shipping fee charged (Amazon) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default shipping fee charged (Amazon)

Good god, what does Amazon use to price shipping? 1966 rates?

maybe 1/3 of what it will cost for reasonable delivery time. At least half anyway...

I see no option to edit it, so I assume its carved in stone.

I probably already know the answer, but do you guys just add some shipping costs into item?

I listed 3 items and after I ship its pretty much a wash. But the point is to get started so not a worry.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Yeah on Amazon you can't alter your shipping rates. Amazon chooses the rates for each catergory. So if you want to get more for shipping then you should figure it into your price.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
pod (06-13-2010)
Old 05-16-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Far worse than I expected

Shipping fee from Amazon $4.42
My real Cost $21

Shipping from Canada blows cost wise. I could have sent without tracking and saved $5, but with a new account not a good idea. Absolute cheapest method via Canada Post was $11 and would have taken 3 -4 weeks or longer...

No idea what the hell Amazon uses for shipping estimate. When ever I buy off Amazon, the shipping is very high....

Forced to offer std shipping, but we all know if a package takes 2 1/2 weeks to get there buyer has a fit

Basically, with fees and extra shipping, cost me $22.36 to sell an item for 39.99

It was just an item I didn't care about and was just to get my feet wet, so no big deal. But there is no way being from Canada am I going to be able to sell anything under $40 that I cant hide $10 bucks in there somewhere
Old 05-17-2010

Longevity: 81%

The shipping costs that Amazon determines are for assumed U.S. to U.S. addresses (from what you said, at least, it sounds like your on the american amazon shipping from canada), so its definitely going to be much more expensive for you. Amazon would doubtlessly counter with "that's what amazon.ca is for."

Also canada to u.s. tracking is a joke. As soon as it hits the border it is no longer tracked, so I can't imagine that it would do you much good in any potential disputes with buyers.

Its pretty much a take it or leave it scenario for you if choosing to sell/ship on amazon.com from canada.
Old 05-17-2010

Longevity: 85%

Not sure if it is the in CA as US but if you went Pro, you would have the option of determining shipping cost. In all actuality though, as long as your not selling massive stock or little more than than 39 items per month, it is best just to use amazon's fixed shipping rate and adjust your price accordingly for each item you sell.

Do you have list of actual cost somewhere of weight and distance/zip code? At one time I was doing it this way as I have a website from drop shipping company I use that automatically tells me the cost depending on weight and distance. I then use that to determine what my total cost would be including those gauging amazon fees.
Old 05-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post

it sounds like your on the american amazon shipping from canada),

Amazon would doubtlessly counter with "that's what amazon.ca is for."
They are using US shipping for sure. but I'm registered with a Canadian address, so they really should know its not the same. Amazon.ca is nothing like .com. You cant sell products, just books and dvds. So .ca is useless... They may have added some products, but unlike ebay, I don't think listings on .com show from .ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recherché View Post

if you went Pro, you would have the option of determining shipping cost.

it is best just to use amazon's fixed shipping rate and adjust your price .
I will look into pro for adjusting shipping. May be worth it if I can at least add $5 to a package and hide in another $5 in price. 8 sales and it pays for itself.

I could be wrong, but from what i can tell, selling on .ca would be a mistake. Less customers. I really didnt think that amazon would work in all sellers to US costing regardless of location. Used to ebay being international...

Worse case I will just have no choice but to work in extra cash for shipping. Shipping from Canada is one of the most expensive in the world.
Same package and weight is 3 or 4 times TO US as it is FROM US :(

If I go pro, can shipping be changed in standard listings, or to achieve this I would need to make my own catalog item? One thing i really like about amazon is if selling an existing product it takes seconds. description and images are there. that's pretty nice over ebay for many items
Old 05-27-2010

Longevity: 80%

thank you for sharing:D