "we dont really care weather you right or not your gone" with no timely recourse,

The reality is ebay's policies have created this forum and the many others and every legitimate business seller that has now got to go to these unbelievable steps to try and get back to a position they once had,when in most cases had they been given a fair hearing in a timely manner they would not be in the position of having to register multiple accounts under aliases,and operate as a "ghost" in attempt to secure there lively hood,and most importantly and overlooked by ebay feed there families and meet there financial committments,if you were a casual seller,selling odds and ends and you found yourself in this position it would be no big deal,but once again I can not over enthersize this is a business sellers ,business and primary source of income.

As for me I have lost a lot through my ebay assocition,a business,houses cars and self esteem,that has been a high price that no legitimate seller should have to go through,because of a floored operating policy of the company that they do business with,if you are a genuine scammer you deserve what you get if you are not you should not be made to feel like one and pay the consequences,I was once proud of my ebay business and association with ebay,but not now.

Tcho,this example along with with every other sellers is worth taking into consideration,befor you make your criticisms as to sellers wanting to get back on line,and condemning there actions,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-12-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 95%

Yipee! Way to go!
Old 10-12-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

How many cappucinos did you have when you typed half of a book?
Old 10-13-2007

User, well said, heartfelt and real.....

and Chris, probably not as many as the total number of bitter pills and sour grapes that make up your diet!
Old 10-13-2007
Banned

And this is coming from a person who user name is "delirium"
Old 10-13-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

It's sad really. Because of a few bad eggs, eBay resorts to shutting anyone down who doesn't fit the eBay code. I understand what you're going through user. All of us at one time went through this. But you just have to take a step back, understand the situation and move forward. You have all the tools here to get you selling again. I plan to have an updated guide and a huge FAQ section for everyone soon, with even more solid information. Welcome to the forums.
Old 10-13-2007

Longevity: 96%

excellent user.... whatever u have said is touching heart.. feels like its me who typed it all.. u r not alone we are all with you !!!
Old 10-13-2007

Longevity: 96%

I was in the retail and Whosale world as middle management for almost 25 yrs. I would have been terminated if I treated any body the way EB treats both its vendors and buyers. They never had to work in a real world. theirs is a monopoly so whatever they do, however misguided they can justify, since they only benchmark them selves.

there is hope Google has more money than they know what to do with. they need to see the opportunities and relise that yahoo failed in the us because they didnt promote. Look at China, and othe asian countries. ebay is dooing poorly, why because they have compition!

sorry about spelling and punc. its sat eve and all my teams lost! DROWNING IN SORROW