Seller asking for item back after ebay issued refund - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Seller asking for item back after ebay issued refund

This seller is outrageous. He didnt send my item. Even after repeated emails about when the item was shipped, he ignored me. I filed a case with ebay and he didnt respond to them either. The item did arrive after like a month or so which was really upsetting. I needed it earlier. Anyway, I told ebay all that (i.e. they are aware that I did receive the item) but they still issued me a refund as part of the ebay buyer protection for my inconveniences with this seller. Anyway, now, after he's been ignoring me all this time, the seller is asking me to send him the item back. WTF? Can he do that? Like I said, ebay is aware i got the item and i was honest about that, but the seller was acting in bad faith at all times and ignoring me and I got the item entirely too late. Any ideas? Plus i no longer have the item it was a gift for someone who collects. Any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2010

Was the refund one of ebays new "no fault" refunds, or did it come from the seller?

If it was a no fault, then keep it, the seller has the money. If the seller has paid for the refund, tell him to send you some money via paypal so you can return, not fair on him if you have the item and his money!
Old 06-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Default not sure...

i dont know if the refund came from seller or ebay's no fault thing. All i know is that ebay sent me a message saying that they decided in my favor and refund me the full cost and paypal said that the refund came from ebay. They didnt say anything about returning item to customer. Basically this a--hole of a seller has had my money for a while, didnt ship the item until a month later, never responded to messages....there should be some kind of punishment for people like that. Deliberately not communicating is bad faith on my book and i was inconvenienced because of them (item under 60 dollars - so not like anything huge and expensive) - but still. How dare the seller act in bad faith and ignore me and then have the nerves to make demands.
Old 06-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseMonkey View Post

The item did arrive

they still issued me a refund

the seller is asking me to send him the item back. WTF?

So you got the item and the money back? And seller is outrageous for wanting his item back?

You want to keep the cash AND item. Why, payment for slow shipping?... And HE is outrageous? You keep the money or the item, not both. You dont get it free because it took a month to get to you. What world do you live in?

You sir, are a knob. pay him or send it back. Period
Old 06-10-2010

Longevity: 82%

Asking a forum full of sellers how to jip another seller isn't a very good idea. Understanding that the seller was not so customer savvy doesn't mean you can take advantage and keep both the item and money.

I would either send the item back or pay him the refund you got. If you decide to ship the item back I would definitely make the seller pay for shipment but, you should do one or the other.

-Albert Einstein
Old 06-11-2010

hmmm, difficult questions, but I would ask the seller to paypal postage fees to you and send the item back, as long as you got your money back send it back and leave the seller negative feedack, outlining bad communication and anything else you want to add.
Old 06-11-2010

Longevity: 81%

I had a reversed situation.
The buyer filed a complaint with Ebay and they returned him the money.
In my turn, I emaild the buyer and asked him to ship the item back as he got his money back. The buyer didn't answer any of my emails, of course.
I forgot about this case and was very surprised to see the same item delivered back to me three weeks later!

In this situation the item is gone, the buyer got a refund, so what is he talking about??? Now the buyer is trying "to jip" the seller and not vice verse..
Old 06-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseMonkey View Post
This seller is outrageous. He didnt send my item. Even after repeated emails about when the item was shipped, he ignored me. I filed a case with ebay and he didnt respond to them either. The item did arrive after like a month or so which was really upsetting. I needed it earlier. Anyway, I told ebay all that (i.e. they are aware that I did receive the item) but they still issued me a refund as part of the ebay buyer protection for my inconveniences with this seller. Anyway, now, after he's been ignoring me all this time, the seller is asking me to send him the item back. WTF? Can he do that? Like I said, ebay is aware i got the item and i was honest about that, but the seller was acting in bad faith at all times and ignoring me and I got the item entirely too late. Any ideas? Plus i no longer have the item it was a gift for someone who collects. Any ideas?
Man you are OUTRAGEOUS, not that seller.

Your UserId fits you perfectly: "greaseMonkey"

That seller may have had a Lot of reasons for Messing up your order (Like a Death in the Family) and truthfully the only information that is provided here about that particular sellers lack of performance is from YOU, and judging by what you are attempting (Keeping BOTH the money and the item) the facts you provided for this story In My opinion are in Question.

It is also a Possibility that YOU set out to Defraud the seller Right from the Begining!!! Now that you ran into a Little "Glitch" with your Plan you Come Here for Help!!!---Hows That for a Theory?

Its bad enough that sellers have to deal with Ebay, Paypal and all their Bull, Buyers like you make it that much worse!!!

Why did you give the item away when you Knew it was not yours?
What makes you think you can have the Money AND The item?

It seems to me that you suffer from a FALSE sense of entitlement!!

Well here is the Deal, If the Seller advises ebay that He is Alive and Well and has NOT recieved the item, Ebay will come after you for the money if Ebay paid you thru their Buyer protection Policy (Which I Doubt Because of the time it took for you to get your Money 30 days, sounds like a Paypal Reversal) and make you send the Item Back, if it was a Paypal Reversal Which is what I think it was, then Paypal will Make you send the Item back or Come after you for the Money.

Besides you were "Smart" enough to tell ebay that you have the Item anyway, Way to Go Einstein.

The Funny thing is that I Know a way around this because of my experience Being Defrauded (ROBBED) by Buyers like you who know how to use the Ebay/Paypal system in order to steal from Sellers.-----BUT I WILL NEVER TELL YOU!!!

Why dont you join Alibaba? I heard he has an Opening, He only has 39 Thieves Currently, and is looking for someone new to Train, thats where you will get your awnser!!!

Last edited by slapped; 06-11-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Agree with seller covering cost to send item back to him/her.

You got your refund - yes the seller took too long so that is bad on that part.

Would not suggest coming onto forum and trying to screw over a seller completely....many many work hard ha. Lot of good folx around here that you might not want to rattle with the rant ha.

Plus "Any ideas? Plus i no longer have the item it was a gift for someone who collects. Any ideas?" - what a line...you got the item (although slowly) and your money back - you got a freebie! Dont ask for ideas - there is none that really helps you to act in good faith...
Old 06-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%

I like that post by ptenchick - what a nice buyer...

Although quiet, that was an honest return of a product.
Old 06-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

Its bad enough that sellers have to deal with Ebay, Paypal and all their Bull, Buyers like you make it that much worse!!!

It seems to me that you suffer from a FALSE sense of entitlement!!
Exactly! Seller performed poorly but that isn't a free pass to steal.... Some buyers just have a "I deserve" attitude....

There is NO difference here than if seller kept payment and never sent item. Its the same. Stealing
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
lakeman (06-11-2010)
Old 06-11-2010

grease ...where to begin.

This forum is for sellers in case you missed the bus on that one.

But, in your defense lets say in the unlikely event the item is a signed football from hall of fame quarterback Dan Marino. Thats about the only way this is acceptable and it would give you a free "pass" to keep the item.

Now ship the guy back his item you did not pay for!!!