Avoiding a limitation - Is there a pattern? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-07-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Avoiding a limitation - Is there a pattern?

I've wondered this for a while. Is there any pattern to when you can expect a limitation? Does it happen for instance more often on a weekday or weekend? Is there a particular time of the day less or more likely to be limited? Morning, noon, evening, dead of night? For instance, Paypal customer service isn't 24/7. So is there always someone there in their tech department watching or do they go home and let the computer take over? Is it always just the computer watching, do they "double up" during business hours, OR do they take the auto-pilot off and run the show with humans during that time? If so, that might mean that you're more likely to slip by as humans can't handle everything at once. Or perhaps the middle of the night would be the right time? Who knows?

If in fact there is a pattern to limitations and we can figure out what kind of pattern, maybe we can help each other to avoid a limitation when all we're trying to do is conduct business.

So what has been your experience?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-07-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Recently, when All My paypal accounts were limited it was around 4 pm ebay time on separate days. HMMMM

I wonder if that is when the fraud detection software gets run, or when the paypal security nazis do that fun task right before going home to their parent's basements.

Maybe the trick is when you get money in, make sure to get it out by buying something or transferring it to another account before 4 in the afternoon.
Old 09-07-2007

make sure not to do big transactions under a personal account as well and another thing i found out as well if you open a paypal account for months and dont use it then begin to use it no matter how many tranaction is did they never limited it and it was un verified
Old 09-07-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

No patterns that I know. It's all automated based on your transactions. If you have an account manager that could call for a biased opinion... I know my Paypal manager calls me every once in awhile depending on any changes to my account.

Just don't worry about it too much, there's not much you can do other then being legit, and scam free.
Old 09-08-2007

Account manager?

Paypal Manager?

What are they and what do they do?
Old 09-15-2007

hmm I got mine limited after getting 3 claims within a month. They locked my $1500 and now I have to wait 180 days to get it out. Crazy.. Now I use hubby's PayPal but I'm worried too... even after faxing over DL , ID and proof of shipment, they don't care and never respond. I would like to have back up and prefer to use other. I heard that BidPay is good... I use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id and info for Ebay but not sure if Ebay info and Bidpay have to match.. Does anyone know?
Old 09-15-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Account manager?

Paypal Manager?

What are they and what do they do?
I don't know really. After my account reached a certain daily limit (3k+ a day), this guy called me from Paypal letting me know he was my account manager and if I ever needed help with anything to call and he would try to help. He calls me every once in awhile when ever there are major changes to my account, just to confirm I made the changes or if there was a higher then usually refund rate or chargeback's. Whenever I call Paypal customer service I get forwarded to him and he helps me out.
Old 09-15-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
hmm I got mine limited after getting 3 claims within a month. They locked my $1500 and now I have to wait 180 days to get it out. Crazy.. Now I use hubby's PayPal but I'm worried too... even after faxing over DL , ID and proof of shipment, they don't care and never respond. I would like to have back up and prefer to use other. I heard that BidPay is good... I use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id and info for Ebay but not sure if Ebay info and Bidpay have to match.. Does anyone know?

eBay and bidpay don't work together, so it doesn't matter.
Old 09-15-2007

Sorry to hear about your $1500 StacyP mine was limited with $60, it was only a month old and I had no claims against me. Sure, I don't want to lose even $60, but until the PP limit gets lifted I can't use the linked EB account to list any new items.
Sure the ones I had up there are all selling and PP will gladly accept payment for them provided that I can't reach the winners before they send payment to PP.
Surprisingly since my account is currenlty "limited" to risky activity that would say to me that maybe I am up to something that I shouldn't. They limit me so I can't make money from "risky activity" but they are more than happy to accept money form this "risky activity" and let unknowing buyers throw there $$$ into a potential bottomless pit. I'm not only upset, but I feel for the buyers too
Old 10-13-2007

Longevity: 98%

How to open an PP account using the same info as your ebay acount w/ simon gift card. If so, how can I add my bank acount to this bogus PP account. How can I transfer funds from unverified PP to verified PP account. I have an PP account that is in good condition and verified. But if I tried to create an eBay account using that PP account. I get suspended after an hour of listing
Old 10-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbach View Post
How to open an PP account using the same info as your ebay acount w/ simon gift card. If so, how can I add my bank acount to this bogus PP account. How can I transfer funds from unverified PP to verified PP account. I have an PP account that is in good condition and verified. But if I tried to create an eBay account using that PP account. I get suspended after an hour of listing
I did exactly that.
1) got myself an SGC
2) opened an EB account
3) when prompted through the reg process used that same SGC to open a PP acct
4) went back and selected SGC as payment of seller fees to EB with the PP acct created with that same card as secondary EB payment
5) added a bank acct with an entirely different name to the PP account to get "verified" *note PP only asked for the routing and acct #'s* they then made 2 very small deposits that I had to verify with PP to prove that I had access to the account. When I entered them in I was "verified"
I have not used the acct yet to send or receive payments other than to pay my seller fees with money from the newly added BA.

As with everything here though, what works today might not work tomorrow or what works for me might not work for everyone.
Old 10-15-2007
Administrator

Paypal is not a long term solution anymore. Same as eBay. It's better to find a merchant account like, Modee, Chris Hanson and others use with eBay. Their accounts are lasting longer on eBay now because Paypal isn't there to link and shut them down.
Old 10-15-2007

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
I did exactly that.

5) added a bank acct with an entirely different name to the PP account to get "verified" *note PP only asked for the routing and acct #'s* they then made 2 very small deposits that I had to verify with PP to prove that I had access to the account. When I entered them in I was "verified"
What do you mean with an entirely different name? What happens if the name of the paypal account I am trying to open does not match the name of my real bank account that I will use to make withdraws? I am not doing anything illegal or funky, just wonder how much of my bank account information paypal can really have access to!
Old 10-31-2007
Executive [VIP]

I think it depends greatly on the amount of money you leave in the account. Sure there are people with $1500 balance accounts getting locked up, but many accounts get locked because you withdraw too often.

One of my accounts was locked after I withdrew every day about $100 for 2 months. Another account where I withdraw $500-$600 every week for over 2 months is still going strong. I leave around $250-$300 in it at all times.
Old 10-31-2007

the systems too complicated to know for sure. theres toooo many factors that are involved.
Old 11-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

I know someone from Japan who sold 2000+ items through eBay and got paid through PayPal for all transactions without problems. All items are in the $50 range, so he got around $100,000 through PayPal without being limited even once.
Old 11-01-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Dont believe that. Unless it was like 4 years ago
Old 11-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

Nope, in fact he opened his account in November 2006, so it's not even yet a year old.
Old 11-01-2007

I have accepted around 5K through my paypal account without being limited. My transactions varied from $40-$800. I stopped using it though since im using google checkout now.
Old 11-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

Well, the guy I mentioned above claims his "secret" is to leave some funds in the PayPal account and not withdraw everything down to the last penny every day. I can confirm from my own experience that the accounts where I leave a few hundred $'s in at all times have never been limited and one of the ones where I always withdraw everything got limited last week, so maybe there's some truth in that.
Old 11-01-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

very interesting stuff, here.
Old 11-01-2007

Well if someone transfers every penny each day out of PayPal, this does look suspicious. If you are going to do that everyday, why not just get a merchant account or other payment methods like Google checkout. I have personally taken in well over 5000+ from Paypal without any limitations. Account is about 5 years old.