Price Range Weelky/Monthly? To Avoid Limitation? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-21-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Price Range Weelky/Monthly? To Avoid Limitation?

Price Range Weelky/Monthly? To Avoid Limitation?

Im thinking 400 monthly but what about weekly...im about to list some items again but i already recieved 2 payments for a total of 100 this week....would it be wise to post up another 2 auctions? for under a benjamin?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

There is no magic number. It depends on the age of the account and what categorys you are selling in. Usually the only thing you need to worry about is Paypal and not Ebay if you are using a stealth account.
Old 05-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
There is no magic number. It depends on the age of the account and what categorys you are selling in. Usually the only thing you need to worry about is Paypal and not Ebay if you are using a stealth account.

Cardfelon I KNOW what you are saying, But I have to believe that BOTH Paypal Ebay Having MILLIONS of open accounts and Thousands opening EVERY Day, MUST Have some Type of automated system of Bots constantly seeking accounts that Violate PRE-DETERMINED Thresholds, and send these accounts for Manuel "Review"

I realize that these "PRE-DETERMINED" Thresholds are Vast and Extremely Complex, I personally Have been trying to come up with the Thresholds for Years but I only have a small Sample of ACCURATE Reasons for Account Suspensions.

I also realize that these Thresholds are Constantly Modified and that NEW one's are introduced.

I think that if there was a way on this site to ACCURATELY Document EVERY instance for all Ebay and Paypal Suspensions/Limitations that All of these Thresholds could be Quickly Determined.

What do you think?
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
Burning (05-22-2010)
Old 05-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

I hear what you are saying and agree. We need some kind of open data like wiki... that is editable so people can add what happened and why. As someone else said, it's not ebay to worry about. It's paypal. How to fix that, i dunno. We need to figure a way around paypal .I tried a few tricks recently that worked, but it may put my accounts in jeopardy. we'll see
Old 05-22-2010

Longevity: 88%

Here is a word of advice, I know of personally because it happened to me. I opened a new account on about January first. Let it sit for a couple of weeks, and then sold probably about $600.00 worth of stuff within the next 3 weeks. Basically sold about $600.00 in the account over about 5 weeks or so. Went to withdraw $500 to bank account, got limited immediately. I called and talked with them and they said the reason for limitation was because I had over $600.00 come into the account within a the month of selling. I was selling brand new DVD's. They have an AUTOMATED system she said that will be triggered with you WITHDRAW. You should be fine selling and receiving money but when you withdraw you must be careful.
Old 05-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

You know with that being said, i think it's more than that.

Neither of my last 2 limits because i made a transfer.. i did have 1 pending the last time, but it wasn't even near the same day. i think it has to do with "pending" funds, payments incoming, and also a certain amount. My last limit happened after 2 people within an hour or so of each other bought 2 auctions out at the same time and $140 instantly came into the account pending...
Old 05-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
Here is a word of advice, I know of personally because it happened to me. I opened a new account on about January first. Let it sit for a couple of weeks, and then sold probably about $600.00 worth of stuff within the next 3 weeks. Basically sold about $600.00 in the account over about 5 weeks or so. Went to withdraw $500 to bank account, got limited immediately. .
First Time Withdrawal?
Was the Paypal account Verified?

It is really important to know
Old 05-22-2010

one thing i noticed is that if you open the paypal account sep. and do it first and then have some off ebay transactions and history for about 6 weeks or so then open a new ebay and connect the new ebay to this aged a bit acct. you have less problems. especially if you have transferred to your bank before as just a paypal account.

how this helps a little bit. building a little paypal history looks liek you are not rushing things.
Old 05-22-2010
Threadstarter  

i guess trial and error will be the only way
Old 05-22-2010
Threadstarter  

it would be a good idea to split that between 2 accounts

i will try something similar this week...ill pm you the results
Old 05-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

It was most likely because you were selling brand new dvds which is considered high risk. I have 2 new accounts that I sold over $1500 on each account the first month. Now I won't say what category it was in but it was VERO items. I left all the money in the accounts until I had received feedback or until 7 days had passed from confirmed delivery. I only withdrew $500 out of each account on the first time and had no problems. Each of the accounts are 3 months old now and I have been doing close to $5000 on each account monthly. But I don't try and withdraw all my money at once. It's all about building trust with Paypal and how they view you as a risk.
Quote:
Here is a word of advice, I know of personally because it happened to me. I opened a new account on about January first. Let it sit for a couple of weeks, and then sold probably about $600.00 worth of stuff within the next 3 weeks. Basically sold about $600.00 in the account over about 5 weeks or so. Went to withdraw $500 to bank account, got limited immediately. I called and talked with them and they said the reason for limitation was because I had over $600.00 come into the account within a the month of selling. I was selling brand new DVD's. They have an AUTOMATED system she said that will be triggered with you WITHDRAW. You should be fine selling and receiving money but when you withdraw you must be careful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
Imback2010 (05-22-2010), OfficialGenius (05-22-2010)
Old 05-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It was most likely because you were selling brand new dvds which is considered high risk. I have 2 new accounts that I sold over $1500 on each account the first month. Now I won't say what category it was in but it was VERO items. I left all the money in the accounts until I had received feedback or until 7 days had passed from confirmed delivery. I only withdrew $500 out of each account on the first time and had no problems. Each of the accounts are 3 months old now and I have been doing close to $5000 on each account monthly. But I don't try and withdraw all my money at once. It's all about building trust with Paypal and how they view you as a risk.

This is the best news i have heard all year....lol

Congratz! I will take this advice into consideration.
Old 05-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Best of luck to you!
Old 05-22-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
bottom line is to start slow,its been said 9823982398 times..builld your account selling junk or low priced items so ebay/paypal can trust you,i had 2 similar accounts to your,one was made in jan and the other made in feb,both recently got limited,but i did well over 5000 in sales for about 2 months with no problems

yer accounts will get limited,im sure i know what yer selling,its normal and it will happen shortly,i withdraw mostly 300-500 at a time,but one account was getting alot of money so i went from 500 twice to 750 ..than went 750 again and got limited today,nothing i can do but wait 180 days,not a big deal

again if you want accounts to somewhat last,start slow and get 20-30 feedback from selling,i would never ever start selling on a brand new account,id wait at least 2 months,and regardless of what cardfelon says.dont think yer account is going to last along time when selling vero,i dabbled in vero alot,and if you are doing 5k in sales in high risk under stealth,it will not last more than 2-3 months,theres no way around it,even with perfect feedback,my 2 accounts that went down never had a case opened,no complaint,100% positive,i mean it was expected,i didnt think they would last this long with the amount of money coming in,my only regret is not having enough back up accounts ready to go,i just do not feel comfortable selling with newER accounts..patience is key if you want to last..how else was i or cardfelon able to do alot of sales !
Old 05-22-2010

Activity: 2%

I track alot of vero sellers and they have lasted for years. (powersellers and non)
It all depends on the Vero items! :D
Old 05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
I track alot of vero sellers and they have lasted for years. (powersellers and non)
It all depends on the Vero items! :D
you are 100% correct,but i was refering to stealth accounts,if its all real info,you can beat the system,i did until paypal decided to limit me for a 3rd time,but for a stealth account,i just cant possibly see it lasting over 5 months if yer selling high risk vero..just not possible..real info very possible since you can pass all the security crap,but id rather go stealth and each account last 2-4 months,im ok with that!
Old 05-23-2010

Activity: 2%

The true meaning of stealth is using someone's info(VALID info) or a variation of it.
But many people here think stealth is using random made-up info that don't exist.

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 05-23-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-23-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I dont think stealth is any of the above mentioned things.

I've had one account that has been selling VeRO off and on since forever. Had one MC019 on that account, and one MC019 only. My other accounts maybe haven't been that clean. But under the right conditions and with appropriate caginess, it can certainly be done with longevity.

Partly, it has to do with NOT listing 50 b'zillion risky items on a weekday and partly has to do with knowing when to take a break and for how long. Sometimes you gotta lay low...
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
cardfelon (05-23-2010)
Old 05-23-2010

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
First Time Withdrawal?
Was the Paypal account Verified?

It is really important to know
From what I can remember yes it was a first time withdrawl, also yes it was verified. I follow the stealth rules to a T
Old 05-23-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

Quote:
you need to worry about paypal with the stealth and not ebay?

I just resurrected my mums old ebay account... 8 years old!!!

hopefully this wont get suspended... even if it does, she has all her documentations
Old 05-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

What I meant by that is usually the limitation will come from Paypal first before Ebay will go and suspend your account. That is not the case all the time but the majority of the time it is. Like myself and others have said here in this thread it has to do with what you sell and how you go about selling it. If you think you are going to strike gold over night it will not happen no matter if it is a real or stealth account.
Old 05-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
sold about $600.00 in the account over about 5 weeks or so. Went to withdraw $500 to bank account, got limited immediately. I called and talked with them and they said the reason for limitation was because I had over $600.00 come into the account within a the month of selling. I was selling brand new DVD's.
Most likely because of the "High Risk" Nature of the goods sold, the first withdrawal was too much. Maybe $100.00 first time, $200 the 2nd, $400 the third, with withdrawls spaced about 2-6 weeks apart, something like that.

I am actually trying to develop Specific Formulas for this, I am close to one now selling DVD,s without a problem if I ever get "Down Pat" I May Post it.