paymate now coming to ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 05-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Thumbs up paymate now coming to ebay

I Have just heard that paymate is coming to ebay, this is great news, I believe this is because ebay US was taken to court by credit card companies saying ebay is monopolizing the payment market by making sellers use paypal, I hear that you no longer need to offer paypal when selling on ebay as you can just offer paymate. Please does anyone know this to be true?

If this is true this is great for stealth accounts as paymate do not have anything to do with ebay which means NO CROSS REFERENCING OR TRACING, also paymate pays into your bank account direct which means no limitations as it goes to your bank NOT PAYMATE. fees are the same as paypal though. Another huge advantage for paymate instead of paypal is you can have an ebay account in one name and your paymate in your Real name, paymate do not give out personal information to ebay, this means all you need to do to create a stealth account really is a new name, address and email address, and isp, same as now but you can still use your real bank account.

If anyone knows this is true I would love to know as this is great news for MEEEE.

Anyone who has ebay accounts suspended due to a paypal issue can now get reinstated by ebay, change payment methods to paymate only, piss of paypal all together and yes paymate is worldwide. last I heard 65% of buyers prefer to use paymate instead of paypal.

Look forward to any reponses on this and verifaction if what I hear is true.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

This is not new. Paymate had already come to ebay last year.

Not sure if you can refrain from accepting Paypal. However I think I remember something about avoiding it IF you had an accepted merchant processor instead.

Try setting up and implementing Paymate. Let us know how it goes. Tell us if eBay wants hard copies of your Paymate credentials.

I think the 65% statistic is in reference to Australian buyers, not worldwide. Since most buyers seem to not even know Paymate exists.
Old 05-13-2010

Longevity: 86%
Default Avoid Paypal on Ozzie Ebay

As Vic said...its now new....however...earlier on paymate was an option in addition to mandatory paypal.

the NEW thing now is that...u can accept paymate INSTEAD of paypal altogether.

here is the ebays annoucement page in reference to that:
May 2010

But...reading from Paymates announcement page...it seems paymate will be "integrated" into the checkout....hmm wouldnt this mean ebay can see the name on the paymate account?....

I was thinking of calling paymate to find out but not sure what kinda question to ask and not look shady to them lol. (any suggestions?....i was thinking of starting out like...me and my wife have separate accounts on ebay....are we allowed to use the same paymate account?....hmm or maybe...I really hate paypal...and want to give as little information to paypal or its owner ebay as possible...does paymate share information like name etc with ebay...since its integrated?)

or what do you think would be a better structure of those questions?
Old 05-13-2010
Vicvelcro

I interviewed Paymate last year, under the guise of a reporter for a small web news-zine. Heh, they fell for it.

Anyhow, I had prepared 20 relevant questions that mattered to me. Their answers were disappointing 17 out of 20. I passed them by.

However, I did read some subsequent information about them that indicated they had changed their policy regarding some of my questions. Sadly, not enough changes to suit me.

One thing they would not confirm OR deny: "Will you be sharing Paymate client information with eBay?"

If they had 19 good out of 20, but that last question were still unanswered, I'd pass them by still.
Old 05-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Gold

not is

glitters

that

all

Old 05-14-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks guys, I know someone who uses paymate so am going to give him a call and see if paymate gives out personal information, from what I can gather from him as he is the one who told me about this he says no personal information is given out as ebay is not connected to ebay at least no here in australia but will ring sydney office to find out.
Old 05-14-2010

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 85%

There's a few people I spoke to here that use a combination of paymate and paypal to accept payments without any problems. Rotation is always good. Plus, they let you create 1 paymate per ebay account using the same info since they don't share. :D

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 05-14-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

I use Paymate and Paypal on several of my accounts and haven't had any issues with them at all. There are some slight drwabacks to Paymate. The first is that they take up to 48hrs to process each payment. So you can't ship it out until they process it and know that its a legit card and such. Second is after it's processed it takes up to 5 business days before the money appears in your account. Third is you can't use a third party listing program like Auctiva you have to post directly thru Ebay still.
The plus side to Paymate is that like Official said you can have multiple accounts but so far I have found they don't really care what you sell. Now if you started getting chargebacks and lots of refunds then it may become a issue. I have 2 products that I sell on Ebay that are high risk and get VERO listings pulled all the time and I use Paymate as the payment processor. I just sell it a little cheaper than anybody else on a BIN and I have great results.
You also have to have a minimum of 10 feedback as a seller with a 98% rate to set up a Paymate account. PM me if you have any other questions.
Old 05-14-2010

Love it. As a contrarian, ebay's acceptance of Paymate as an alternative to PayPal spells longer term 'doomsday' for ebay. Only sellers speak highly of Paymate. There is going to buyers' revolt when PayPal and ebay go separate ways.

I would not use any other method of payment other than PayPal for ebay purchases because I am going to be scammed immediately otherwise.

Increasingly ebay is assuming an exclusive role in resolving disputes between buyers and sellers. All conflict resolution is now directed to ebay. From what I understand, its a hair raising experience. When you combine that with payment processor such as Paymate, ebay is going to turn into fraudsters paradise--this is going to drive buyers away.
Old 05-14-2010
Threadstarter  

this is for ebay australia ebay writes

13 May 2010 | 11:37AM EST

A number of changes will come into effect on eBay.com.au in July this year:

Accepted Payment options
New Basic Store fees for Books and Music listings
New Local Classifieds listing format
Each of these changes is explained in detail below.

Accepted Payment options
From 14 July, the Accepted Payments policy will be revised giving sellers greater choice in the payment methods they are able to offer buyers. The revised policy requires sellers offer at least one of the following three accepted safer payment methods:
PayPal
Paymate
Merchant credit card

Increasing the number of accepted safer payment methods will help eBay develop an enhanced checkout experience in line with industry best practice. The introduction of the two new accepted safer payment methods have been discussed with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), who have welcomed the initiative.

There will be no change to other payment methods currently permitted on eBay.com.au.

New Basic Store fees for Books and Music listings

it says at least one so now we can nick off paypal, I dont know about paymate in the US but according the paymate website they are not intergrated with ebay here that means its good for stealth accounts, I too have high end items and was selling 6k a month easy so again I will be checking with paymate how this will go but from what I have read and heard, for Australia this is great news,

still love to hear more feedback mainly about intergration
Old 05-15-2010

Longevity: 84%

have any Aussies already opened stealth Paymate accounts ?
Old 06-02-2010

Longevity: 80%

is stealth the new way to sell?
Old 06-02-2010
Vicvelcro

Nope. Been around since before the new millennium began.