IS DHGATE safe place to order items? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 05-30-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default IS DHGATE safe place to order items?

Is there any reviews about such sites?

Also, when ordering, do you use REAL name and HOME ADDRESS?

Have a good day.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2010

Longevity: 80%

It really depends on which supplier you are buying from.
Quote from one of the other forums I go to
"I have used dhgate with sucess, have done several shipments on a variety of goods. Really only had a problem with one order, an incomplete address was put on and it got sent back to china. After showing dhgate the tracking information they refunded the money. only problem is that it took forever to get the refund, about 2 months. so that is something to consider if your funds are limited.

and even though its associated with alibaba, I've also used aliexpress.com positive so far. unlike the regular alibaba, they also have a mediation/escrow process like dhgate"
Old 05-30-2010
Threadstarter  

aliexpress looks better... Anyone used it already?
Old 05-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The VAST,VAST Majority of items that have "Brand" Names on them Like Sony, Pioneer, Ipod ect,ect are COPIES or Counterfeit, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ whatever you want to call them and those products will get you in Hot Water Here. Be Careful--Research,research and more Research, That is the Key.

Also Most sellers there will Never tell you the Truth to most of your Questions. Most sellers there have a "Skill" where they use the fact that because they speak Chinese and you speak English, When you ask a question they understand it COMPLETELY, However they awnser you with such a combination of English words that there awnsers are "Vague" and NEVER Truly awnser your Question, In other words they Lie to you but make it seem that they speak Poor English--So You MUST be Careful.

Unfortunatly DHGate is LOADED with VERMIN!!!---And it is a LOT CLeaner now, you should have seen it 5 years ago, when it was so bad that I know someone that bought a Counterfeit Mini Cooper Car there and Had BIG PROBLEMS here with the Car, the Law, and Everything.

I have been using DHGate for Many years so I am Well Versed on the subject.

Now that being said, I can also tell you that I have met some of THE MOST HONEST and Honorable Sellers on DHGate. Sellers that Today I call "a Friend". "Friend " is a VERY Loosly used word among DHGate sellers.

I have met Sellers there that have Earned me Thousands of Dollars, Sellers that I have gone to China to Visit, Sellers who's Families here in the U.S. I've Met, Sellers who TRULY Own Legit Trading Companies, and Factories, Sellers/Friends who have given me leads and insights to Other Manufactures and Trading Companies.

So What I am Saying is that DHGate is VERY BAD and VERY GOOD at the same time, so Be VERY CAREFUL.

ALIEXPRESS, Alibaba, Tradekey, I Have used ALL of those (And Many More) as well and The Review I Gave above on DHGate also applies to ALL of them as well. The VERY SAME VERMIN that is found on DhGate are also on these sites, just using different Names. Just Like a Lot of People Here in the U.S. Sell on Ebay, Those same People are On Amazon,ioffer, Overstock, ect,ect

Last edited by slapped; 05-30-2010 at 11:27 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-14-2010), optioner (05-30-2010)
Old 05-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your insight.

Do sellers there own factories or just middlemen?

How to contact and meet the sellers? That's great for longterm business.

Counterfeit products they sell are in good quality or not? Can buyers easily tell? Yes, it is not good idea to sell huge amount of such illegal items..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
The VAST,VAST Majority of items that have "Brand" Names on them Like Sony, Pioneer, Ipod ect,ect are COPIES or Counterfeit, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ whatever you want to call them and those products will get you in Hot Water Here. Be Careful--Research,research and more Research, That is the Key.

Also Most sellers there will Never tell you the Truth to most of your Questions. Most sellers there have a "Skill" where they use the fact that because they speak Chinese and you speak English, When you ask a question they understand it COMPLETELY, However they awnser you with such a combination of English words that there awnsers are "Vague" and NEVER Truly awnser your Question, In other words they Lie to you but make it seem that they speak Poor English--So You MUST be Careful.

Unfortunatly DHGate is LOADED with VERMIN!!!---And it is a LOT CLeaner now, you should have seen it 5 yeare ago.

Now that being said, I can also tell you that I have met some of THE MOST HONEST and Honorable Sellers on DHGate. Sellers that Today I call "a Friend". "Friend " is a VERY Loosly used word among DHGate sellers.

I have met Sellers there that have Earned me Thousands of Dollars, Sellers that I have gone to China to Visit, Sellers who's Families here in the U.S. I've Met, Sellers who TRULY Own Legit Trading Companies, and Factories, Sellers/Friends who have given me leads and insights to Other Manufactures and Trading Companies.

So What I am Saying is that DHGate is VERY BAD and VERY GOOD at the same time, so Be VERY CAREFUL.
Old 05-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by incniu View Post
Thanks for your insight.

Do sellers there own factories or just middlemen?

How to contact and meet the sellers? That's great for longterm business.

Counterfeit products they sell are in good quality or not? Can buyers easily tell? Yes, it is not good idea to sell huge amount of such illegal items..

ALL Kinds of Sellers, Factory Owners, Trading Companies (Distributors who Represent MANY Factories) and Indivudials Just Like Here In the U.S

You can first start contacting them thru DHGate, the next thing you Know is you will have Each others Phone Numbers and you will Be up in the middle of the Night (Just like Me) talking to them (12 and 13 Hour Time difference U.S. and China)

As for Counterfeit Products it really depends on the product, Some are awsome some are terrible, But once you start TRULY Dealing with Honest Guys over there ther will be NO NEED to deal in Counterfeit Goods, there will be PLENTY of 100% Legit items that you can Make Money on!!!

Last edited by slapped; 05-30-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-04-2010

I've been dealing with three sellers on DHGate and have had no permanent problems. The very first time I bought from DHGate my shipment got seized, I went back and forth with the supplier for weeks and weeks.

Finally he re-shipped the items and they came perfectly as described only a month or so after. Everything from that first bump has been smooth riding. Just gotta research the seller which should be common sense and communicate with them beforehand. DHGate has a nice function that enables you to chat with the seller live before buying.

-Albert Einstein
Old 06-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

Unfortunatly DHGate is LOADED with VERMIN!!!---And it is a LOT CLeaner now, you should have seen it 5 years ago, when it was so bad that I know someone that bought a Counterfeit Mini Cooper Car there and Had BIG PROBLEMS here with the Car, the Law, and Everything.

ALIEXPRESS, Alibaba, Tradekey, I Have used ALL of those (And Many More) as well and The Review I Gave above on DHGate also applies to ALL of them as well. The VERY SAME VERMIN that is found on DhGate are also on these sites, just using different Names. Just Like a Lot of People Here in the U.S. Sell on Ebay, Those same People are On Amazon,ioffer, Overstock, ect,ect
They have counterfeit cars now?? That seems like a lot of work. But in China who knows
Old 06-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
They have counterfeit cars now?? That seems like a lot of work. But in China who knows
That particular Story is a Couple of years old, but Yes It DID Happen.

I thought about what you are Saying also at the time and I Figured that If the right Group of "Factory" (Metal Fabricator, Plastic/Vinyl Fabricator, ect,ect) Owners Get together, They could do it Easily, and Cheep.
Old 06-04-2010

Hi

With regards to DHgate I have dealt with them for about a year and had great service only one problem order. But hard to find genuine items on site. Can anyone point me in direction of what items I could order from this sight which would be classed as genuine please.
Old 06-05-2010

Longevity: 84%

There's no such thing as genuine on dhgate unless you're talking about China brand products, which should be right there in the catalog. Personally I don't care if it's genuine or not that's just a corporate scam to keep more money in the corporations pockets. Corporations are some of the biggest scammers around ecpecially ebay/paypal the biggest counterfeit traffickers in the world. It's all an illusion.
Old 06-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Here! Here! the whole planet is scamming each other. The larger the corp the bigger the scam. Even if what they sell is legit, they are scamming you into paying more for it. Or you have no choice like oil companies hiding reserves to keep the price up. Backed by the supreme scammer our government letting them lie for hush money.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:
jbluntz (06-05-2010), slapped (08-16-2010), stealthneedhelp (07-25-2010)
Old 06-05-2010

Finally someone who understands.
Old 06-05-2010

I pretty much can count on each order placed having around 20 to 25% of the pieces not working, broken or some type of problem. This spreads out over around 30 different sellers. I'm still trying to find a seller that I can depend on.
Old 06-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Guess it really depends on what you are selling. Some factories produce higher quality product than others.
Old 06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut88 View Post
I pretty much can count on each order placed having around 20 to 25% of the pieces not working, broken or some type of problem. This spreads out over around 30 different sellers. I'm still trying to find a seller that I can depend on.
From my experience that's usually the issue with name brand electronics, which I don't order anymore.
Old 06-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

real address,and real name are very important,sometimes you can go to the shippment company for pick up .But you can use your friend A address,and then you use your friend B name,if you do not want to show your real details .
Old 06-06-2010

You can also use your stealth paypal name and address for billing and a business mailbox for shipping which is what I've done plenty of times.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (06-06-2010)
Old 06-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Hi,Jbuntz.You need to share more expenience to the new sellers here.This way more sellers in this forum can benfit from your great expenience.
Old 06-06-2010

I try to but not too much you want to keep some stuff private , it's not good to spread everything you know out on an open forum.
Old 06-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Maybe you are right,sercet just is sercet,open all ,you will get some problem .
Old 06-06-2010

You're right again, too bad you didn't live so far or we could have lunch tomorrow.