Conflicting posts on forum, about whether Paypal is ok to use on EBAY - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-20-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Conflicting posts on forum, about whether Paypal is ok to use on EBAY

So there's a handful of people on this forum who are rigorously against using paypal with ebay, claiming you will get linked and banned. Infact, the mere mention of the word “paypal” results in angry onslaughts.

But i’ve been reading various posts, here and there, over the last couple of days that say otherwise.

(I’m in the UK, so maybe the paypal rules are differen’t here)

According to a number of members:

It’s possible to accept payments to a new unverified paypal account and then transfer the money into your main paypal account (the one’s that probably been banned by ebay) and withdraw from there. You should send yourself an invoice (from the old account to the new one) requesting the money, so that it all looks legitimate and that you’re purchasing something.

But then there’s a possibility of your account being limited at any point. So you’ll need to get verified.

To get VERIFIED on a new paypal account, you need a bank account that hasn’t been used on paypal before. All you need is the account number and sort code/routing number. You don’t have to use your real name or address, because paypal don’t check this. All they want to know is that the account is real, by depositing two small amounts of money, and you confirming what they are.

Ok so this sounds straight forward enough. You’re pretty much starting your paypal account from scratch, just like you’re doing with your ebay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-20-2007

Longevity: 99%

yup sounds right how to get verified...thast how I did it.
Old 10-20-2007

Keep in mind research is suggesting that immediate verification may check name and address information. This may not apply to the UK.
Old 10-21-2007

Just to add some more information about PayPal. It has been mentioned somewhere in the forum that PayPal will eventually ask for a valid SS number. Now for the UK, not sure how this will affect you...Does anyone know what PayPal will ask if not an SS number?
Old 10-21-2007
Threadstarter  

So you've tried this method have you?

Unless there is hard evidence of this method not working, then I'm more than happy to give it a go. There is no reason for anything to go wrong because you're starting everything absolutely from scratch.
:D
Old 10-21-2007

Longevity: 95%

Hi- had an Ebay acct ID Verified/ did the paypal verification, (all in my dads name)- paypal shut down after approx. $150-$200 in sales, ebay followed suit. then paypal got all their info- driv lic/util bills etc-responded w/ we want to make transition easy to phase you out basically... kept emailing ebay to reinstate, then 2 weeks later out of the blue- the ebay acct was up- so i listed like crazy...lasted 10 days then shut down, said linked to a real old acct
Old 10-21-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

kasabian,

When paypal freeze your account with thousands of dollars in it don't come back here complaining. many have already have done so, and we trend to give them the cold shoulder

1st.. Paypal WILL limit your account at some point when money starts flowing in. NOT MATTER WHAT

2nd. IF you keep receiving payments then transfer the money to your main account dont you think paypal will catch on and freeze your account for suspicious activity?? Even a 8 year old can catch on to that

It will get limited if you do that. Paypal and Ebay are not stupid.
Old 10-23-2007

You're running a numbers game. Paypal may notice immediately and might not do anything about it, or it might take them some time. Or you might manage to fall through the cracks for months, even years. The level of suspicious activity will make a difference.

I've transferred money for some time now without problems. You just have to "fit in with the crowd" so to speak.
Old 11-06-2007

I think the paypal secu security system is a bit trigger happy these days...because i bought 2 items using paypal...just services, each were about $15 and they are investigating the transaction even though it was sucessful, i already got the item and the seller recieved payment. I have never used the account to buy anything else or sell anything...the account wasnt limited but the funds were held. Whats so suspicous about $30, come on.
Old 11-06-2007

Sorry to double post...but understanding paypal is really common sense sometimes...like if you open an account and your first transaction is $1500...uhh yeah red flags. Can anyone say easy money laundering...most of time from personal experience what paypal does is for good. I know there are sellers and buyers that get burn but you have to take precaution. I think buyers are probably in the better position because they can responsibly choose who they would like do buy from, where as sellers have to deal with unwarranted chargebacks and scammers, no choice.
Old 11-06-2007
Executive [VIP]

Well, I have 4 active PayPal accounts now. One got limited after reaching a few thousands going through and I got it successfully un-limited after a week. They're not anywhere near as bad as eBay.