Amazon Competitor Threatening Me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Amazon Competitor Threatening Me

I received an email tonight from a competitor on Amazon. Basically, he accusded me of selling pirated products (which is not true). He is basically demanding that I pull my listing or provide him with a "DR#" which he claims all authorized distributors have. He states that he will be having someone buy the product from me and have it verified with a distributor I never heard of.

Although this email was sent TRHOUGH Amazon, it is not FROM AMazon. My guess is that it is an empty threat.

Has anyone else received anything like this?

It has been brought to our attention that you are selling pirated products. We are having a 3rd Party purchase a set from you and we'll be verifying authenticity with JM Distribution which distributes the Region 1 version globally. If we find your products are in fact pirated, we'll be informing Amazon of your product and false claims of authenticity as well as appropriate parties which deal with pirated goods. You came to our attention as your price for this product is only X cents above JM Distribution cost from the studios. We are an extension of JM so we're able to sell this low, but to see another entity able to sell at this price gives the idea that the claims brought to our attention may be valid which is punishable by law and constitutes Amazon removal.

If your product is in fact authentic, what is your DR#? DR#'s are issued to each authorized distributor. If you are not sure of your products authenticity, please remove it promptly to comply.

Since my items are real, I am not worried about legal consequences, but Amazon is just NUTS about suspending anyone even suspected of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and I am concerned that this email could flag my account for review (which pretty much means that you get no chance to tell your side of the story, they just block you and that is that).

I am afraid that answering him (even though he cannot force me to do anything) would just make the situation worse.

Has anyone experienced this or something similar?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Check the persons feedback that sent you the message if you can.
JM Distribution is a DVD distribution in South Florida.
Anyone can buy from them and sell for them....

Wholesale DVD Video Distributor Bulk B2B Supplier of Movies Music CDs DVDs
Old 05-12-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default This guy is new

I just found out this is a new guy. He has no feedback, he is listed as "just launched". He goes by EG Distribution.

So, apparently this clown thinks he can intimidate other Amazon users into stopping their sales. I have his name and state, so I am doing further research.

I was not aware of JM Distribution, but they really are a third-tier distributor. The three industry biggies are Baker & Taylor, Super D and Navarre (I have accounts at all three).

Again, my concern is mainly Amazon. I know people who have been booted who sell only legitimate items, and they never even had a chance to prove their innocence.
Old 05-12-2010

Longevity: 80%

I would not even worry about him... I got an ebay account banned for ""site interference" because I reported someone who was selling bootleg... be careful about that kinda stuff
Old 05-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcruz773 View Post
I would not even worry about him...
I 2nd that....
Either he is a "new" person and just dumb as a rock...
OR
He is a NEW person that opens multiple accounts because he keeps getting his accounts suspended & blocked.

I looked up his selling page.
All his Titles he is selling can be real or counterfeit....
Old 05-16-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just an Update:

Thier account has been canceled. I don't know if it was due to a seller complaint about the harrassment, or if a buyer received a shoddy item, but they are gone.

I am only happy because now he will hopefully stop causing trouble for eveyone. I do not take any particular joy in anyone else's misfortune.

I think if there is a lesson here it is that if you, as a seller, receive a threatening email from someone who has never purchased anything from you, it is best to not respond to it. You will never win an argument with such a person. Nothing positiver can come from responding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-19-2010)