Suncorp Banned me! advice needed pls - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 05-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Suncorp Banned me! advice needed pls

Hello all,

So....i had 30 accounts with suncorp....which is a bit of an alarm ringer as it is....it was kind of an accident wanted to open 20 but one request for more accounts got doubled....anyway thats a long story in itself....

basically everything was running fine and i moved about hmm $5000 through the account in 2-3 months....slowly growing the amount each time...no dramas
had each suncorp sub account connected to a separate paypal....(which was connected to separate ebay accounts)....

but my dad in Dubai was going through a heart surgery so i had to leave everything and fly to him....stayed there 2 months...and accessed my suncorp account from there..it logged in the first 2 times well...
but 3rd time....all my accounts were gone.

Got my brother in Australia to call bank ....they said i need to come in the branch....

when i returned back to aussie...i went to branch and they said sorry....u have multiple payments coming into your accounts from paypal from different names....and our bank doesnt appreciate such activity.....we request you please close your accounts with us...take the money whatever is left in it....and please dont start an account again with us....

and that was the end of it!!!

the good thing is...suncorp didnt contact paypal....my paypals and ebay accounts are all fine!!....

now....i am trying to figure out how suncorp found out about this?....the main red flag seems to be me accessing the account from dubai....it must have got some of the investigation staff to check if there is hacking going on etc....and suddenly bumped into the paypal galore i had going in there! one thing led to next and here i am!!!

or ....do you guys think it had nothing to do with Dubai ip...and just a coincidence it happened at that time... ?....

I had a friend open another 20 accounts with them...staying dormant..for a rainy day exactly like this!....

i am planning to use them but dont know what is the best way to go about it?

i mean...

1) Do i start new ebay accounts/new paypal/ and attach them to these new suncorp accounts?

2) use existing ebay accounts...but create new paypal and link them to suncorp accounts

3) continue using the existing ebay accounts....and paypal accounts...
and ALSO create additional new accounts.....and to cashout the old paypals....send money to new paypals....? wont paypal get suspicious when they notice constant movements of cash from same paypal accounts?

4) dont create new paypals....just update existing paypals bankins info?...seems like such a waste of not being able to make more paypals....also wouldnt suncorp get suspicious or catch on to this if they notice the same paypal names are being used for a my friends accounts! and block it?

there are quite a few ways to do this....and i am really confused how to go about it.

what about legal issues...if suncorp connects my friends accounts with me...would that cause them to take legal action? (although i am not sure what i did was really illegal from banks point of view?....maybe just breaking paypals TOS at best?)

Please help....whoever can.....and as always i will return favors to those who help me if i can....and general contribution to aspkin forums...wherever i can.

Thanks!
Fairgo.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Most likely the Dubai IPs. I can see a heightened scrutiny of transactions related to Dubai after the recent event covered by international media...

Don't use those stash accounts with your current ebay and paypal accounts.

I suggest keep those stashed.

Make some new bank accounts NOT using sun trust. Attach those new accounts to paypal. Keep on truckin'.

Drop a couple nickels in Aspkin's tip jar.
Old 05-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Suncorp got stung in a forex scheme. And the perpetrators were from.....
Dubai & The Lebanon Dont bank with them ever again.
Be careful about putting all your eggs in one basket