am i gone lol. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 04-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default am i gone lol.

hi everyone!

now ive been active on ebay for over 5yrs and had many accounts.
over time they always seemed to get suspended and linked to old accounts
ive read many threads and posts today and am very happy with what ive learnt.

i currently have 2 ebay and paypal accounts as i was worried about one shutting down

my questions are.

1. will it concern ebay/paypal if my name on my accounts dont match? each paypal account has my real name but are linked to different banks all together. should i change my ebay id to the same as my real name as per paypal?

2. i have a few post to address'es linked to each account that are exactly the same, should i change these or will it put up a red flag?

3. when i browse/buy/sell on my second ebay account should i use a proxy?
also when i log into the second paypal account.

4. should i set-up firefox to erase all cookies after every use? i have many bookmarks saved for forums that have there logins ready, this will erase them which will make browsing much more time consuming.

5. if i use a second laptop that i have on the same network will that benefit me in any way? how should i set it up?

6. i use gmail and have 4 email address'es is this how they are linking me perhaps?

7. when i log in from the other laptop ebay sometimes says it doesnt reconise this computer and wants an id check, i choose email which they send
and i confirm with a code, whats the go with this.

Last edited by 93works; 04-19-2010 at 10:35 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2010

Longevity: 80%

buy the ebay Stealth Book, very helpful
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 80%

93 Works

Question 2: It's a good idea to keep your ebay details and your paypal ones the same to avoid problems. It's not crucial but it will save problems down the track

Question 3: Don't use Proxy!, Set up a different user account on your computer for your different ebay accounts and switch your modem on and off (or swap routers) before going between them.

Q4: Good idea but it's the flash objects & Ebay e-mails with tracking objects you have to worry about too. You could always use Firefox And Chrome, IE etc for different accounts but it's still best to set up different User Accounts to avoid problems.

Using a laptop on the same network is no good because they track you through IP address. I haven't had the 'do not recognise this computer' thing before. But if you go the a library for example and use the computer then run verification from there it will link that IP to your home IP. If other people are using the library to ebay you could end up with a tonne of linked accounts to people you've never even heard of. I'd avoid the Library or any public place.