Advice please. Vero item sold and now buyer being hard to deal with - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-02-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Advice please. Vero item sold and now buyer being hard to deal with

Hi there,

I got a guy bought my item and he says it's not genuine which I won't dispute (have to make a living somehow - I will go legit when I have enough saved to do so)

He's left me negative feedback and said he wanted twice the cost of the item (about $100) and he'd consider removing it. He's sold a few things himself by the looks of it so knows his way around ebay.

I said I'd refund him the cost of the item if he'd remove the feedback and he's replied saying he'll pursue getting his money back through the resolution centre and I can 'keep the feedback'

Just wondering about this point.. from what I had heard, once it gets to that point, ebay requests they return the item at their own expense if they want to get their money back. Is that correct? He hasn't started the case yet but I'm sure by the morning he will have. I'm a bit concerned if it gets to that stage he might turn into a stalker type and try burn me to the ground.

Would you just refund the money in advance now or try get him to send it back? My feedback is almost perfect and the only 2 negatives I had apart from that out of 3000 were from people who didn't get the item and left negative without asking me for the tracking info and then never replied once they received their items in the end. I don't think there's any way to get rid of it now?

I guess I know the answer already but as with these things, it's always good to hear someone agree.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Well he's started the ebay dispute now.. I guess I have to refund him and hope he goes away?

I read ebay's new thing if the cases go to ebay customer support it counts against your ranking as well? Probably best to avoid that?
Old 06-02-2010
Threadstarter  

I'm talking to myself here but here is a related question..

If I put a reply to his negative feedback, is he notified that I have replied or will he only see it if he goes looking?
Old 06-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicyas View Post
Hi there,

He's left me negative feedback and said he wanted twice the cost of the item (about $100) and he'd consider removing it.
Thats a big no-no. if this message is via the ebay mail system you can report him for extortion. But that will naturally draw attention to your knock off... My guess is he knows as much too

So rock and a hard place.
Old 06-02-2010

Longevity: 81%

The account that you have is really important (wow, 3000 feedbacks). In my opinion, you should talk nice to the guy and at all means save the account in order to avoid a negative feedback. If the item was not very expensive why not to refund him twice... doing this will let you sell more stuff like the item you sold... you'll get your money back...but that's just my opinion
Old 06-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Make him a Counter offer, Drop the Case, Remove the Feedback, Get the refund, and Keep the Item

In the end He is a Slick Dude, a Prick for sure, but still Slick,..... He went from the Victim to the Scammer, Role Reversal, the old saying goes: "Turnabout is Fair Play"

People like this you can Usually Deal with, At this Point he Simply wants to take YOU for attempting to Take HIM!!!
Old 06-02-2010

If it is for a not as describe item he/she will win the case it,s in your best to refund the money but not twice what he paid you will be opening the door for others to the same he/she might have other accounts or tell friends. With 3000 feedbacks & 2 neg will not hurt your ebay sells.
Old 06-02-2010

Longevity: 80%

You can report him for feedback extortion, but ebay will not do anything about it.

If he sells stuff with the same account you can buy something and not pay and leave him negative feedback.

You can reply to the feedback he left for you and tell your side.
With 3000 feedbacks I would not worry about a few negatives.
Put him on your block bidder list and forget about it. They will eventually refund him and he will keep your item.

I would never pay him. For one a matter of principle, for two any time this guy needs money he can buy under another account and extort you again.

The two things I do are is leave the universal warning for sellers to warn them if they ever check his feedback. Some of them hate that mark.

▒▓█ NEGATIVE ▒▓█ Buyer threaten with negative feedback for refund and keep item.

And then I use their info to open a stealth account. When it goes down it might take him with it, and at the very least he will get calls form ebay collections when you change to his number, before it goes belly up.

Last edited by FrankNStein; 06-02-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Pten he already left the negative and emailed me to tell me so when he asked for the extra money.

He's already done the resolution centre stuff, I ticked accept buyers choice but nothing seemed to happen. The other option is tick get buyer to return item which would probably aggrevate him more. Now that I've ticked accept his choice, is it up to him to click something to get his money back?

Also does anyone know the answer to: If I put a reply to his negative feedback, is he notified that I have replied or will he only see it if he goes looking?

I know the blackmail is a big nono.. but yeah, I don't want the attention so I just have to eat it in this case :(
Old 06-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:

I don't want the attention so I just have to eat it in this case :(
from the sounds of it, the account is big bread winner. As advised above, offer him the cash and to keep the item. See if that will make him remove neg. $100 to the scumbag sucks, but pretty cheap in the grand scheme.... I stood my ground before and it costs 100 fold in the long run. There really is no way to win when the buyer has you by the balls, and knows it. eBay is setup so this kind of crap is easy and basically built in. We can only be grateful it doesn't happen every day. Scary as it is, it could easily be a daily issue the way they have the system setup. There are times with the way eBay is setup I just want to scream.... There are always going to be people that know they control all the power. Those people just cant be beat sometimes... :(
Old 06-03-2010

You can report him for feedback extortion, but ebay will not do anything about it.

If he sells stuff with the same account you can buy something and not pay and leave him negative feedback.

Put him on your block bidder list and forget about it. They will eventually refund him and he will keep your item.

I would never pay him. For one a matter of principle, for two any time this guy needs money he can buy under another account and extort you again.

The two things I do are is leave the universal warning for sellers to warn them if they ever check his feedback. Some of them hate that mark.

▒▓█ NEGATIVE ▒▓█ Buyer threaten with negative feedback for refund and keep item.

And then I use their info to open a stealth account. When it goes down it might take him with it, and at the very least he will get calls form ebay collections when you change to his number, before it goes belly up.
Old 06-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBash View Post

People Let us NOT Forget that this was a VERO item that was indeed ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
There is A LOT More to consider here than Ebay.
Old 06-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

cash for feedback removal? no way - you cant even guarantee he would anyhow

you would be mad to give him any money...refund and keep item, is all he can expect...thats all paypal would do for him, so why should you do more than them
Old 06-03-2010

if he wants a refund have him send the product back and reply to him feedback amd move on to the next one.
Old 06-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

no this guy is trouble, you dont want him knowing your address for returns, even if its a mailbox

but I draw the line at double the value back too....
Old 06-03-2010

What is the status of your case in the Resolution Center? Buyer choice sounds like request for full refund. If you agreed, PayPal will refund and close the case!
Old 06-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Hiya,

Yes I've agreed with his choice but now it says it's waiting for him. He hasn't replied to my messages at all so now I'm thinking he might be trying to get ebay reps to look at it and he's not going to reply to it. His comments were something like "ebay when are you going to stop these people!" .. there are dozens of people selling exactly what I am, I just got unlucky he chose me.

The other option is to click for him to return the item to my address. I live in a different country so that's not too much of a worry.. maybe after 2 days I could then say I've gotten it and get them to return his money?
Old 06-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
People Let us NOT Forget that this was a VERO item that was indeed ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
There is A LOT More to consider here than Ebay.

This is a good point.. the thing is that 90% of this particular item on ebay is a copy and they know it obviously. They just turn a blind eye as they have always done unless someone kicks up a fuss.

I am just trying to avoid a fuss.

Crash: He sells stuff intermittently cause there is nothing there right now. He has under 50 stars and they are terrible for communication and dispatch time. Only around the 4 mark! His email is his business email and I found his website. It is something I could definitely mess with as he's a labourer and I could make lots of bookings that he turns up to and they are not there etc.. but we'll cross that bridge if/when it comes I suppose.
Old 06-03-2010

Once feedback has been place , nobody can change positive or negative. So do not worry. I f the person open already a case, answer thru paypal or ebay(depending where he placed the case) and tell him if he wants his money back, there is no problem but he will have to return it. (most like this guy want to keep the item to sell himself)

Quote:
This is a good point.. the thing is that 90% of this particular item on ebay is a copy and they know it obviously. They just turn a blind eye as they have always done unless someone kicks up a fuss.

I am just trying to avoid a fuss.

Crash: He sells stuff intermittently cause there is nothing there right now. He has under 50 stars and they are terrible for communication and dispatch time. Only around the 4 mark! His email is his business email and I found his website. It is something I could definitely mess with as he's a labourer and I could make lots of bookings that he turns up to and they are not there etc.. but we'll cross that bridge if/when it comes I suppose.