New Listing Almost Flagged - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-02-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default New Listing Almost Flagged

I was almost done with a listing, and a warning came up saying, "are you aware that you are about to....blah blah....if you continue, this listing could be flagged....blah blah".

I think I may have goofed and put some keywords in the listing that turned the radar on. I'm sure they flagged me anyway, even though I abandoned the listing. But I started a fresh listing, renamed my personal photo so it isn't recognized, and worded things different, and it posted.

God, I hate these people so much.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2010

Longevity: 95%

I seen them warnings alot u get it when u list certin items or if u try to up high $ shipping amounts and stuff like that.
Old 05-02-2010

Longevity: 96%

There are certain VERO items that will not let you type their names in the headline, but only in the description. If you insist on the headline you will have to link your paypal and go through many more verification steps.
Old 05-09-2010

Longevity: 86%

I have gotten those messages when Ebay thinks I am over charging for shipping. I can still go ahead and list it.....they put that on there as a way to let you know that a red flag went up....more than likely over shipping....say you select standard flat rate shipping and charge like $14, you will get that message. To see if that is the case, change your shipping to Large flat rate box and charge like $14.80 for shipping and see if that makes the message go away.....if it does then it is the shipping issue. Good Luck!
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Keywords in the listing title are always my bane.

Hypothetical example: Historic George Washington Letter about Wholesale Politics transcribed by CD Smith of List, Pennsylvania (obviously too long to be real title)

Wholesale and CD in one title, regardless of context or position will set off a flag, even if you abandon the listing when you see the warning. If you get warned, you are already flagged.

At least that is my experience.

Watch your spelling too. Suppose I want to sell a mnemonic card game called Xboz Mos Uextremm with Jack

Out of common muscle memory in my fingers, they would try to make familiar words they have often typed. It could end up looking like this, if I were not careful to proof-read: Xbox Memory Mod iExtreme Hack (which would nearly get your location raided). Definitely flagged.

The example was not real. The flag part is. YMMV.
Old 05-09-2010

Longevity: 81%

I got an 04 ebay account. I sell majority legit stuff but my main seller/Highest profit item is a knockoff. I got a certain legit product for a good price, i went on ebay to list it and once i got done setting the listing up and tried to post it. A warning came up and it said im listing in a high risk category and in order to be fair the company only allows 5-7 day auctions and not 3 days like i wanted and i need to go back and change it to 5-7 days before i posted the item. I immediately got out of it. Am i flagged? If so for how long? cause ion wanna have to stop selling my knock off item for a long period of time cause that brings me atleast 1000 a week. It would be a shame for my 04 account to get watched more/shut down because of a legit product and not my knockoff !!!!!

(By the way no one complains about my knockoffs every customer is very happy and i have 100 percent feedback)
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Well, it is impossible to say with definite confidence.

My own experience would say you are already flagged. Others may disagree. Let's see who else chimes in.
Old 05-10-2010

Longevity: 86%

Well like I said I have gotten that message lots before.......and still went ahead and listed the auctions and I never had any auction taken down....I guess it is impossible to say for sure if you are flagged or not. Just like it beats the heck out of me how ebay offers some ebayers percentages back for purchases, or the whole 100 free listings thing to certain ebayers. Who knows for sure with ebay.
Old 05-10-2010

Longevity: 82%

I got either a similar or the exact same warning as you selling Bose items. I ignored the warnings because I thought they were automatically generated for anyone trying to sell Bose products.

After I sold about five of them on two different accounts linked to one Paypal one of my eBay accounts got hit with a MC019 violation/listing removal. Cool thing is on the other account I had two more auctions up for the same item and this account didn't get hit with the MC019 like the other one did.

I had some kind of point...oh well my mind is wandering off today...

-Albert Einstein