Where is my money? (Amazon) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Where is my money? (Amazon)

Just curious if anyone can help me with this and if you might have had this happen to you before. My account was shout down a few months back and I was told I would get my funds in 90 days. Well 95 days went by and I got an email from them saying money has been transferred, the same automated emails I got every two weeks from them with payments in my old account. Said it would take 2-5 business days as usual, but this time it did not show up at its usual time. (3 days) So I decided to wait a week, (5 business days plus the weekend) It has now been 12 days and I still have not received the funds they said they sent. I'm going to email them about it but just curious if anyone knows whats going on and if they are up to something. Its a pretty big deal because its a big chunk of money. Thanks for your help guys.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

explain a bit more, why was it shut down,

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-14-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Im guessing he is talking about Amazon because usually Amazon only holds funds for 90 days when they shut down a account. Plus they automatically dispurse your payments every 14 days if you don't request your money earlier.
Old 05-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

u money may be held up to six months...it depends on if u had any orders refunded during ur 90 day wait period. If so, then ur wait is much more:(
Old 05-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ..

Quote:
"u money may be held up to six months...it depends on if u had any orders refunded during ur 90 day wait period. If so, then ur wait is much more:( "
I understand because I remember you saying something about that in an earlier post. however, is it normal that I would have gotten an email telling me the money is being sent, when in fact they are still holding it? I did get a few a-z claims during the 90 day period, including a few that are even still open, so that was confusing to me that they said they would send the money and there were still open a-z claims. I'm actually ok with waiting another 60 days, I just want them to tell me thats whats going on, if that is indeed whats going on. As long as it comes in the long run I have no worries.
Old 05-15-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You should contact your bank and ask them to look for the transaction.
Old 05-16-2010

same thing with my acct. amazon kept saying money was being sent but it never was....amazon rep told me that another amazon dept. was blocking it due to "concerns" over the account. Left hand of Amazon does not know what the right hand is doing.

If u still have open a-z claims then unfortunately add another 90 days to when claim was opened.

Call Amazon CS and ask..if you act nice to them and pretend that you are just a confused seller then they will sometimes give you information. You may have to call every day to a new rep to finnaly get what you are looking for.

Ask the rep if/when you account was put on "Reserve". In my case, my funds got released 90 after the Reserve date which was 40 days after my account as closed.
Old 05-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ....

Thanks for all the advise, good to hear from someone whos been in my shoes before. Strange thing, so I emailed them concerned about the situation and although they didn't respond to me I got another automated email telling me that the funds are being released to me and I should receive them in 3-5 banking days. Only this time, the grand total they said they were sending me was a little less than original, I'm assuming because of the open a-z claim that finally closed.

Amazombie, you just mentioned how they kept saying your money was being released without you receiving it, does this mean you were getting multiple emails like I'm starting to? I will try and call them in the next day or two and see what I get out of them, I'll try to keep you posted.
Old 05-17-2010

Longevity: 93%

My guess is Amazon computer did the job to initiate ACH deposit to your account after the time is up, but Seller Performance held it back before the transaction was completed. This may be why you've gotten that "money is sent" e-mail, but the fund never show up. It's well known that Seller Performance dept. does many things against your will and never told you about it. However, you should check your bank account info first and make sure it is correct. Maybe they are just sending it to the wrong account #.
Old 05-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ..

I guess your probably right about the automated email, it still doesnt add up to me why i would have received one, and then was sent another 2 weeks later with a slightly different amount being sent. (supposedly) It really frustrates me that they wont return my emails yet they will continue to send me automated ones, but being frustrated with Amazon is not something I'm new to, so I guess I get what I ask for. So then are you guys pretty sure the funds are just being held longer and will eventually be released to me? Thats all I want to hear. Now, 2 months from now, whenever, just so long as it arrives, otherwise I will have to get a lawyer and pay him half my earnings, if thats even feasible
Old 05-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Consider an attorney as a last resort.

Try Amazombie's advice. A confused 'please help phone call' might give you more insight. Emails between you & Amazon mostly trigger generic responses. Before you call them, make sure the bank account info is correct. Make sure everything your end looks 'good'.
amzon is not dissimilar to ebay/paypal where the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing
Old 05-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ...

thanks Greenbean,

Yes, an attorney would be last resort and I wouldnt even attempt that route until another 90 days as I've heard from Amazombie that something similar has happened to him in the past and he got his funds 90 days after the automated email was sent, being a total of 180 days (correct me if I'm wrong Amazombie) I'm a little nervous to call them as expected with a stealth account but I suppose I can muster up some courage for this. I can do my own research but does anybody have the # to call them? I can't seem to find it.
Old 05-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Meant to post this a while back as it has options to contact amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=518316
3rd page in, there's details about contact. The different options are there
Old 05-18-2010
Vicvelcro

There is no normal way to contact Amazon Seller Services. There is an option on the Amazon site to have THEM call YOU. I have found them to be very uninformed and mostly unhelpful. The call center people are not directly involved with merchant issues and they will insist that they cannot route your call to seller services.
Old 05-18-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Just curious if anyone can help me with this and if you might have had this happen to you before. My account was shout down a few months back and I was told I would get my funds in 90 days. Well 95 days went by and I got an email from them saying money has been transferred, the same automated emails I got every two weeks from them with payments in my old account. Said it would take 2-5 business days as usual, but this time it did not show up at its usual time. (3 days) So I decided to wait a week, (5 business days plus the weekend) It has now been 12 days and I still have not received the funds they said they sent. I'm going to email them about it but just curious if anyone knows whats going on and if they are up to something. Its a pretty big deal because its a big chunk of money. Thanks for your help guys.
Don't think about emailing, call them and keep calling and asking your status on your payments. They can keep very easily your amount if you do not fight for it.
Old 05-18-2010
Vicvelcro

Problem with Amazon is - they have too many departments involved for this type of issue.

Customer service is oriented for buyer concerns - they can't help sellers much.
Seller Services can not be reached directly and they don't often talk via phone.
Seller Services communicates rarely and they do so via email.
Seller Services has no influence over financial transfer issues.
The department that deals with Financial Transaction issues is so secretive, you won't likely ever communicate with them at all. They often only communicate vague information to Seller Services - who doesn't understand what is provided.

It's like 3 blind men trying to describe an elephant over a long distance phone call to a deaf mute.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Amazombie (05-18-2010)
Old 05-18-2010

Quote:
It's like 3 blind men trying to describe an elephant over a long distance phone call to a deaf mute.
Ha!...that is a good one
Old 05-18-2010

Try to call seller support and explain your situation to them. They can at least check the status of your account and see if Seller Performance has done anything to stop the fund transfer.
Old 05-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Just an update, I got my money. Really strange how they sent two automated emails about payment before I got it. I'm assuming it was automatically being sent, then seller performance team stopped payment because of a couple open a-z claims, closed the a-z claims, and then resent the payment exactly 2 weeks later for whatever reason.

Just wondering, does anybody know if a customer can still open an a-z claim now that I've got my final payment? Or can I finally be done with that account for good now?
Old 05-19-2010

Usually, buyer can open A-Z claim within 90 days after the purchase. I think it is not doable after the time period.
Old 05-21-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbala View Post
Usually, buyer can open A-Z claim within 90 days after the purchase. I think it is not doable after the time period.
As Amazombie say your funds may be held for up to six month, so customers can open claims after 90 days or make chargeback after 90 days or something else?)